What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 281,795 times)

Wysps

Wysps

A book about how to overcome analysis paralysis (or choice paralysis, as I refer to it).  I knew I needed it when I debated for a solid 10 minutes on whether I needed it or not  :(

Wweyland

Wweyland

Reading Alien 3 by Pat Cadigan, quite good actually.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Reading the T2 Novelization. Includes some nice stuff that was deleted from the movie.

Stitch

Stitch

Finished The Institute by Stephen King. Really good book. It's very much his oeuvre, and Constant Readers will enjoy it.

Currently on Shadowplay by Joseph O'Connor. Fictionalised story about Bram Stoker and his life while writing Dracula. Pretty good so far.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wweyland on Oct 26, 2021, 12:53:38 PM
Reading the T2 Novelization. Includes some nice stuff that was deleted from the movie.

I read that along time ago. Was okay I think.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Gods of Mars

Barsoom is like a nesting doll, the cannibalism has layers. :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

The More of Less

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The Joys of Hoarding

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Those Across the River by Christopher Buehlman (4/5)

This book caught me completely by surprise with how much I enjoyed it! I'm also happy I didn't have any spoilers read or told to me about this prior to reading because I think that would've taken the wtf is going on aspect completely away from fully enjoying it.

The book has it all, southern charm, rituals, weird characters, moonshine, war trauma...and one very real and crazy ....well, I best not say. But I'd highly recommend it.

I picked this up after reading the authors other two book of The Lesser Dead and one of my favorites, Between Two Fires. I'm not disappointed and will continue to read anything else he puts forward!

Wweyland

Wweyland

Reading The Adventures of Lando Calrissian. I love classic Star Wars.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Dmitry Glukhovsky's (Metro series, Futu.re) newest post-apocalyptic Outpost.

Stitch

Stitch

Actual reading is currently on hold for NaNoWriMo.

Lots of driving so if audiobooks count I've finished Dark Country by Dennis Etchison, Fantasticland by Mike Bockoven, and have started Ghost Stories volume 2 by M R James.

Fantasticland I recommend. Very much like a modern lord of the flies.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant (3/5)
A book about killer mermaids/sirens? Sure...why not?

I had a love hate relationship with this book. It would draw me in and just as quickly push me away.

Loved how Grant gets into the details of aquatic life and the science. But the dialogue and characters did absolutely squat for me which is pretty important in a book.

The Blacktongue Thief by Christopher Buehlman (4/5)

Once again Buehlman delivers a funny , violent, magical and imaginative experience with his newest book.

I still don't like books about magic and fantasy and mages and blah blah...but this is the second book where these things are apart of the story and I'm starting to see that when it's done seriously and somewhat "real", I can somewhat get my head into this dark world where magic is a side character, not the main force.

Only reason I didn't give this a 5/5 would be because the last 100 pages felt rushed, like the author realized he only had a few pages left to wrap things up.

Side note; he also wrote another book I read earlier in the year called Between Two Fires which is definitely my number one book of the year, check it out!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed