Prometheus Deleted Scenes Images

Started by ikarop, Sep 18, 2012, 05:52:04 AM

Author
Prometheus Deleted Scenes Images (Read 85,336 times)

SM

SM

Who's the "original engineer"?  The dude that dissolves at the start?

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: SM on Sep 19, 2012, 06:22:35 AM
Who's the "original engineer"?  The dude that dissolves at the start?

No, I mean the engineer from the first Alien.  You must have heard this theory (or call it a rumor if you will) that Shaw turns out to be the original Engineer of the first film.  Daft as it sounds, the idea was doing the rounds for a while because of the way Prometheus ends  :)

SM

SM

Oh, the Space Jockey.

Haven't heard the rumour until now.  And since I'm sure I read something from Riddles saying that sequels would move further away from Alien, I don't see that they have to or need to connect to Alien.  One of the questions Riddles was interested in was 'where did the Jockey come from?'.  If Shaw finds out in a Prometheus sequel - question answered.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: SM on Sep 19, 2012, 06:33:40 AM
Oh, the Space Jockey.

Haven't heard the rumour until now.  And since I'm sure I read something from Riddles saying that sequels would move further away from Alien, I don't see that they have to or need to connect to Alien.  One of the questions Riddles was interested in was 'where did the Jockey come from?'.  If Shaw finds out in a Prometheus sequel - question answered.

yeah, that's what I'm saying, the Alien question only needs answering in so far as where did it come from, we assume the answer came at the end of Prometheus even though there may be more to it than that, which is why I dont think there will be a Prometheus connecting to Alien, 2 films before we get there (as stated by Scott), but more than likely happening somewhere else.

oh yh, sorry... space Jockey = Engineer ....I think they will remain one and the same but we'll see

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Don't like the Engineer talking, I think it's better if he's silent.

I'm still of the opinion that the Engineer and the Space Jockey in 'Alien' are actually completely different races - while the Engineers made us, perhaps the Space Jockeys made them, but not in their own image, and the Engineers are merely mimicking their creators' technology while creating in their own image.

This is making me want to wait for an "extended cut" blu-ray.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I love the engineers voice. It definitely sounds godlike. It also sounds somewhat similar to the derelict transmission I think. Out of all of them I think the Janek/Vickers conversation tied things up better, if not a little too hold your hand. That the Engineers created something that they should not have and it got out.

Also the timing of this is pretty hilarious. Romney recently got flack for talking about how he saw a huge fence around a Chinese factory that Bane Capital was thinking of purchasing. He then laughed it off when he explained the man on the scene said that the fence was to keep people out. Because so many people wanted to work. Yea I know this is not the forum but I think it's damn scary how both fences were to probably keep people form leaving.

Nightmare Asylum

So, anyone have a link to a site where I can just watch the deleted scenes without downloading them? Or do they have to be downloaded?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Check your inbox.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Can I check mine as well?

Nightmare Asylum

Take a look :)

KiramidHead

I can't be the only one who thought of something much dirtier when they saw that a scene was titled "Janek Fills Vickers in." ;)

Seriously, though, that scene was pretty good. You could cut his scene with Shaw, ;eave this in, and the point still gets across.

The fight with the Engineer was pretty good as well. It's not like Shaw seriously kicked his a** or anything. She just got in a few good blows.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 19, 2012, 03:34:12 PM
Seriously, though, that scene was pretty good. You could cut his scene with Shaw, ;eave this in, and the point still gets across.
That's because his scene with Shaw was likely a crappy reshoot designed to replace this superior scene when they cut it.

nieves50

nieves50

Seems this got lost couple of pages back.....

Are these scenes IN the itunes movie or just "extras"?......If they are "extras", I'll refrain from watching them until they are added to the movie either on BRay or extended cut...

Looks like the general consensus is that these scenes should have been in the movie...I was dissapointed watching it the first time, felt the film got chopped to pieces and rushed to the masses...Not trying to start the never ending debate. Just my PERSONAL opinion and nothing else.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: nieves50 on Sep 19, 2012, 04:37:16 PM
Are these scenes IN the itunes movie or just "extras"?......If they are "extras", I'll refrain from watching them until they are added to the movie either on BRay or extended cut...
They are not in the movie. They are extras.

They will not be added to the movie on the Blu-ray, either.

nieves50

nieves50

Well that is a total dissapointment.... >:(

Thanks for the quick response!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed