Started by ace3g, Mar 06, 2014, 07:35:30 PM

Author
Last of Us (Read 15,540 times)

Rankles75

Rankles75

Spoiler
Ugh, Clickers. I hate Clickers...
[close]

Another strong episode. I'm sure some of the changes they've made from the games so far will divide opinions, but I'm fully behind at least most of them.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'm in an interesting place fan-wise, as I played the game when it came out and loved it, but haven't gone back since, so a lot of the changes aren't registering with me.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I've played the game multiple times and it is one of my favorite pieces of media of all time.

I was pretty much down with everything they did in the first episode except for one thing. 
Spoiler
The Robert massacre needed to happen, without it you don't get why Tess and Joel are feared/respected by everybody that knows who they are.
[close]

The second episode I was okay with most of the changes except two:
Spoiler
Tess lack of screentime and the stalker kiss.  Which was f**king stupid.  But the lack of Tess in the episode is the major crime here.
 In the game you were with her longer and got a much better sense on why Tess/Joel partnership was a thing that had survived for years in the apocalypse.  Here not only do both not feel as dangerous as they did in the game, Tess was essentially neutered.  It seems like they are going for a more Han Solo type of smuggler vs smugglers who are entirely capable of taking out two armed soldiers who get the drop on them in seconds in the game.  It isn't terrible change that ruins the story for me or anything, but it isn't one I would've done.  Tess wasn't with you anywhere but Boston, and you hardly go any distance with her (even though there are several encounters here), but it just feels like a swing and a miss for her character the way they did her here.
[close]

Because they are actually further ahead than I expected them to be in this point in the story, I'm actually wandering how they are going to fill the next 7 episodes. 

Spoiler
bill's town, pittsburgh/henry and sam (where some elements were already used in boston), tommy, university of eastern colorado/david, SLC.  I'm guessing they one off most of the game areas with single episodes and give a two piece for episodes for what was david and the ending sections.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Darkness

Darkness

It's been good so far, great production values. But yeah, I didn't expect them to be so far ahead in the story on episode 2. Thought Tess could have had more screentime.

I'm hoping there's going to be more story stuff in the show that's not in the game.

Razz

Razz

They absolutely nailed the Clickers in this. Holy shit.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I thought they showed them too soon honestly. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 26, 2023, 07:09:23 AMI thought they showed them too soon honestly. 

In what godforsaken hellhole did you first play the game?

ace3g

T Dog

T Dog

So now that we know Season 2 is happening I wonder what it's going to be.

The Last of Us Part 2 definitely seems like it could be made into two seasons of television. So the question in my mind is if seasons 2 and 3 of the show will be Part 2, or if they will create original content for a season 2 before moving onto the story of Part 2.

My only wish with this show is that they don't end up in a Game of Thrones situation where the show outpaces the games and ends up spoiling what will potentially be The Last of Us Part 3.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I think they will have full seasons in between what is the first and second game.  Fill out the flashbacks. 

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 26, 2023, 11:34:53 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 26, 2023, 07:09:23 AMI thought they showed them too soon honestly. 

In Lexington KY. 

My main gripe was that even though they do jump infection stages in the game, you had more encounters with runners before you ever encounter clickers.  Clickers force you to change tactics in the game because the infection uparmors the infected body.  You can shoot them to death, but it takes a whole lot more rounds to do so. 

Going right to clickers without having runners after you first just isn't a step I would've taken.  Again doesn't kill the show, but now runners being after you just doesn't feel as big of a threat when you downgrade from clickers. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 28, 2023, 02:09:51 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 26, 2023, 11:34:53 PM

In Lexington KY.

Damn.  That was some bad bush.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Bruh, I grew up watching UK's sports teams but I actually hate lexington.  It is full of well off kids from all over the state and ohio transplants who think they are better than Kentuckians. 

So it does kind of suck.  I was actually disappointed that I chose to go to school there vs WKU or Murray State.  I just went thinking it would be awesome.  It ended up being crackertown USA.  I once walked by a pair of snobby white girls talking in front of their spanish class and were complaining that the instructor was spanish.  I am also a white guy, but that kind of logic would be like me complaining that my japanese instructor was in fact japanese.  What did you expect?

I came from a much poorer and much more racially diverse part of the state, so that was a big surprise to me when I got there.  Also northern people are dicks.  /end rant

Immortan Jonesy

Rankles75

Rankles75

Pass on that shit...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed