When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel?

Started by Daszkowski, Sep 17, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Author
When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel? (Read 72,181 times)

PierreVW

Quote from: SM on Oct 01, 2017, 11:55:02 PM
Star Wars has a story group who've mapped everything out.

How did the other films not have scripts or plans?  They all did.  Changing things as you go along happens on a lot of films.  Doesn't mean there isn't a plan.

Rian Johnson changed 80% of the original script of VIII. Said by him.

The original plan was Luke and Leia as the main leads. They were totally surprised by the huge amount of fans of Rey and especially Ben Solo(Adam Driver).

J.J. Abrams and Adam Driver said this too.

SM

Yeah, so?  There's still a plan in there.  Poe was supposed to die in TFA too.  Stuff changes as you go along.

PierreVW

Quote from: SM on Oct 02, 2017, 12:10:25 AM
Yeah, so?  There's still a plan in there.  Poe was supposed to die in TFA too.  Stuff changes as you go along.

They have a general plan. In that sense you are correct.

But they are changing a lot. 80% of their original plan.

Highland

Quote from: PierreVW on Oct 02, 2017, 12:12:20 AM
Quote from: SM on Oct 02, 2017, 12:10:25 AM

They have a general plan. In that sense you are correct.

But they are changing a lot. 80% of their original plan.

Yeah that's more what I was getting at. A general plan is still a general plan. Vader turns good again, Luke balances the force etc.

I really don't think they sat down 10 years ago and said - Right, David makes the Alien...

SM

Indeed.

question11

hand the reins over to luke, bro. yer finished.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Oct 02, 2017, 12:05:23 AM
I think Ridley had an idea where he wanted it to go (rather than having a plan fully mapped out) and probably shared this with various writers.  However, Fox was also trying to cater to a section of the audience who wanted the Aliens back, and thought they could have the best of both worlds.

I believe Ridley said something about having a road map planned out so he obviously has some idea of where he wants it to go. But then they apparently also discussed sequels while Prometheus was filming and we all know how that changed. I wouldn't be surprised to find that Covenant also faces similar rethinking, especially in light of the "when he finds the right story" comment from Snider.   

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: SM on Sep 21, 2017, 09:35:06 PM
A chestbursted android?

Could explain why the Aliens Became more Bio-mechanical? Didn't Ridley say though the Alien was intentionally not supposed to look Biomechanic in Covenant?

Quote from: SM on Sep 22, 2017, 12:05:34 AM
QuoteAn android is more likely to survive a chestburst and send a message.

Facehuggers don't go after robots.

Again... If David is the dude who made the Aliens Bio-mechanical later on.. And He Already made the first batch of Alien Eggs without a Queen or Xenomorhph Present. And the dude loves playing God.. Who's to say he doesn't "Engineer" a Specific Face-Hugger to go after Robot(s) Such as himself? Or intentionally impregnates himself to be the "God" of the newer Generation of Bio-mechanical Xenomorphs?

Covenant pretty much told us that David is the one who started the whole Egg thing. So the Eggs in the Derelict at this point are a product of David's invention. Without a Queen or Drone Present for Egg Morphing.. And we have a Mini-XenoMorpth that can grow and dance into a full Alien within Minutes it seems..

But we'll see how they Handle with "Crossing of the Bridge" To Alien. Because we still have a Space Jockey? In the Derelict with a Cargo full of Eggs. And a Science Officer who was Replaced by Ash Two days before Nostromo left Thedus.. How the Prequels connect to Alien is still wideeeeee open plot wise.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

"Facehuggers don't go after robots."

I've always been curious why xenos consider synthetic biology off the menu? I prefer real hamburger, but I would eat a tofu burger if I was hungry enough.

Not a fitting analogy I suppose to what seems a rhetorical question considering no cinema source explaining why xenos turn their nose up to a synthetic food/host source.

Predaker

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Oct 02, 2017, 06:16:36 PM
... considering no cinema source explaining why xenos turn their nose up to a synthetic food/host source.

For the same reason they don't use other inanimate objects, I imagine. Jonesy was spared as well.

SM

Next we'll see one humping a toaster...

QuoteAgain... If David is the dude who made the Aliens Bio-mechanical later on.. And He Already made the first batch of Alien Eggs without a Queen or Xenomorhph Present. And the dude loves playing God.. Who's to say he doesn't "Engineer" a Specific Face-Hugger to go after Robot(s) Such as himself? Or intentionally impregnates himself to be the "God" of the newer Generation of Bio-mechanical Xenomorphs?

So why didn't he do it already?  He could survive the chestbursting and repair himself ad nauseum without ever waiting for human hosts.

Mr. Xenomorph

I have a gut feeling that we'll hear about it soon. And I also think that they'll tie this next one into the back end of Alien, because A) it will be the 40th anniversary of the first one and will have the original director. Marketing departments love stuff like that, because it's so easy to promote. And B) they're probably re-releasing the original in 2019, because, again, the 40th anniversary. So it will all tie together. I doubt they'll pass up that kind of promotion.

Predaker

Quote from: Mr. Xenomorph on Oct 02, 2017, 09:53:11 PM
I have a gut feeling that we'll hear about it soon. And I also think that they'll tie this next one into the back end of Alien, because A) it will be the 40th anniversary of the first one and will have the original director. Marketing departments love stuff like that, because it's so easy to promote. And B) they're probably re-releasing the original in 2019, because, again, the 40th anniversary. So it will all tie together. I doubt they'll pass up that kind of promotion.

...and Ridley will tell us the new film is going to "scare the living shit out of you."

Highland

Face hugged robots bust up too many established rules. I'm still unsure if Ridley is deliberately swerving the biomechanics because of preference or plot.

The Covenant xeno isn't different enough for me for it to be plot.

Predaker

Quote from: Highland on Oct 03, 2017, 12:11:24 AM
Face hugged robots bust up too many established rules. I'm still unsure if Ridley is deliberately swerving the biomechanics because of preference or plot.

The Covenant xeno isn't different enough for me for it to be plot.

Based on statements from the filmmakers about the Alien being out of anyone's control, engineers discovering a decimated homeworld, and deliberately toning down the biomechanical aesthetic because they're working towards it in the next installment, I'd guess the idea was to bring back engineers suited up as they were in Prometheus for the final touches to the Alien. It won't be David's doing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed