Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 145,830 times)

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Quote from: SM on Mar 05, 2012, 03:25:06 AM
That's really not too far outside the realm of anything we know of, because a pH of zero would be Battery acid, right? pH is just the indicator of the amount of concentration of hydrogen ions. I admit, I don't completely understand the base-acid scale that well, but seems to me that if Peter Weyland is talking about how FAR we've come in just the past thousand years and all the subsequent advances in the past 20-30 years... we'd have armor that could deflect God.

SM

SM

i can haz God deflecting armourz plz?

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Quote from: SM on Mar 05, 2012, 03:30:26 AM
i can haz God deflecting armourz plz?

Oh! Dude! Too soon!

SM

SM

Too tsunami...

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Quote from: SM on Mar 05, 2012, 03:38:49 AM
Too tsunami...
Dahhhh!!!! I'm telling the society of people for sensitivity for the Japanese.(SPFSJ)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: SM on Mar 05, 2012, 03:38:49 AM
Too tsunami...
QuoteDahhhh!!!! I'm telling the society of people for sensitivity for the Japanese.(SPFSJ)
Disgusting.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Gunflyer on Mar 05, 2012, 03:28:05 AM
That's really not too far outside the realm of anything we know of, because a pH of zero would be Battery acid, right? pH is just the indicator of the amount of concentration of hydrogen ions. I admit, I don't completely understand the base-acid scale that well, but seems to me that if Peter Weyland is talking about how FAR we've come in just the past thousand years and all the subsequent advances in the past 20-30 years... we'd have armor that could deflect God.

Fluoroantimonic acid has a PH of around -25 and can be resisted by Teflon.

-Chris

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 05, 2012, 04:31:18 AM
Quote from: Gunflyer on Mar 05, 2012, 03:28:05 AM

Fluoroantimonic acid has a PH of around -25 and can be resisted by Teflon.

-Chris
Interesting...

Peakius Baragonius

Aliens is an utter thrill ride and one of the best movies ever made, so well-liked and well-remembered because it's more than just a dumb Michael Bay-style action film. The film takes Ripley and transforms her into one of the best, well-rounded, and most memorable action heroines of all time, and her emotional course through the film and her relationship with Newt is awesomely done, providing a far better character arc than any of Bay's films or her redundant course in Alien Cubed. The thing is directed with such pace and shot so well that it creates more than a film, but an experience. The power-loader vs. Queen fight definitely takes a step in the "WTF" direction, but by then the movie has already cast its dice into the "larger than life" category, and so the fight is utterly kick-**s, and one of the rousing, true great climaxes in movie history. And this is how the film will be remembered. I respect your opinion, Alien Cubed fans, but just as I must accept that AVP1 is hated and despised by many, so too should you consider that Aliens will be remembered as the above description for centuries to come. And no, I'm not forcing my opinion on you or any of that authoritarian BS, I'm just saying. Feel free to choose to deny Aliens' success, if it pleases you and makes you happy, and I'm serious. 

Wait, was this a thread about the TEDTalk thing, or another Aliens vs. Alien Cubed bashing thread? I don't remember.

SM

SM

It'd just got back on track to the former...

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: SM on Mar 05, 2012, 05:35:30 AM
It'd just got back on track to the former...

Darn, late again! Please continue with anti-acid armor and stuffs.

escroto

escroto

People should remember when Cameron was asked If he had watched the recent starship troopers film (when It was released in 1997), and the interviewer was replied with this:

"What did they do this film?, I already did It in 1986"

Now think on the aliens being so weak and retarded;  why the queen, the hive stuff, the bug-like arach..., I mean alien warriors; why the marines, the dropships, the pulse rifles, etc. Aliens was a wonderful sequel, but Alien was the original masterpiece, and imho It was much better and overall interesting movie than Its sequel, as It usually happens If you ask me btw. Don't get me wrong, but I won't shed one tear If "Aliens" ends up being discarded eventually too; quite the opposite, I would be happy to witness that.

I want the malevolent biomechanical form of whoever the unlucky host is (this time) back. No more starship troopers with arach..., I mean alien warriors, though I'm expecting the first form of alien, the original creature I mean being in Prometheus this time, and I think they will be some sort of huge serpents before they gain their biomechanical body thanks to the fusion with one of those engineers.

szkoki

szkoki

I am confused. Is it Charles Weyland or Peter Weyland? Is it the same person or they somehow related?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Let's keep on topic (that is - Peter Weyland and the viral video). You can discuss Aliens or what you want for Prometheus in their relevant threads.
Aliens: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=42292.msg1297831#new
Prometheus: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=42345.msg1298101;topicseen#msg1298101

Quote from: szkoki on Mar 05, 2012, 11:07:34 AM
I am confused. Is it Charles Weyland or Peter Weyland? Is it the same person or they somehow related?
Peter Weyland in Prometheus, a different character Charles in AVP. Peter has supplanted Charles, writing him out of canon. Or, if you prefer, Charles is somehow related to Peter in an unspecified way that the filmmakers of Prometheus didn't think was important enough to reveal (maybe was was ignored for a reason...)

Hudson

Hudson

So...is the full name of the guy in Alien 3 Michael Bishop Weyland?  :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed