The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Author
The Predator Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 115,821 times)

Highland

Quote from: Xerxész on Jun 01, 2018, 04:05:59 PM
Quote from: Highland on Jun 01, 2018, 10:03:15 AM
I wouldn't have put any ship crashing. It's too AVPR.

Yes.
Why not just a simple landing? Predator comes, lands, exits from his ship and starts hunting.

One of the nicer touches on Anderson's AVP was the ship entry at the end with the lack of sound effects for the stealth.

Space_Dementia

I liked a few things with AVP... the idea/premise being one, just the ideas were not executed right... AVP was a movie that had potential but just failed. It left a bad taste in my mouth and this trailer, well moments in this trailer just remind me of the AVP movies... crashing ship for one. AVP aside, this is a poor trailer. Very disappointed... but still looking forward to this movie. I do have faith in Shane Black.

Highland

Quote from: Space_Dementia on Jun 06, 2018, 09:05:12 PM
I liked a few things with AVP... the idea/premise being one, just the ideas were not executed right... AVP was a movie that had potential but just failed. It left a bad taste in my mouth and this trailer, well moments in this trailer just remind me of the AVP movies... crashing ship for one. AVP aside, this is a poor trailer. Very disappointed... but still looking forward to this movie. I do have faith in Shane Black.

I agree, the tone was also not correct, the middle of the movie is like they are wandering about on the same set painted differently. The moving pyramid had tons of potential.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Highland on Jun 07, 2018, 12:03:38 AM

I agree, the tone was also not correct, the middle of the movie is like they are wandering about on the same set painted differently. The moving pyramid had tons of potential.

Eh, just use the same two sets a million times, it'll be fine!

KiramidHead

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 07, 2018, 12:15:39 AM

Don't forget to cut to computerized maps for absolutely no reason.

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 07, 2018, 01:49:31 AM

The pyramid was constantly shifting. We wouldn't want the audience to get lost in there.  ;)

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 07, 2018, 01:55:54 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 07, 2018, 01:49:31 AM

The pyramid was constantly shifting. We wouldn't want the audience to get lost in there.  ;)

Or we need to patch over obviously missing footage... *cough*ResidentEvil1*cough*

Actual Hybrid

Sooo, I guess it's JW2 then?

The Old One

The Old One

OpenMaw

I'm assuming he's asking*/guessing/suggesting (if*) we're going to get a full trailer attached to Jurassic World 2.

Corporal Hicks

I think we're still looking at another month before we see another.

Tetsujin

July (17-24), i think.

Maybe drop - Mission: Impossible - Fallout premier...

We'll see.

skull-splitter

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 07, 2018, 11:46:15 PM
I'm assuming he's asking*/guessing/suggesting (if*) we're going to get a full trailer attached to Jurassic World 2.

Sounds about right. Too bad they ruined their only surprise this early. Haven't learned from Jurassic World's, Terminator Genesys or the BvS trailers (all of which pulles the same stunt and ruining the main surprise of all those films weeks ahead of release)

germanator2

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2018, 01:00:32 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Watch the new teaser for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThePredator?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ThePredator</a> now, in theaters everywhere September 14. <a href="https://t.co/lUrWjvhyg3">pic.twitter.com/lUrWjvhyg3</a></p>— Predator (@Predator) <a href="https://twitter.com/Predator/status/994562718043602945?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 10, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Up!
Definitely better than the first trailer. Definitely should have released this one first, or at least something similar with this amount of action rather than have a whole minute of one trailer focus on the kid. In terms of marketing, they really need to realize who their audience is, and for starters, I don't think too much interested in a kid in a Predator movie. I got nothing against a kid being in it, but why advertise him prominently.
On a whole, I still got mix feelings. I do like some of the action, I think it looks interesting, some good shots. I do like the Predator face design. Way better than the Super Predators. Still too clean looking though and that new mask, especially that shot of it up against the original mask, is just really goofy looking. They really overdesigned it. There are so many different custom figures and artwork of Predators with different designs of mask, but are still rather simple looking without it feeling overdesigned too much. I still get a Saturday night movie schlock from this as well, especially with the last shot of the giant Predator slamming the smaller Predator. It's like one of those cheap monster versus movies. It just feels off.

OpenMaw

Quote from: germanator2 on Jun 09, 2018, 10:01:55 PM
I got nothing against a kid being in it, but why advertise him prominently.

Because aside of Holbrook and Casey,
Spoiler
Rory is basically the main central character.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed