Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It

Started by Darkoo, Jan 27, 2011, 03:03:32 PM

Author
Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It (Read 146,994 times)

SM

Prepare to be disappointed.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: JayHy17 on May 18, 2012, 02:12:26 AMI think he's just messing with everyone. At least i hope! I want to see a freaking xeno.

If he is lying and there is a living xeno in the film it will trigger the largest communal fan-gasm ever witnessed in the history of cinema, regardless of whether you like the idea or not. ;)

BioMechanical

Sorry guys, but I think that would just shit all over this movie.

Qwertify

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 18, 2012, 02:25:23 AM
Quote from: JayHy17 on May 18, 2012, 02:12:26 AMI think he's just messing with everyone. At least i hope! I want to see a freaking xeno.

If he is lying and there is a living xeno in the film it will trigger the largest communal fan-gasm ever witnessed in the history of cinema, regardless of whether you like the idea or not. ;)
Theron did say fans will be very very happy - and Lindelof did say that, your favorite band won't let you down during the concert - they will play everybody's favorite song at the end.

Could that be it? OMG if there IS a xeno - you will be right - or

Spoiler
[close]

austinsteadman

I have taken the time to really try to understand what this movie is about by reading alot of what riddley scott explianed in his interviews in the movie magiznes before the trailers came out.  I feel that he did not mislead anyone about the story,  he gave us little hints about what Prometheus is about.  This movie will have the dna of the alien but at the same time we are going to see new things that will lead us up to alien,  prometheus will be something new that we have not seen before.  I'm glade that the story is not going to be about a young ripley, but about the alien race of the so called space jockeys.  The alien space jockeys are the creators of the aliens we see in the movies but at the same time the company is really the creator of them,  thats why in alien the company is so determined to get the species because the crew of prometeus all die on the planet were the alien eggs are found.

Vickers Valiant

I don't know if there will be a xeno "as we know them" in this movie, but I'd definitely like to see what a xeno that's been birthed from an Engineer would look like (yes, I've seen the various fan/comic/video game designs, ha).

From the rumors that we've all heard, the "alien" in this movie is going to be big. I'm just wondering if by "alien" they mean the Engineer, or the new xeno.

SteveEugene

It's my understanding/interpretation that whatever creatures are in this film interact with the humans in some way which gives the organism impetus to evolve a better way to infect/impregnate its new found host ( i.e. us)

This would lead the way for the evolution of the facehugger.  What we most likely see is an egg. An egg in the sense as we know them from ALIEN.

Look at it this way, the facehugger seems to have co-evolved to fit a human face rather nicely. In nature this isn't random. A good example would be certain symbiotic relationships that specific species of moths have with certain cacti or orchids in that their mouth parts a highly specialized for these plants and, in fact, these plants reply solely on these months for pollination and reproduction.

I think what we are going to get is this but on a more parasitic level rather than symbiotic.

How ever the space jockeys are involved a facehugger would be too small for their larger faces, so the urns or creatures we see represent an earlier evolution of this creature suited either better for infecting the space jockey's or for what ever creature the space jockey's were using them against.

Point being, what you'll get at the end of PROMETHEUS is some creature which lay's the first EGG specially evolved for impregnating humans, thus giving way for the xenomorph as we know it.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: SteveEugene on May 18, 2012, 05:23:08 AMPoint being, what you'll get at the end of PROMETHEUS is some creature which lay's the first EGG specially evolved for impregnating humans, thus giving way for the xenomorph as we know it.

Or what we see in Prometheus is just one form of biology amongst the "different forms of biological and biomechanoid technology" that the Engineers possess. It should be noted that the xeno eggs on LV-426 are more than likely very old and therefore way predate the events of the new film.

RoyaleDuke

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 18, 2012, 06:19:48 AM
Quote from: SteveEugene on May 18, 2012, 05:23:08 AMPoint being, what you'll get at the end of PROMETHEUS is some creature which lay's the first EGG specially evolved for impregnating humans, thus giving way for the xenomorph as we know it.

Or what we see in Prometheus is just one form of biology amongst the "different forms of biological and biomechanoid technology" that the Engineers possess. It should be noted that the xeno eggs on LV-426 are more than likely very old and therefore way predate the events of the new film.

Yeah, but we will still fanwank and speculate away. Pithy jokes aside.  :D

Honestly, I am having such a hard time trying to dissect this movie and figure it out that I could almost kiss Ridley's fuzzy face. This film is going to be something special I think.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: Bishop2 on May 14, 2012, 06:52:49 PM
So I haven't been around this board much over the past few months. I didn't want to get too heavily spoiled for this film once it became clear they were seriously going for a prequel flick.

I would assume by now that people know all kinds of spoilers. We're so close to the release, it's crazy to think a ton hasn't leaked out by now. Maybe they managed to prevent it, but... I'd be surprised.

There is only ONE thing I want to know, and it seems that even with doing searches on the board, I can't find any answers to this question...

Is there going to be any type of Alien/Xenomorph in the damn movie or not? I remember hearing there might be tiny bug-sized aliens, or maybe a proto-facehugger that looks different but basically performs the same function. I can't seem to find any confirmation around here, though, so that's my one question to you guys. Can you do me a favor and tell me if I should expect any/zero actual capital-A "ALIEN" appearance? It'd help me prepare psychologically for what this movie is or isn't going to be.

Of course, maybe we seriously don't know yet. Which would be pretty amazing, and would seem to indicate "no" is the answer.

There's only one fact that I can give you: Ridley stated in an interview that the Xenomorph won't be in the movie.

I don't think have to put this in spoilers... it has been stated in public threads numerously. At the same time I can't tell you if this is simply a marketing gig just to make the movie more mysterious...

However, from the trailer footage seen so far, I gather this:

Spoiler
There is a snake like creature, that pretty much performs the same actions as the face-hugger, though there are differences in the manner of "performance" and "result of the performance"... if you know what I mean.

There is a mural with a creature that looks like an Alien Queen.

There is a being that grows within a human character as a parasite.

There are exoskeletion corpses lying all over the place.

Hence: biomechanic lifeforms are sure to appear... but I don't think our banana-headed friends...

[close]

QuoteIf he is lying and there is a living xeno in the film it will trigger the largest communal fan-gasm ever witnessed in the history of cinema, regardless of whether you like the idea or not.

If that happens, then the whole point why this movie was made in the end will be for nothing. I mean come on guys, from everything we've seen so far it can be easily seen that the story doesn't focus on "a" or more percise "the" creature that will kill humans in the movie.

The movie is about the origins of mankind, creation of life and death, terraforming planets, breeding humans, etc... the creatures in this movie are just to enhance those things... unlike "Alien" were the whole movie was just about "the creature"...

RoaryUK

Quote from: Tangakkai on May 18, 2012, 07:37:53 PM
If that happens, then the whole point why this movie was made in the end will be for nothing. I mean come on guys, from everything we've seen so far it can be easily seen that the story doesn't focus on "a" or more percise "the" creature that will kill humans in the movie.

The movie is about the origins of mankind, creation of life and death, terraforming planets, breeding humans, etc... the creatures in this movie are just to enhance those things... unlike "Alien" were the whole movie was just about "the creature"...

Agree with you all the way.... I'd also suggest we're possibly going to witness the origins of the Alien too, which is why I believe we will see the Proto Face-Hugger. Maybe this thing will be a cross between various stages of the Alien, a variant we recognise but it still feels new.  If Ridley really has got that part right we don't need the xeno, because there's your DNA connection, there's the shape of things to come, the only question left is probably the hardest of all to answer.... what does it do!! 

Tangakkai

Quote from: RoaryUK on May 18, 2012, 08:15:08 PM

Agree with you all the way.... I'd also suggest we're possibly going to witness the origins of the Alien too, which is why I believe we will see the Proto Face-Hugger. Maybe this thing will be a cross between various stages of the Alien, a variant we recognise but it still feels new.  If Ridley really has got that part right we don't need the xeno, because there's your DNA connection, there's the shape of things to come, the only question left is probably the hardest of all to answer.... what does it do!!

Yes, I could totally see that happen, since it would enforce the purpose of creation. Ridley could really make a masterpiece out of this by bringing in some familiar things/shapes but with a larger concept in mind. I strongly suspect that this will be the case and share your opinion.

What I don't like is that many people are focussing so much on "will there be a Xeno, won't there be a Xeno"? I do see the importance of having some familiar things between the new and the old franchise, but I do not understand why so many people are giving so much weight on WHAT the creature will actually be... as if that matters for the idea that this film wants to carry...

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Tangakkai on May 18, 2012, 09:30:56 PM
Quote from: RoaryUK on May 18, 2012, 08:15:08 PM

Yes, I could totally see that happen, since it would enforce the purpose of creation. Ridley could really make a masterpiece out of this by bringing in some familiar things/shapes but with a larger concept in mind. I strongly suspect that this will be the case and share your opinion.

What I don't like is that many people are focussing so much on "will there be a Xeno, won't there be a Xeno"? I do see the importance of having some familiar things between the new and the old franchise, but I do not understand why so many people are giving so much weight on WHAT the creature will actually be... as if that matters for the idea that this film wants to carry...

To be honest all I wanted is a true Alien Prequel, not just something that has Space Jockeys and Weyland in there, any fan could write a decent story about that.  Alas, even though I'm expecting to see something I'll enjoy, I think I'm going to be disappointed at an opportunity lost. If I am right, while any success for Prometheus will mean more of the same, which is fine by me, I fear it may also likely open the doors for more AvP to join the dots, because FOX just doesn't know how to treat the Alien any more.  I'll also add, it doesn't help when you have Sir Riddles saying stuff like 'the Alien has run it's course', that's just BS and annoys the hell out of me. The guy is supposed to be an artist, he's even talked about changing it, and I don't care what anyone says the Alien still has LOADS more to offer.  It's all in the presentation as far as I'm concerned, something Scott should be more than capable of but it seems maybe isn't willing to do! 

orchidal

orchidal

^This^
However, if a Xeno/facehugger were to be involved in this film, i'd rather have that saved for the very end of the film.
I.E., the events of the Engineer's deaths are explained/justified by the appearance a xeno (shoggoth?) within "the last 8 minutes". If the xenos represent something like the shoggoth, that would be pretty badass.

zoidy

Quote from: RoaryUK on May 18, 2012, 10:13:08 PM
To be honest all I wanted is a true Alien Prequel, not just something that has Space Jockeys and Weyland in there, any fan could write a decent story about that.  Alas, even though I'm expecting to see something I'll enjoy, I think I'm going to be disappointed at an opportunity lost. If I am right, while any success for Prometheus will mean more of the same, which is fine by me, I fear it may also likely open the doors for more AvP to join the dots, because FOX just doesn't know how to treat the Alien any more.  I'll also add, it doesn't help when you have Sir Riddles saying stuff like 'the Alien has run it's course', that's just BS and annoys the hell out of me. The guy is supposed to be an artist, he's even talked about changing it, and I don't care what anyone says the Alien still has LOADS more to offer.  It's all in the presentation as far as I'm concerned, something Scott should be more than capable of but it seems maybe isn't willing to do!
Wow. Luckily, you aren't Ridley Scott! Cos I completely and utterly disagree. I don't want a straight alien prequel, or sequel. I want what we seem to be getting - a new story, not a hack sequel/prequel, but set in the same universe with enough links and easter eggs (ha) to keep those in the know happy. More importantly, I want Ridley Scott to make the creative decisions on such a movie, because us, here, on this forum? We know nothing about actually making a good film.

And "The guy is supposed to be an artist"? .... please. Run that line by me again when you have Ridley Scott's career behind you. If he made a straight up prequel, using the same alien, he'd probably see that as the lesser artistic choice.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed