Work on the Sequels Stopped?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 18, 2017, 11:49:17 AM

Author
Work on the Sequels Stopped? (Read 145,887 times)

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Aug 04, 2017, 03:36:45 PM
There's no point in trying to apply actual science for a stupid decision they made to move the plot forward
^ this.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

You just said that coz I said a reasonable thing and you can't refute it ;)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

if you say so, but the way we've seen the goo act in Prometheus kind of contradicts your theory anyway. Granted it isn't the exact same species.

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Aug 04, 2017, 06:22:44 PM
Lot of stuff said in this thread is reasonable, but the gymnastics people like you are doing to smooth over all this stuff that doesn't fit is ridiculous. You've put more energy into it than Ridley himself. In fact, I'll go you one further: Ridley doesn't give a rat's ass about any of it.

Alien is a movie he made a long time ago. What he's doing now is other stuff, but he's abusing Alien's reputation to do it. And he surely had the studio telling him, "Put the alien in that." So he did, but he did it in this half-assed way that mangles the pacing and story flow of his movies while reducing the creature to nothing noteworthy, a bug to squash.

Some of you people are eating it up, yum yum. Ridley's laughing 'cause all he cares about is big bald white folk who may or may not have made us and androids with ai imperatives that resemble skynet's programming. Some of you think that's great. Maybe it is. As I said earlier, David making the Alien is not a continuity issue. It does change the whole story.

If the movies were actually better movies, it might be fine. But the movies we're getting are just not that great. They have serious problems with flow, pacing, story presentation, character development, internal logic, and so on. The energy you and other people here spend to resolve the problems with these deeply flawed movies is remarkable. This overgrown thread is a testament to all that.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Aug 04, 2017, 07:14:24 PM
Quote from: Salt The Fries on Aug 04, 2017, 06:22:44 PM
Lot of stuff said in this thread is reasonable, but the gymnastics people like you are doing to smooth over all this stuff that doesn't fit is ridiculous. You've put more energy into it than Ridley himself. In fact, I'll go you one further: Ridley doesn't give a rat's ass about any of it.

Alien is a movie he made a long time ago. What he's doing now is other stuff, but he's abusing Alien's reputation to do it. And he surely had the studio telling him, "Put the alien in that." So he did, but he did it in this half-assed way that mangles the pacing and story flow of his movies while reducing the creature to nothing noteworthy, a bug to squash.

Some of you people are eating it up, yum yum. Ridley's laughing 'cause all he cares about is big bald white folk who may or may not have made us and androids with ai imperatives that resemble skynet's programming. Some of you think that's great. Maybe it is. As I said earlier, David making the Alien is not a continuity issue. It does change the whole story.

If the movies were actually better movies, it might be fine. But the movies we're getting are just not that great. They have serious problems with flow, pacing, story presentation, character development, internal logic, and so on. The energy you and other people here spend to resolve the problems with these deeply flawed movies is remarkable. This overgrown thread is a testament to all that.

I dunno about all that, I just like the movie. I don't see why people like you have such a hard time accepting that.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I think it has less to do with knowing some people like it and more to do with the fact that it has some glaring flaws

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Aug 04, 2017, 08:25:37 PM
I think it has less to do with knowing some people like it and more to do with the fact that it has some glaring flaws

That again though is just down to the eye of the beholder. I think it has a few minor flaws but think the good far outweighs them and don't believe it has any glaring ones.

To be told this is just because I'm 'eating it up, yum yum, is incredibly insulting, ignorant and arrogant.

SM

SM

And sadly predictable.

Some people are incapable or liking or not liking it, without slagging off the opposing view.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Aug 04, 2017, 08:33:39 PM
To be told this is just because I'm 'eating it up, yum yum, is incredibly insulting, ignorant and arrogant.

Agreed. Of course we know there are flaws (hell, I had to ask my son where the 2nd alien came from, because I didn't recognize the victim). But it's the film we've got, and some of us are trying to 'make lemonade' with it. What's wrong with that?

Gash

Gash

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Aug 04, 2017, 06:17:27 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Aug 04, 2017, 03:36:45 PM
There's no point in trying to apply actual science for a stupid decision they made to move the plot forward
^ this.

Not that.

SM

SM

Considering there is no "actual science"...

Gash

Gash

Quote from: The Cruentus on Aug 04, 2017, 11:35:57 AM

Since you seem to like using sexual metaphor stuff regarding the facehugger, the reason why it wouldn't just implant immediately upon forcing its ovipositor into someone's throat would then be same as why men don't immediately ejaculate when only just engaging in intercourse.  :P

Well, if you can't see the obvious - that the facehugger is a sexual metaphor in itself - there's not much point in starting alien education 101 on you is there?

And, jeez, the reason (most) men don't ejaculate when only just engaging in intercourse is because it's a pleasurable act that is going to be more pleasurable if it's not over and done with in ten seconds. But that's not true in the animal kingdom where procreation is the aim and sex does only last seconds. It is therefore perfectly in keeping with nature and no stretch to believe at all.

But of course, whilst Dallas was listening to Mozart in the shuttle Ash was playing Barry White in the infirmary.

SM

SM

;D

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Gash on Aug 04, 2017, 10:19:36 PM
But of course, whilst Dallas was listening to Mozart in the shuttle Ash was playing Barry White in the infirmary.

:D

Highland

Highland

There are some epic mental gymnastics going on though. If Ridley Scott decides that the Biomechanical elements of the Alien happen because the Alien goo accidentally spilled onto a floppy disk, there would 100% be a 27 page thread with a lot of fans saying "What the hell man?" whilst there will be a core group of about 15 people saying "Makes perfect sense, I don't see the issue, here's the life cycle of some floppy discs I found back in my dads office"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed