New Alien: Covenant Set Photos Reveal Extraterrestrial Massacre!

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 20, 2016, 08:45:04 AM

Author
New Alien: Covenant Set Photos Reveal Extraterrestrial Massacre! (Read 53,161 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: windebieste on May 21, 2016, 03:35:41 AM
I think those trees will be towering over everything around them by the time we see them onscreen.  They're  partially built set pieces for actors to immediately be part of.  I doubt we'll be seeing tree stumps in the movie, no matter how large. 

Besides, there's scaffolding framework in the top of the image that suspiciously looks like it's supposed to support green screens.  This scene will be digitally transformed by the time we see the final version.   That, and all the registration markers place on the ground means this scene is a long way from completion

-Windebieste.

They did the same with Lothlorien in Lord of the Rings. Only built the bottom of the trees, the rest was CGI.

But those trees would probably preclude it being a flashback scene to the past. At least in the ancient Mediterranean area. Don't really get trees of that scale outside of tropical and temperate rain-forests.

Perfect-Organism

Well it is an alien planet

PVTDukeMorrison

Those shots of the charred bodies is some real biblical shit, here's hoping for some more creepy imagery

whiterabbit

We're going to see Jesus nailed to the cross and by Jesus I mean the Alien with a capital A. Yea we're going to find out that the Alien is our savior and the whole time Ripley was murdering our future. Probably because Ripley is part Engineer which would explain why she is 6 feet tall and full of manliness.

Oh did I just give away anything, oh my. :P

The Alien Predator

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 21, 2016, 10:01:09 PM
We're going to see Jesus nailed to the cross and by Jesus I mean the Alien with a capital A. Yea we're going to find out that the Alien is our savior and the whole time Ripley was murdering our future. Probably because Ripley is part Engineer which would explain why she is 6 feet tall and full of manliness.

Oh did I just give away anything, oh my. :P

Excuse me sir, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and saviour, the Xenomorph? Who burst out of our chests, taking with it all of our sins?

Oh god... stop it Whiterabbit, stop trying to turn this forum into the Church of Xenology!

Wait, screw it, everyone off to the cocoons we go... let's get f**king CLEANSED!

But seriously, I am super freaking excited! These pictures have hyped me up so much.

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

I liked the photos, since the first minute of the first Prometheus film this is the first time I'm genuinely feeling there's a mystery worth getting stuck into. Why? Because the scenes look so mysterious! Now just carve out these wonderful set pieces with the right mixture of lighting that you brought to Alien, and not that horrible bland lighting of Prometheus, and we could be talking art. Oh, and please please please don't don't don't have us, your audience, see these scenes in the movie through a stupid helmet cam with bio read outs. Pretty pretty please don't spoil it with helmet cams.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Oh come on man you know you want a cookie. Come join us over at the Church of God with a Capital A.

Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 21, 2016, 10:46:00 PM
Excuse me sir, do you have a moment to talk about our lord and saviour, the Xenomorph? Who burst out of our chests, taking with it all of our sins?
Wow, but what if that is why the Engineer are pissed at us? We broke with covenant?

PVTDukeMorrison

WHERE THE f**k DO I BUY ONE OF THOSE?

The Alien Predator

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 21, 2016, 11:14:04 PM
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/issv_alien_xenomorph_cookie_jar_inuse.jpg

Oh come on man you know you want a cookie. Come join us over at the Church of God with a Capital A.

Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 21, 2016, 10:46:00 PM
Wow, but what if that is why the Engineer are pissed at us? We broke with covenant?

So everyone who joins the Church or Xenology gets a free biomechanical cookie? f**kING CONVERTED! Where is my nearest church?

Indeed, we broke the covenant! But the Xenomorphs shall keep us safe!  ;D

LordCassusSnow

Wonder what Prometheus comics will be called now? Engineers perhaps? We'll probably get a true name for the race but still, the Predator isn't Yautja and Alien isn't Xenomorph. I wouldn't mind. Aliens v Predators v Engineers? Anyone?

XenoZipper

Can't say I'm digging what I see all that much. I think I'll stay away from future pictures & just wait for the movie to come out.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on May 22, 2016, 02:25:03 AMWe'll probably get a true name for the race but still, the Predator isn't Yautja and Alien isn't Xenomorph.

According to the current EU canon, yes they are.

Infected

Oh and i honestly hope its a three hour movie at least.
an hour and a half doesnt cut it for me.

Or he should make a tv show with a big budget and high quality.

My soul just needs a lot of this mystery and i think a two hour movie is just not enough to cover all the years that follow and we again get nothing year after year.

Ulfer

Ulfer

These pictures are cool. I want to believe that this next movie will be more satisfying than Prometheus, that fell short, alas, of its massive potential. I hope there will be less discrepancy between the alienness I wish to see in the movie and the more conventional part (the human characters, etc.). Let's say it, there is not a great deal of awe and mystery in the great movie sci-fi franchises nowadays ; it's what is at stake here, for me. If the film manages to be really impressive on that matter at least during a few scenes, it would be great. I wish the crew were bold enough to try to go past (at least a bit) the usual platitudes the studios think are necessary in a wide-audience movie (this kind of thing is what makes many blockbusters incredibly boring and disappointing)...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed