Alien: Isolation in OXM UK, New Images Revealed

Started by ikarop, Jan 28, 2014, 01:01:57 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation in OXM UK, New Images Revealed (Read 8,456 times)

ikarop

The February issue of Official Xbox Magazine UK is featuring a 10-page article on Alien: Isolation. The feature includes an interview with Creative Assembly as well as several new images from the game. You can click on the image below to check it out and view the new screenshots in high resolution:

news Alien: Covenant: One Year Later - AvP Galaxy Podcast #68

On related news, Eurogamer has announced today that Alien: Isolation will be playable at EGX Rezzed UK. The event takes place at the NEC in Birmingham from 28th to 30th March. Tickets are on sale now here.

Image Gallery (HQ):

Hacking Device
Damaged Android
Damaged Android

Seegson

Seegson

I really hope the "hack minigame" to be more complex in the final product. Come on! match the symbol? wtf!

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Interesting that the synthetic happens to be featureless like mannequin without hair. I wonder why that is.

Quote from: Seegson on Jan 28, 2014, 05:28:16 PM
I really hope the "hack minigame" to be more complex in the final product. Come on! match the symbol? wtf!
I doubt that is considered a mini game. its more like a flick the switch motif. If they were numbers, it wouldnt be much of a challenge now would it? So my guess is is that it's a minor switching or lock mechanism not a brain twister.(lol) why in the world would anyone make such a device to open something that trivial?

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jan 28, 2014, 06:30:11 PM
Interesting that the synthetic happens to be featureless like mannequin without hair. I wonder why that is.

They are probably just around for maintenance tasks on the station or something.  No need to waste face and hair assets when for a bunch of engineers and such (one user here referred to these guys as "working joes" - I don't know if that's an official term they're using in the game but he did say this before these images were even released).  Though this reason also begs the question why make them look human at all, when you could have them have all sorts of tools for arms, etc. 

Another possible reason is that Seegson Corporation still cannot reach the lifelike quality of the synthetics of Hyperdyne Systems, so theirs just come off as mannequin-like.

Those androids totally have the same, communist "Mao" uniform that David wore in the beginning of Prometheus.

Seegson

Seegson makes them that way, "cheep"

Layorz

Quote from: Seegson on Jan 28, 2014, 05:28:16 PM
Is a 'minigame' that you probably had no idea about before seeing that picture really worth complaining about? "This totally irrelevant feature added for no reason but to be a little extra tidbit isn't good enough!":-\

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Yup, my theory about the working joes are confirmed.

9th_Stew

Imagine those Droids walking around in the dark after you  - very Dr Who

p1nk81cd

The Alien looks brilliant, compared to ACM's fail-fest creature designs.  :)

LastSurvivor92

These images are very cool and creepy...the dead really synthetic looking android is creepy and I love the fact that they went back to the old style tracker.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed