AvP Three World War - New Series, 2009

Started by XenoVC, Jul 22, 2009, 09:05:36 AM

Author
AvP Three World War - New Series, 2009 (Read 129,255 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 31, 2009, 03:45:00 AMI gotta say right now, I envy you Alien fans, you guys are getting the better treats as of late.

...Predator fans are just getting screwed over.

Hardly. You got all the good novels. I like that varient. Very retro.

Lobster

Lobster

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Dec 31, 2009, 01:25:06 AM
Not entirely - they revisited Tirgu-Mires in Aliens: Wraith.
Oh, I had no idea that Wraith took place on the same planet. Still, I'd love to see Alecto Throop and her owl again.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 31, 2009, 11:46:17 AM
Hardly. You got all the good novels. I like that varient. Very retro.

We got all the good novels?

Well, unless you're talking about Concrete Jungle, Cold War, Big Game, Turn About, South China Sea and to a lesser extent, Prey and Hunter's Planet... then yeah.

But I'm talking about the newer comic... and... well, I'm just gonna stop here.

But you Alien fans have some good novels too, from the ones I've read anyway, like Genocide, Earth War, Nightmare Asylum, Berserker..

-Rakai'Thwei

Mr. Domino

Overall, the Predator novels have been better over the years, but they've far from gotten all the good ones. I quite liked a decent chunk of the Aliens ones.

Corporal Hicks

My mistake. All the good recent novels. Aside from Forever Midnight. The Alien novels haven't been to the same standard.

Spaghetti

As far as the new novels go, predator has by far gotten the better treatment.

South China Sea and Turnabout are better than all the new Aliens novels IMO. After reading SCS and some of his other stuff, I wish DH would just let Jeff VanderMeer do whatever he wants with any future predator novels and maybe some alien too.

Yautja117

Vandermeer is really great. I'd love to see what else he'd bring to the table. His Halo short "The Mona Lisa" is amazing. Hopefully he'll write more novels.

Spaghetti

Hell yes, just recently read Evolutions and 'The Mona Lisa' is definitely one of the most entertaining and original of the bunch.

Yautja117

It'd be cool if Vandermeer wrote a Predator comic series, prehaps a follow up to AVP: 3WW. I'd like to see how he'd work in the medium.

vikingspawn

New interview with Randy Stradley up at IGN:

"Aliens and Predators Return to War"

http://comics.ign.com/articles/105/1058673p1.html

Corporal Hicks

One of the points stressed in the story is that it's a mistake to project human emotions or sensibilities on the Predators. They're not "noble savages." Their sense of honor and obligation is very different than ours.

I like!

vikingspawn

ALIENS VS. PREDATOR: THREE WORLD WAR #3 (of 6)

ALIENS VS. PREDATOR: THREE WORLD WAR #3 (of 6)
Randy Stradley (W), Rick Leonardi (P), Mark Pennington (I), Wes Dzioba (C), and Raymond Swanland (Cover)
On sale Apr 7
FC, 40 pages, $3.50
Miniseries

Against her better judgment, Machiko Noguchi is back with the Predators, trying to forge a coalition between the clan that once accepted her and a strike force of Colonial Marines. But it's an uneasy alliance at best as neither side understands the motives or mores of the other. Every gesture is a challenge, every altercation an invitation to battle. But the real battle is yet to come — against a rogue clan of warlike Predators with an army of Aliens under their control. It is said that no plan survives contact with the enemy, but Machiko's plan can barely stand up to her allies!

- Featuring the creative dream team of original AVP writer Randy Stradley, Rick Leonardi, Mark Pennington, Wes Dzioba, and Raymond Swanland, Aliens vs. Predator: Three World War ties together story threads introduced in the 1989 AvP series and new Aliens and Predator storylines, setting the stage for the most epic AvP brawl ever imagined.

Mr. Domino

Now that - is an epic cover. I've been waiting to see a Swanland queen for months now. Badass.

XenoVC

Quotesetting the stage for the most epic AvP brawl ever imagined.

I just hope the most epic AvP brawl ever imagined isn't a fight between red crab Aliens and Predators.

Mr. Domino

I just hope the fact that they're calling it a brawl doesn't mean that Mario and Samus will be showing up  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed