D23 2022 - 20th Century Studios Panel (Sept. 10)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Sep 04, 2022, 04:58:51 PM

Author
D23 2022 - 20th Century Studios Panel (Sept. 10) (Read 8,377 times)

Kradan

I'm beginning to think @BlueMarsalis79 doesn't like James Cameron too much

Xenomorphine

That was strangely in slow-motion.

The interface is very 'X-COM', but the speed the Aliens were moving at makes me wonder if it'll be like the 'Battlestar Galactica' RTS, where you play through a game at one speed, but then the mission is replayed in a cinematic way. The AI chooses the best camera shots and tracks stuff of interest going on.

Which, honestly, would be truly amazing and superb for this.

In the case of BSG, it's turn-based, then the cinematic replay occurs and you have controls over how to rewind and view it. In the case of this, perhaps it plays out in slow-motion (to prevent the player feeling overloaded and simulate how a real person in that situation would have better reflexes than we would do), then replays the entire thing with cinematic perspectives.

If that's what they're doing it wasn't something I anticipated, but could be an ideal gameplay style compromise.

And if not, then they should do! Because now I've thought of this, it feels like a great possibility.

BlueMarsalis79

You can put it in slow motion yourself, they covered that in an article, you can find it in the thread for Dark Descent.

Schrödinger

*Sighs* Okay, I already know I'm gonna like this one. 

Now if only Laurian Studio's and Fox/Disney with Free League Publishing could get togeather and put the Aliens TTRPG into video game format with a SP/CoOp Campaign, and a GM Mode.

Mike’s Monsters

Wasn't expecting anything new as we'd not heard much yet. We're not close enough to full production on the FX series of Alvarez film for them to start giving us stuff. Not until they're about to start filming or shortly after will we probably get the juicy news. Probably when casting starts to come out too.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Schrödinger on Sep 10, 2022, 09:06:38 PM*Sighs* Okay, I already know I'm gonna like this one. 

Now if only Laurian Studio's and Fox/Disney with Free League Publishing could get togeather and put the Aliens TTRPG into video game format with a SP/CoOp Campaign, and a GM Mode.

What's wrong with Roll20?

Wompdonkey

looks rad, can't wait

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 10, 2022, 08:38:05 PMThat was strangely in slow-motion.

The game will go into slow-motion sometimes to give you the chance to get all your clicks in. I believe one of the recent hands-off demos brought it up.

I wasn't really expecting anything for us at the Studios event, but I was hoping for more from the games. I'm happy to have seen some footage though so it's not all a bust, but it is disappointing.

BlueMarsalis79

What a joke honestly, why even have Michael Fassbender and Ridley Scott present if not for a project? 

skhellter

they did announce new projects tho.

Michael Bay is doing Predator 2: Part 2 (starring Adrien Brody) (this came out of nowhere.)

Ridley is joining Jimbo to do Alien 5. Ridley dropping the actual mic resulted in a ton of audio distortion, almost burst my eardrums.

No word on Fede's movie, looks like it has been canceled.

There was a ton of great looking concept art thrown on the screen.
Bay's movie looks super colorful and switches LA for Florida...

and then i woke up.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: skhellter on Sep 11, 2022, 01:12:55 PMthey did announce new projects tho.

Michael Bay is doing Predator 2: Part 2 (starring Adrien Brody) (this came out of nowhere.)

Ridley is joining Jimbo to do Alien 5. Ridley dropping the actual mic resulted in a ton of audio distortion, almost burst my eardrums.

No word on Fede's movie, looks like it has been canceled.

There was a ton of great looking concept art thrown on the screen.
Bay's movie looks super colorful and switches LA for Florida...

and then i woke up.

God if only.

Why do you tease me so.  :'(

Kradan

Kailem

Quote from: skhellter on Sep 11, 2022, 01:12:55 PMMichael Bay is doing Predator 2: Part 2 (starring Adrien Brody) (this came out of nowhere.)

"Following the events of Predator 2, The Lost Tribe are about to leave LA when their attention is drawn to the set of Michael Bay's latest movie by the intense amount of explosions and action they see taking place there.

They alter course, landing on the Fox movie lot, and begin to hunt the cast and crew, unaware that the shootouts and pyrotechnics they're witnessing aren't actually real.

Now, Adrien Brody must prepare for the toughest role of his career: surviving this shoot!"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed