Aliens: Dark Descent Gameplay Release Date Trailer!

Started by Darkness, Mar 21, 2023, 02:51:32 PM

Author
Aliens: Dark Descent Gameplay Release Date Trailer! (Read 5,090 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Aliens Dark Descent sub forum when?

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 22, 2023, 09:25:45 AMIt's incentive to play better and replay.
I'd imagine replay value would be a big thing for this since perma death is a thing for this game. That element is something I've missed in games lately.

Also, going to add, if there's one definitive advantage that this game has over AvP Extinction.... is that you can actually rotate the camera.

Wweyland

I remember that Aliens: Infestation also had "perma death" but there was at least the ability to save and load, but it might have been a feature of the emulator.

Soapycloak

Soapycloak

Gameplay looks quite decent, character design and cutscenes are a bit poor. Might pick it up if it delivers, have skipped Fireteam Elite. Hope it's more about aliens than those zombie cyborgs, but guess they will need to use different types of enemies to bring variety.

Griffith

This game is looking good. Guys correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this gameplay mechanic the premise of Aliens Colonial Marines when it was originaly conceived? A strategic squad base game with different classes?

BlueMarsalis79

Sort of, but also an FPS, with co-op.

COOL GUY

COOL GUY

Yep

matthew

matthew

Wasn't there also supposed to be another Aliens game in the works? Am I confusing the show/movie for 2 games?

After such a high with Alien Isolation...not sure this one will do it for me. (And I skipped Fireteam Elite as well...)

Corporal Hicks

We are getting a VR game as well.

And supposedly a 3rd that hasn't been announced.

nchurch81

Looks fun. Though a new RTS where you get play as the Aliens would be fun. Or just a straight up hive management simulator. Like SimAnt, but with xenomorphs. Fanboy rant over.  ;D

BlueMarsalis79

Of course Church would say that.

nchurch81

I have never made the connection between my name and Dr. Church.... I approve.

Immortan Jonesy

I thought SM was Dr. Church? what's going on? :o

Corporal Hicks

Sagit

I'm not entirely sure this game is RTS. For me it is something like Cannon Fodder or Syndicate with Aliens. I like what I see so far.

Hope the levels will be randomly generated or this could get stale pretty fast I'm afraid.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed