Blu Ray release

Started by Billiken, Aug 05, 2022, 01:25:36 PM

Author
Blu Ray release (Read 48,855 times)

Billiken

Billiken

Do you think Prey will get a blu Ray release?

Doomofman

Doomofman

Disney+'s record up until now suggests we wont. I do want one but I'm not expecting we'll get one

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah sadly I doubt we'll get one. Which sucks, but it won't be a surprise unfortunately.

Billiken

Billiken

This is the reason why I refuse to get streaming and support this shitty way of putting out a film. I'll get my friend to pirate it for me

It will not be released on dvd at all? Or only not on blu-ray?

Billiken

Billiken

Quote from: 343 on Aug 05, 2022, 02:05:01 PMIt will not be released on dvd at all? Or only not on blu-ray?

I'd imagine both

Man, that sucks. :-(
I thought i've heard it would be released on dvd (4K even).
We'll see. Maybe a avpg-member knows for sure.

Stitch

Stitch

I'm expecting it to stay streaming only, which is unfortunate.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

One can only hope.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: 343 on Aug 05, 2022, 02:05:01 PMIt will not be released on dvd at all? Or only not on blu-ray?
Disneys statements they made last year span has been they wont release movies physical except rare exceptions, hence mandalorian and now obiwan kenobi arent on DVD or Bluray. A very limited run of mandalorian season 1 was released but they are super rare.

Yep, doing the same: boycotting.
Quote from: 343 on Aug 05, 2022, 02:08:34 PMI thought i've heard it would be released on dvd (4K even).
https://insidethemagic.net/2020/08/no-more-disney-4k-blu-ray-tm1/

Theres more articles about this but long story short: no 4K releases from disney.

BlazinBlueReview

BlazinBlueReview

After Disney sees how well it'll do along with everything going on. At Warner Discovery, I could see them changing their tune potentially to drop it on Blu.

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, there was all that talk about Disney not bothering with Blu-Rays anymore although there was a report last year that said they were readying the 4K versions of Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection but nothing ever came from that. I do hope they release something. I'd like to listen to a commentary and watch some behind-the-scenes stuff from the film.

ModMonkey

ModMonkey

Quote from: Billiken on Aug 05, 2022, 01:25:36 PMDo you think Prey will get a blu Ray release?
The only Disney exclusive that has a physical Media release that I know of is Get Back and that's only because Apple wanted one. However, the fact that all the other Predator movies have a physical release may mean we get one but they'll want to use it to drive subscribers on the service for a while, I'm sure, so don't hold your breath.

BountyHunter

BountyHunter

This is technically a hulu release though, and Disney seems to release their hulu shows on physical media more often.

So there is some hope.

PS this is why I hate streaming and all this digital only crap, btw. People don't seem to understand how important physical releases are. Hopefully there's never a world wide disaster someday that takes out the Internet permanently. Lol  Think how much culture and entertainment will be lost because everything was "digital only".

One shouldn't have to come at the expense of the other.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: BountyHunter on Aug 06, 2022, 08:15:41 AMThink how much culture and entertainment will be lost because everything was "digital only".
Dont need a disaster for that, tons of games and movies that already is lost and cant get anymore. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed