Marvel’s Aliens the Original Years Omnibus Vol 3

Started by Russ840, Jun 17, 2021, 05:52:37 PM

Author
Marvel’s Aliens the Original Years Omnibus Vol 3 (Read 14,460 times)

Prez

I wouldn't mind buying these omnibus' but man, they are sure damn expensive. Always wished I got to complete my original DH omnibus volumes too (missing number 4 & 5).

Corporal Hicks

They're worth it. Ultimately it's cheaper than getting them individually, and that was when you could find the individuals at a reasonable price.

Wompdonkey

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2022, 07:55:22 AMThey're worth it. Ultimately it's cheaper than getting them individually, and that was when you could find the individuals at a reasonable price.

Honestly, I feel like I wasted my money on Volume one. Volume 2 had much better stories and art so I enjoyed that one. And I have reservations about this Volume 3.

VincentVegaFFF

Quote from: Prez on Sep 07, 2022, 07:43:25 AMI wouldn't mind buying these omnibus' but man, they are sure damn expensive. Always wished I got to complete my original DH omnibus volumes too (missing number 4 & 5).

They're releasing these in paperback Epic Collections as well. It will take two or 3 volumes to collect each omnibus and it works out to about the same price but you can spread that cost out over a longer period of time. Epic Collections have a tendency to go out of print fast though, so of you do go that route don't wait too long to get them.

Some Old Dude

Ordered this from my local book store and it should be here before Christmas. I haven't read anything from the late 90's era, to the point I was actually shocked to learn Eduardo Risso drew the Resurrection adaptation as one of his earliest gigs.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Prez on Sep 07, 2022, 07:43:25 AMI wouldn't mind buying these omnibus' but man, they are sure damn expensive. Always wished I got to complete my original DH omnibus volumes too (missing number 4 & 5).

If you shop around you can find online stores that sell these omnibus for a lot cheaper. I got volume 1, about a year after release, with the Nelson cover for $75 brand new. Then I got volume 2, also the alternate cover and brand new, for $43 (that's not a typo; it really was about 65% off). I just bought volume 3, brand new alternate cover, two days ago for about $77.

When they release volume 4, that should finish collecting all of the dark horse comics. But being honest, I wish they'd keep going with a volume 5 and collect the alternate versions of these comics too, like the original black and white versions of all of the comics that were eventually colorized, and the Wilks/Billie remastered comics.

Prez

Quote from: Engineer on Dec 04, 2022, 03:45:46 PM

If you shop around you can find online stores that sell these omnibus for a lot cheaper. I got volume 1, about a year after release, with the Nelson cover for $75 brand new. Then I got volume 2, also the alternate cover and brand new, for $43 (that's not a typo; it really was about 65% off). I just bought volume 3, brand new alternate cover, two days ago for about $77.

When they release volume 4, that should finish collecting all of the dark horse comics. But being honest, I wish they'd keep going with a volume 5 and collect the alternate versions of these comics too, like the original black and white versions of all of the comics that were eventually colorized, and the Wilks/Billie remastered comics.

Thanks man. May I ask what sites you use?

Engineer

Engineer

This one has them for $75 pretty consistently. Plus shipping adds another $5, but it's still one of the better deals I've seen around...

https://cheapgraphicnovels.com/

Looks like you can pre-order the first volume of the "epic collection" here for about $24 too.

Jonesy Not Expendable

Mine arrived just before Christmas. They really are impressive collections and each one has had at least one first time reading for me.

Looking forward to the Predator omnibus.

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

Corporal Hicks

I picked mine up just before Christmas! They are brilliant looking volumes!

Jonesy Not Expendable

I've gone with the DM covers for all of them so far including Predator but going with the Dead Orbit one for Vol. 4. Always liked that piece of art.

Corporal Hicks

I've only had the DM cover for Volume 1. I've actually quite liked the new artwork for both 2 and 3 so far.

HuDaFuK

Any idea how limited these things are gonna be? I don't really wanna splurge on volume 3 right now, but I notice volume 2's already showing as out of stock on UK Amazon and I don't wanna miss out.

Anyone able to say whether these sort of things are normally quite limited runs with Marvel?

Engineer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 30, 2022, 10:09:04 PMAny idea how limited these things are gonna be? I don't really wanna splurge on volume 3 right now, but I notice volume 2's already showing as out of stock on UK Amazon and I don't wanna miss out.

Anyone able to say whether these sort of things are normally quite limited runs with Marvel?

Not sure...
But something I've noticed with volume 3 and the predator volume that just came out is that the smaller online stores have started posting "special order only" next to the DM covers. So I suspect they (marvel) are printing fewer of them now than they did with aliens volume 1 and 2.

HuDaFuK

So there's a non-zero chance I got really drunk on new year's eve and ordered Aliens 3 and 4 and the first Predator collection :laugh: Oops.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed