Which three Alien films would you rather watch in one sitting?

Started by Frosty Venom, Sep 30, 2018, 07:21:54 AM

Which trio of films is better?

Prometheus, Alien Covenant and Alien
44 (52.4%)
Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection
40 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author
Which three Alien films would you rather watch in one sitting? (Read 20,280 times)

CristianoRonaldo7

I voted ALIEN, PROMETHEUS and COVENANT.

PROMETHEUS and ALIEN: COVENANT are The Most Underrated movies of All Time.

The Old One

The Old One

Underrated indeed.

Unfortunate that because of the scripts, the reach exceeded the grasp.

CristianoRonaldo7

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 30, 2018, 11:38:58 PM
Underrated indeed.

Unfortunate that because of the scripts, the reach exceeded the grasp.

You could said the same about most of the Ridley Scott movies. But I don't care. His Visual Imagination is second to none. He has the best eye in the business.

The Old One

The Old One

He does indeed, I wish he acquired a script worthy of it.

One last time.

CristianoRonaldo7

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 30, 2018, 11:51:30 PM

One last time.

Well, The Martian was great. I hope he directs Battle of Britain. I love World War II movies.

Russ840

Russ840

I personally would never watch any of those combinations.

I only watch the films in these..... groups, if you will

Prometheus & Alien Covenant

Alien, Aliens & Alien 3

Alien Resurrection.

The reason I will only watch them this way is because the original three movie are one complete story.

The two prequels are one story, albeit incomplete.

Resurrection is like it own thing in my eyes. An Alien comic book movie.

Watching them in any other way, for me, does not work. They don't compliment each other any other way.

The Old One

The Old One

Spectacular: how one letter can change so much.

whiterabbit

I vote for another direction, have Prometheus and Covenant flying off to the far right of alien. Actually the best ending would have been a shot of the covenant traveling through the night sky of some distant planetoid and then pan down to a shot of the Derelict and Calpamos rising in the sky. I mean a total mindf**k.

Corporal Hicks

Why is the OG trilogy not an option here?!

Huntsman

Quote from: CristianoRonaldo7 on Sep 30, 2018, 11:24:33 PM
I voted ALIEN, PROMETHEUS and COVENANT.

PROMETHEUS and ALIEN: COVENANT are The Most Underrated movies of All Time.
Good to see someone acknowledge that. Underrated indeed.

Russ

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 30, 2018, 11:51:30 PM

One last time.

I was listening to the Covenant commentary yesterday. From what I can gather from this (and the special features of the Prometheus set that has everything on it) I think he's really "hands on" when it comes to the script writer. He said that he always "develops" his projects these days (save the Martian in recent times which just loved the script for).

In other words, lot of "blame" can be laid at Scott's feet. I think the writer is really interpreting what Scott ultimately wants (I could be wrong in that, but that's the impression I get).

He kicks off the commentary by saying that he just didn't understand why the "other three films" didn't ask the question who created the Alien and why (I sense he hates all these movies, he never acknowledges them).

I think the Alien being created by David is a shit idea and it offends my preconceptions, but more power to you if you think this is great - I get it. I hate that direction, but ... yeah - that's a creative choice. It's not great and I think it's subverting the 'verse (perhaps the intention?) cos we all "know" the Xeno is ancient and malignant and that the derelict has been fossilised for zillions of years. (not anymore!)

All that said, I'd watch Prometheus/Cov/Alien over the second choice because even if the David thing offends me, Resurrection rams a twelve gauge into the anus of my sensibilities and pulls the trigger.

Frosty Venom

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 01, 2018, 10:00:31 AM
Why is the OG trilogy not an option here?!

Because thats the easy answer >: )

Jutland

Blimey, this is an odd thread.

Can I choose my own three please?

Alien, Alien 3, Covenant

because they're the three that I find scariest, and at the end of the day, I want to be scared. The others have their own qualities, but they're not scary

The Cruentus

Second option, if only because 2/3 of the first option made an even more mess of the mythology than Resurrection did and at least the latter does have genetic crossing excuse even if its over the top.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed