Alien: Isolation MotherVR Mod Impressions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 30, 2017, 08:37:55 AM

Author
Alien: Isolation MotherVR Mod Impressions (Read 16,573 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Mar 19, 2019, 01:27:15 AM
I don't have a problem with vr for the most part.
The only issue I have with Isolation is that your weapons/motion tracker movement are attached to your head movement and not your hands .
That part really throws my brain off.
Speaking as someone who has had little exposure to VR, that's a really interesting point that I never considered. FPS games slave your weapons to your POV because that's the only way they'd work, even though that's obviously not how your head works in real life.

Do other FPS VR games handle it differently?

Stitch

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 10, 2019, 05:07:11 AM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Mar 19, 2019, 01:27:15 AM
I don't have a problem with vr for the most part.
The only issue I have with Isolation is that your weapons/motion tracker movement are attached to your head movement and not your hands .
That part really throws my brain off.
Speaking as someone who has had little exposure to VR, that's a really interesting point that I never considered. FPS games slave your weapons to your POV because that's the only way they'd work, even though that's obviously not how your head works in real life.

Do other FPS VR games handle it differently?
Games designed for VR usually have decoupled aim. Since A:I wasn't initially a VR game, not fully anyway, it's based more on the standard FPS style.

The Old One

The Old One

Correct.

Corporal Hicks

Shevvie brought around his Occulus Rift yesterday and I tried out the 0.8.0 release of MuthurVR. f**ked about a bit on Survivor to get used to it, then played through Crew Expendable. I did record it, but we were numpties and turned the light off for atmosphere and the screen didn't illuminate my reactions as much as we'd liked so might have to do another night.

But it was really interesting. Very intense! An Alien game built from the ground-up for VR would be amazing!!

The Old One

The Old One

Certainly, sounds great.  :)

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

Oh yes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed