What David Says to the Engineer

Started by ikarop, Jun 20, 2012, 10:01:40 PM

Author
What David Says to the Engineer (Read 29,106 times)

Sharp Sticks

Bat Chain Puller

Absolutely Perfect.

acrediblesource

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 20, 2012, 10:04:14 PM
So he really did say what Weyland wanted him to. Interesting, I wonder if he expected the Engineers reaction? He did, after all, want "his father" dead, and that does seem like a statement that would get on the Engineers nerves.

This. Why do you think he want's his father to die? Seems contradictory to his mission.

whiterabbit

David is such a good little boy. He said exactly what daddy wanted him too. However if there was a longer conversation I could see how it went.

David: The women here wants to know where are you from? What's in your cargo? That killed your people? We made it here and was that shit meant for us?

Engineer: Eh what the.. oh shit everyone is dead?

David: Yes and the lady here needs to know why? Why do you hate humans?

Engineer.... oh shit if I don't cover up this mess up quick I am sooo going to be demoted to an even worst back water planet than this.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Obvious from the start that David said exactly what Weyland told him to say. Makes no sense to me why he wouldn't.

acrediblesource

Engineer: I was sleeping for 2000 thousand years???!!! I rip your head!

Mechafist

Mechafist

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 20, 2012, 11:25:50 PM
Obvious from the start that David said exactly what Weyland told him to say. Makes no sense to me why he wouldn't.
I agree and this is something.

The Engineer gave his life to create and Peter Weyland were up to do anything, even take the life from Shaw to live.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Mechafist on Jun 20, 2012, 11:32:33 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 20, 2012, 11:25:50 PM
I agree and this is something.

The Engineer gave his life to create and Peter Weyland were up to do anything, even take the life from Shaw to live.
It really goes back to Weyland accusing David of not being able to appreciate the gifts he gave him. Such as never growing old and dying. All because he doesn't have a human soul. Yet here is a frail old man not appreciating the gift of life it self given to him from the Engineer that sacrificed himself.

However, oh boy, did the engineer go overboard with the punishment. :P

ShadowPred

Mechafist

Mechafist

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 20, 2012, 11:45:41 PM
However, oh boy, did the engineer go overboard with the punishment. :P

Spoiler

[close]

Ruk

Ruk

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 20, 2012, 10:28:23 PM
I would have spoiler-tagged the line for those who didn't want the mystery spoiled, but it's still a really cool article. Thanks for sharing. :)

Also didn't the Engineer talk (briefly) in that scene, too? I wonder what he said.

He didn't talk, but he sort of smiled like to say - hey that's funny you would be asking for life, because guess what, I'm going to kill all of you!

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I think David did what he always did in the film - acted within parameters for his own whim and curiosity.  He is ordered by Weyland to "try harder" with their findings to produce results, and promptly, happily infects Holloway, who is an asshole to him, emblematic of how David seems to feel for most humans.  This fulfills his programming objectives.  So does what he says to the Engineer, word for word - but it's how he says it, and when he says it, that he suspects may have an adverse effect not in the humans' favor.

Or maybe he just meant to do as Weyland asked, and was happily surprised.  But judging by his prior conversation with Shaw, I doubt it.  The ambiguity of David in particular is one of the best things about the film and the franchise's future.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 20, 2012, 10:28:23 PM
Also didn't the Engineer talk (briefly) in that scene, too? I wonder what he said.

I don't recall anything vocal from the Engineer(s), other than some grunts in the opening.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

"I want more life... Father..."

(ack, didn't see the clip above on the comments page)

Qwertify

Qwertify

What is interesting here is that the Twitter Girl had said before that the Engineer did bond with David - so I guess she may have seen the parts where they have a full conversation.

BTW shadowpred - I was thinking the same thing!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed