Alien: Covenant Soundtrack *possible spoilers*

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 06, 2017, 09:19:34 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Soundtrack *possible spoilers* (Read 54,429 times)

SizzyBubbles

oh heckers. I am totally ready for this... I hope it's amazing! Though I'm hesitant to pe-order before i hear and sample of the score...

Pvt. Himmel

What's odd is according to the 4chan leaks, Sagardoa that there is a
Spoiler
funeral type scene for Branson
[close]
but it's not listed in the track list??

Unless this an incomplete partial listing. ???

Ingwar

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 07, 2017, 10:02:37 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Not every scene in any movie should have its track. Don't worry :)

Bad Replicant

Spoiler
[close]

These kinds of releases don't usually contain the entire film score, if the scene has music at all. Alternatively, it could also just be part of one of the existing tracks.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 07, 2017, 10:51:17 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Not every scene in any movie should have its track. Don't worry :)
"Anybody wanna say anything?" *dead silence* woosh! "Is he gone?" "Yup." Let's party!"

The perfect matching of Alien and Alien: Covenant!

lv_226

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 06, 2017, 01:33:00 PM
I have a sinking feeling we are going to get yet another accelerated alien life cycle depicted here.

This is my worry as well.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 06, 2017, 09:09:51 PM
John Denver is now officially part of the Alien cannon.  :)

*canon

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 07, 2017, 11:13:36 AM
"Anybody wanna say anything?" *dead silence* woosh! "Is he gone?" "Yup." Let's party!"

:laugh:

Or insert: *crickets chirping sound effect* after "anybody wanna say something"? Or how about a laugh track?

But yeah, I guess Branson wasn't well liked by the crew. A real party pooper.

whiterabbit

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 07, 2017, 05:28:53 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 06, 2017, 09:09:51 PM
John Denver is now officially part of the Alien cannon.  :)

*canon

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 07, 2017, 11:13:36 AM

:laugh:

Or insert: *crickets chirping sound effect* after "anybody wanna say something"? Or how about a laugh track?

But yeah, I guess Branson wasn't well liked by the crew. A real party pooper.
He did seem like the "Kane" guy of the group. I'm also assuming Oram is Ripley's father since he obviously gives birth to the alien.

cliffhanger

my take

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 06, 2017, 09:19:34 AM

1. Incubation - obviously, awakening david
2. The Covenant - introduction to the ship and it's mission
3. Neutrino Burst - either the reason for cap's death, but i'm rather expecting a neutrino burst is the communication signal (distress signal)
4. A Cabin On The Lake - the crew deciding they're into that paradisic planet after the signal included a map and they will investigate
5. Sails - obviously the covenant sails out to the new coordinates
6. Planet 4 / Main Theme - arriving at paradise ( i am profoundly interested in why it's called 'planet 4' )
7. Launcher Landing - obviously the dropship setting a course for the planet
8. Wheat Field - the scene from the trailer regarding the wheat fields
9. Spores - the scene from the trailer in getting ear-spored and somebody nose-spored
10. The Med Bay - somebody's sick and gets his back bursted with all mayhem included
11. Grass Attack - the scene in the dark where the crew gets attacked by vicious neomorphs
12. Dead Civilization - David appears and takes some survivors to his lair walking through the burnt corpses of the indigenous people
13. Survivors - the surviving crewmembers, or shaw and some living engineers that are david's victims
14. Payload Deployment - a flashback to what david did to the planet
15. Command Override - david eliminates walter from the equasion and decides to take control over the 'excursion'
16. Face Hugger - disguised as walter leads billy crudup to the eggs, and he gets facehugged
17. Chest Burster - we get treated to more mayhem and stuff going on, whilst also returning to the doom of billy crudup
18. Lonely Perfection - david witnessing his work, or atleast his analyzing, in witnessing the 'perfect organism', and nobody is there to appreciate it
19. Cargo Lift - tennessee arriving to the planet to use a cargo lift to get daniels from the planet to safety
20. Bring It To My Turf - they discover there's a xeno aboard 'his' ship (tennessee), after a crewmember gets hammered in the showers
21. Terraforming Bay - an area (quite large) where daniels will face off a very dangerous threat in her spacesuit, which is in that bay
22. Alien Covenant Theme   - the end of the movie.

Ultramorph

Oooh, didn't even notice
Spoiler
'Payload Deployment.' Looks like David wiping out the Engineers will be in the movie.  ;D
[close]

SpeedyMaxx

Oh, what the hell, I'll give a few of these a shot - don't want to repeat the ones everyone else has obviously deduced, though.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 06, 2017, 09:19:34 AM
1. Incubation

The prologue with
Spoiler
David and Weyland. Instilling David with the ideas that will become his obsession with perfection, though I find that frankly a facile motivation.
[close]

Quote4. A Cabin On The Lake

Daniels remembers
Spoiler
her now-dead husband - perhaps they wanted a cabin on the lake.
[close]

Quote13. Survivors

David gives his version of his and Shaw's story to the Covenant crew.

Quote15. Command Override

The truth about Shaw - I have begun to suspect she did crash the ship, but who knows.

Quote18. Lonely Perfection

David reveals
Spoiler
his true motives and his grand design with the alien (still not a fan of him being behind this).
[close]

Quote19. Cargo Lift
20. Bring It To My Turf

Likely a line from Tennessee, choosing to use a cargo module or second lander to attempt to rescue Daniels and dispatch the alien.

Quote21. Terraforming Bay

Terraformist Daniels' home environment, where she faces the alien.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

I was thinking that the name Planet 4 may be one of these:

1) Possibly the 4th planet in that specific solar system??
2) The 4th planet that the engineer civilization has colonized??
3) The crew call it that as sort of like when someone discovers something that person names it??
4) Or via holo recording Shaw reveals it to be the planet name... as in LV-223 called by them to be planet 3???

GrimmVision

GrimmVision

I'm hoping that we'll be hearing some definite electronic, visceral vibes from the score, intertwined with classical composition. Terrific example of what I'd love to hear above. Strange, otherworldly sounds implying terror. Very much in line with Goldsmith's score.

Pvt. Himmel

I tell you that John Denver song really was genius.. You think its a commercial for retiring/vacation home and then they lower the book!!. :laugh:

Huggs

Terraforming Bay...Ok, wild theory. The Juggernaut in this movie is indeed the same one from the first film. The engineer's ability to Terraform was mentioned in a script for Prometheus. That's how shaw hooked weyland on the expedition. That incidents throughout history (the great flood) were the result of Engineer Terraforming. So Daniels (maybe knowing little about the alien's ability to withstand harsh environments) uses the technology to destroy the planet (or at least make it as unstable/hostile as possible) in an attempt to destroy all traces of david and his creations, and prevent any future human interest. Paradise then becomes Hell.

In the pray trailer, it appears the covenant is heading down towards the planet surface. That coupled with the earlier pics of daniels and a male companion seen on the surface standing back to back holding weapons, has me thinking they've escaped back up to the covenant, survived the on-board mayhem, then set down near the end of the movie, with Daniels planning to use either engineer technology, or overload some kind of terraforming tech on the covenant to destroy everything. As for the body in the original derelict, Maybe David planned to blast earth, but shaw's hologram show's how to over-ride the system to fire right there on paradise, but she disappeared or was killed mid-attempt. An infected Daniels enters the seat an initiates the sequence, before succumbing to the final and perfect form of David's Alien, i.e. the Chestburster.

The derelict then sits on the wind swept hill, paradise destroyed, the hole in the floor, the Alien queen laying her eggs. Waiting for something to come along. Who knows, maybe David survived long enough to activate the beacon. Maybe he found a way to get his creation to earth anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed