AvP Three World War - New Series, 2009

Started by XenoVC, Jul 22, 2009, 09:05:36 AM

Author
AvP Three World War - New Series, 2009 (Read 129,253 times)

SM

SM

QuoteEven though the first issue is leading up to the next, one thing I liked is that it adds duality to the Predator culture

That occurred to me too.

One of the things that struck as especially crap though was Machiko saying to the marines "I assume you all know about me" - and then proceeds to tell them all about herself.  Very shoddy and so easily avoidable.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Jan 15, 2010, 05:29:43 AM
That occurred to me too.

Are you honestly serious or just being sarcastic. Sometimes it's hard to tell if your are or not.

Quote from: SM on Jan 15, 2010, 05:29:43 AM
One of the things that struck as especially crap though was Machiko saying to the marines "I assume you all know about me" - and then proceeds to tell them all about herself.  Very shoddy and so easily avoidable.

Hmm... I have to re-read the comic again to see what you mean. One thing I can say, while the new mini-series is interesting, it pales in comparison to the original AvP comic.

-Rakai'Thwei

SM

SM

QuoteAre you honestly serious or just being sarcastic. Sometimes it's hard to tell if your are or not.

Serious.  Can't really see an opening there for sarcasm. (Hint - I often end with an ellipsis when I'm being sarcastic.  Just for future reference.)

The panel that showed two groups of Predators facing off instantly brought the Predators script to mind.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Jan 15, 2010, 05:41:11 AM
The panel that showed two groups of Predators facing off instantly brought the Predators script to mind.

I like the idea of renegade clans who don't hunt for honor or sport, but it just to be bloodthirsty killers because they get a sick rush from it, it definately reminded me of the Predators from Predators.

But I like the traditional clans the best, since I was introduced to those kinds of Predator.

These renegade clans don't really change anything about the Predator culture, but it adds on a darker side to it which not many people seem to think about. I definately like the idea.

Makes you think that all these years, we've only seen one side, and now we're seeing an uglier side of it.

-Rakai'Thwei

SM

SM

With black blood...

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Jan 15, 2010, 06:09:20 AM
With black blood...

Yes... even with black blood.

I'd like to think of those Predators as one of the many Renegade clans, seeing as they are something in a conflict with the traditional clans.

-Rakai'Thwei

Xenomrph

If this series finds a way to tie in "renegade Predators" with the whole "Yautja/Hish" business from the Dark Horse novels, I will be incredibly impressed.
I'm not necessarily hopeful that it will happen, but if it happens I'll be impressed.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 15, 2010, 03:15:07 AM
It's not as bad as Predator: Homeworld

It's bad at first but I didn't mind it as a i read on. The crazy style suited the narrative, I found.

Should be picking up a copy of this today.

Xenomrph

I hated the art in Homeworld, I thought it was really terrible and just couldn't get into it at all.

Corporal Hicks

I'm very critical of Predator comics. I find they often have interesting stories and crappy art. When I first flicked through the pages I thought it was going to be another comic I'd slag off but I really got into it.

Xenomrph

Yeah, the only reason I put up with Homeworld was because the writing was so solid. I *like* the comic on the whole, but the art is really shit. It's tough to recommend it to most people who aren't die-hard Predator comic book fans because they'll take one look at the art and say "what is this shit" and ditch it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just read iss #1. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The story already seems a lot tighter than the first AvP series. I never thought the first series was that good TBH. I didn't dislike the artwork as much as I thought I would - reading lots of negativeness tends to blunt the effect when you get to it. I do agree that it's not too amazing though.

Esp compared to Zach Howards work. There's not enough detail, the artwork too smuggy. I'll keep reading on though.

That said, the only problem I have with his art is the creature design. I like his humans and environments, it's only the way he draws the creatures.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 15, 2010, 01:29:05 PM
That said, the only problem I have with his art is the creature design. I like his humans and environments, it's only the way he draws the creatures.
That's pretty bad when the main selling point of Aliens and Predator comics is the Aliens and Predators. :(

Corporal Hicks

Oh, I'm not gonna argue with that.

cloverfan98

I agree about the artwork for the creatures. Still it may get better in the later issues.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed