First image

Started by SonOfTheDark, Jan 15, 2007, 04:54:02 PM

Author
First image (Read 23,747 times)

wolfboy

wolfboy

I think they should keep the predator's eyes shrouded in shadows. That was something I noticed in AvP. You could see the "grey" in their eyes a lot.

Cryxen

Cryxen

yeah i hope we dont have human peepers in this movie like in avp

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

True on that.  They gave Scar blue eyes to "romanticize" him.  They need to go back to the red and yellow eyes that we know of from Predator 1 and 2.

Ptt

Ptt

Am I the only one who don't like the ADI Alien?  :-\
I really like the Alien design in Alien3 but after that it's so horrible.
In Alien Resurrection the design is more human-bio than biomechanic. Yes, that's reasonable with the movie script that the alien has a human DNA.
But, In AVP I really hope that the ADI will be back to redesign to the original like A1-A3. But not, Them use the same Alien in A4 with the little chaning the color ,the little pipe in the alien back and changed the chicken leg to human like leg. Don't help anything. that make the alien look so fake.(Yes maybe only in my oppinion.) and the alien cheek. Yes, the cheek is so thin and transparent. Like the Queen cheek in AVP. Why they don't make it dark like the original. Why why why???

So... I have a high hope for this AVP2. Hope they will redesign the alien to original like the director said.
And... Whoa! The rigged head is back. And the same body, same fingers like the past in A4 AVP. Nooooooooo, why they don't back to the old school alien like in A1-A3? Like the cool basic predator in this picture? And the cheek, the transparent cheek again?

Ok, I hope I'm wrong when the movie is out.  :'(

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

I agree 100%

warhawk05

warhawk05

In the hi-res pic its clear the marks on the pred mask are battle scars, which hopefully mean its not a young pred but a seasoned hunter. As for the cannon being soo far out, it may be in transition...coming up from or going back to its stowed posistion. This scene does make the alien look docile, maybe a captive? (reason for all the chains?). Maybe this pred is picking out a bug for some hunting practice. OR! (here's a stretch) the pred was about to blast him, then saw his deformed hands and saw "no sport in the kill" and is tossing it aside. :P

The scene also looks to be a staged production shot, with some obvious photo manipulation. The chain on the right has been partialy removed from the scene. It appears the chain originaly goes to the bottom of the screen and then loops up between the two warriors. Look close and you can see some "ghost artifacting", two chainlinks where the cannon arm meets the preds shoulder and straight down where the long grey dred? or hose ? meets his armpit (I dont think its a dred as it seems to come over his shoulder and wrap under his armpit). There is also a open gap in the dreds to the left of the preds chin, but all we see is grey not the background or any light (odd).

locusta

locusta

I don´t get what you see. Actually it´s an unedited production still. No need to edit or retouch anything. And for the hand. We know by now that they look only odd on this pic because of the angle and the crappy rubber-gloves they used.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Master Hobbs

Master Hobbs

Strause Comments on AvP2 Movie Photo [Updated]

Monday, January 15, 2007

On the Internet Movie Databse forums, AvP2 movie director Colin Strause has commented on the new AvP2 movie photo. He says lighting problems, which can make things look fake, can be easily explained.

"On-set photos are never taken from the correct lighting angle, because they are working around our motion picture camera," Colin Strause said, "so this will make the photos not look as good as the final movie. They are too front-lit, too bright, and might be missing all of the slime on the creatures, because the photos are usually taken in-between takes."

Man, the photo already looks good. Finished product's even better? Thanks for the heads-up, Colin!

Update: And Greg Strause made a small comment on the Predator 'laser' in the photo.

"The laser was filmed 'in-camera'. We had real working lasers," Greg says.

Just a small comment...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xenomorphheadjw4.jpg

Is it me or is this the new AvP Aliens head?

SiL

SiL

It's just you.

The new head doesn't have the tube running down the length of the head, the spikes on the head are bigger and fewer, and it looks to be more like a repeating-shell patter nrather than ribbed (although, looking at it again, it is ribbed as well).

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, was just about to say so. Lol Was looking at the two pictures side by side. Never noticed those spikes in Aliens.

SiL

SiL

Yeah, it's always had the spikes.

The new design has less, and they're bigger, though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I see. Just put the still and this new image next to each other. This picture looks nice, though.

locusta

locusta

It´s the 1/1 scale Sideshow Aliens Warrior bust. But it´s good to know the guys over at Gearbox use it as reverence for there game models. Makes me happy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed