Alien: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 27, 2016, 11:07:57 AM

Author
Alien: Life and Death (Read 26,878 times)

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Nostromo on Nov 14, 2016, 06:36:22 PM
You forgot this spoiler too lol.

Spoiler
Braaaat braaaaaaap pow pow boooom
[close]

LOL! I love those sound effects in the comic panels.  :laugh:

Spoiler
BRRrrRRrrRrrrRAAAaAAAaaAaaAaaaaAAAAAaaaaAAAAAAaaaaapppPPPP!!!!
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Nov 14, 2016, 05:11:16 PM
Rock Shock Pop has a positive review of #3. Beware of spoilers.
http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?6370-Aliens-Life-And-Death-3
Spoiler
Good to see that they are going the "black goo is destroying the hive" route.
[close]

...What?

Spoiler
So much for the black goo being some sort of template to create Alien-like creatures.
[close]

I really hope Ridley and co have some sort of roadmap.

SM

SM

Spoiler
Why would the goo not affect them?
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Spoiler
Why would it if it purpose seems to be to creates some sort of Alien-like creature?
[close]

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 15, 2016, 08:19:58 AM
Spoiler
Why would it if it purpose seems to be to creates some sort of Alien-like creature?
[close]

Spoiler
Black Goo giveth and Black Goo taketh away.  :P
[close]

SM

SM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
"seems" and "Alien-like".

These Aliens were spawned from LV-426, so a) who knows how far removed genetically and b) Aliens are an amalgam of Alien and human, so the human aspect is open to being affected.  And c) who knows if Aliens are affected or not.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Valid points but it just reinforces why I hope they have some sort of roadmap for where they're going and actually know what they want from it. Don't want different people trying to use it for everything. It's just so much of a magic plot device at the minute.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Hulking Reviewer also has a positive, 9/10 review of #3.
http://hulkingreviewer.com/home/reviews/aliens-life-or-death-3/

Nostromo

Nostromo

Spoiler
pow chicka wow wow
[close]

Kurai

Kurai

Quote from: SM on Nov 15, 2016, 10:11:26 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
"seems" and "Alien-like".

These Aliens were spawned from LV-426, so a) who knows how far removed genetically and b) Aliens are an amalgam of Alien and human, so the human aspect is open to being affected.  And c) who knows if Aliens are affected or not.
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah. this was my thought as well. Even if the Aliens were created by using the Black Goo, an idea I totally hate, there's obviously going to be some genetic drift over the time based on the hosts of each generation leading to the Lv426 brood. I mean, just going by the leaked image of Covenant's eggs, the Aliens on Paradise are probably removed genetically by at least a bit.

A mutagen doesn't stop being mutagenic just because it mutated something or created something.

What I'd really like is if the Black Goo was created by the Engineers, using the Aliens biology, rather than the Aliens being made by certain others using the Black Goo.
[close]

Prez

Prez

Finally!

Really enjoyed that issue. This series has really picked up since issue 2 - was worried after issue 1 TBH.

I really like where this is going now (kinda touched on something I've personally experienced too - in a more human way mind).

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I just read the third issue, and it was pretty decent. Something about it just didn't excite me, though. Can't really put my finger on it.
Spoiler
I think maybe the art failed the big reveal of the stillborn xenos. That scene would have really benefitted from Juan Ferreyra or Tristan Jones art.

That being said, I'm interested, based on the AVP solicitations, to see how the whole "trying to keep the newborn queen away from the hive" angle plays out. I'm really hoping the Omega issue ends this arc with a bang. I feel like maybe when we get the inevitable sequel to Life and Death, there will be more for the writers to play with, given that Covenant will be out by then.
[close]

cyperon

cyperon

Just got the latest issue and it was actually my favorite so far. I felt more engaged than with any of the other issues, probably of the whole Life and Death series so far. I'm interested in seeing where this new concern for the xenos goes. I always love seeing new mutations in the comics, and I'm hoping something like that comes about. It would be interesting if:
Spoiler
Chris births a new Queen mutation that will begin to make her mark on the brood through the up and coming AVP series
[close]

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

That would be pretty cool. Back when GWW interviewed Abnett he said there's one thing he was particularly proud of. I assume it hasn't happened yet, so I'm eager to see what comes ahead, especially in Omega.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Bleeding Cool has a preview of #4, and this one does contain a big spoiler, so be careful.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/08/exclusive-sneak-peek-aliens-life-death-4/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
Spoiler
It looks like the unexpected showdown teased on the solicitation will be the queen fighting the Engineer with the Marines. I want to see how that fight plays out, even if it's sure to remind us of the Queen teaming up with Delacroix and Big Mama in DotS.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed