New Set Construction Picture Reveals Link to Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 13, 2016, 06:12:02 AM

Author
New Set Construction Picture Reveals Link to Prometheus (Read 30,873 times)

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 13, 2016, 10:00:47 AM
Better than using stuff we said we didn't like.  :laugh:
Touche

I didn't bother keeping up with the cast but was there any women cast so far? I'm just wondering if this will literally be an all dude affair of engineers.

Corporal Hicks

The lead is a woman - Katherine Waterston. There's also Callie Hernandez, Amy Seimetz and Carmen Ejogo. http://www.avpgalaxy.net/alien-movies/alien-covenant/

whiterabbit

Oh wow god forbid I'd actually think of searching for alien:covenant news here.  ::)

I feel kind of stupid now. However that is a lot of fantastic women. I hope one of them plays an engineer. Also from the set picture I'm kind of picturing a first half that is Paradise and then a second half of the movie that will be Hell. The biggest question is do we meet God in this movie.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 13, 2016, 10:28:47 AM
Oh wow god forbid I'd actually think of searching for alien:covenant news here.  ::)

Shocking notion, right?!  :laugh:

QuoteThe biggest question is do we meet God in this movie.

It does seem like Scott is going back on the Engineers being the main God angle. He talked about "who created them" in regards to the Engineers.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: RidgeTop on Apr 13, 2016, 06:58:46 AM
Maybe we'll get some meaning for it this time. Is it just me or does fox totally not have any leak prevention or security for this production?

This is the first real "leaked" picture we've seen so far.

All the images of the airlock/spacecraft were taken by tourists since it is located on an easily accessible spot on public land. Nothing Fox can do about that.

Corporal Hicks

It does sound like they've at least started to try and shoo people away at Milford Sound.

Perfect-Organism

I'm glad this this concept is being carried forward as it is a mystery in the first film that demands an explanation.

Godzillakuj94

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 13, 2016, 09:49:28 AM
Quote from: OWLF on Apr 13, 2016, 09:23:56 AM
Looks very similar to the concept art seen in the Prometheus : The Art of the Film book.

Oh great, Ridley's just going to use the stuff we all said look better than the stuff used in Prometheus...  :laugh:
If that's the case then I hope we get to see this guy.

oduodu

Quote from: Godzillakuj94 on Apr 13, 2016, 02:33:03 PM
Looks very similar to the concept art seen in the Prometheus : The Art of the Film book.

Oh great, Ridley's just going to use the stuff we all said look better than the stuff used in Prometheus...  :laugh:

That's fifield right ?? One of the earlier concepts?

Perfect-Organism

Well the notion presented in this image makes me think of what ended up happening to the deacon in the Fire and Stone comic series.  He literally became the mountain.  What if the Engineers are capable of doing the same thing?  Do you really think Dark Horse would have had permission to cook up an idea like that on their own?

The idea of the Engineers becoming their own spacecraft or buildings or mountains fits well with their notion of sacrifice.  I mean that's what the Engineer did at the beginning of Prometheus to seed the planet.  What if the old elephant nosed engineer from Alien was just an engineer who grew to become that juggernaut?  It would be a different approach to the one seen in Prometheus, but it could be parallel.  The armor that the engineers wear at the end of the film appears to be grown and not worn as we can see no visible seam between suit and body.  It could be a modernized version which allows an engineer to interface with a juggernaut ship and then disconnect from it, whereas earlier ships would have required a permanent connection a la Alien Space Jockey.

I just like the notion of engineers sacrificing themselves to become mountains, and buildings, and spaceships.  It takes the idea of growing their stuff to the next level.  They don't start from scratch.  They turn themselves into the objects they need through sacrifice.

Godzillakuj94

Quote from: oduodu on Apr 13, 2016, 02:45:33 PM

That's fifield right ?? One of the earlier concepts?
Yup.

Immortan Jonesy

I don't care if there is a meaning or not...I like mystery and that prop is beautiful and powerful in some artistic way  :P

Stolen

Very glad to see the head of Prometheus. Looks wonderful.

So the film doesn't forget Prometheus, perfect!

CainsSon

This is just conjecture, but from the released Production design elements in the ART OF PROMTHEUS book and FURIOUS GODS Doc, and also the stuff eliminated from Spaihts ENGINEERS script... Going off all of that, it seems to me, or I got the impression that Ridley and Lindeloff scrapped a lot of that stuff, and brought in a lot of the design stuff that had been scrapped from ALIEN.
I kind of expect a lot of that scrapped stuff from PROMETHEUS to end up in this film. For instance the translucent alien that can squeeze through small spaces and the sex-burster and stuff like that.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

You can see a little bit of what looks like Engineer architecture in the background. Looks like a column and wall. No bio-mechanical aesthetic unfortunately.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed