Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 487,206 times)

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 13, 2022, 03:36:17 AM
The Book of Boba Fett - Chapter 3: The Streets of Mos Espa

It was funny  ;D

I'm kinda surprised on the quality of the episodes done by Rodriguez. I hate to say it but I expected some better action sequences from him....

Midnight Mass
Absolutely loved this show!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Chernobyl E5

Damn, that ending...

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The Expanse, that's the biggest amount of easter eggs on one screen I have ever seen.

Stitch

Stitch

The Chestnut Man
Decent Danish serial killer miniseries on Netflix. Scandinavian thrillers tend to be good, and this isn't a let down.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Neon Genesis Evangelion

This was a show I really enjoyed despite the shift from being about mechs against monsters to being about the mental struggles of the characters... although that aspect was actually there from the start so...

I've read about how people didn't like the ending (episodes 25 and 26)... but I actually loved it. The more I progressed in this show the more I realized this was not a story that was focused on mech action or saving the world, it was a story about the characters and their internal struggles and survival and this is really driven home in the end that I feel has a great ending, and maybe that's very well because I was able to empathize and relate to the ending too.

Besides that stuff like the music is good, the animation is good, the action is good. Also I'm glad I went with the original rather than the Netflix because now I can't imagine the show without Fly Me To the Moon, yes even during a couple scenes apparently.

Your blu-ray will make a fine addition to my collection.

I watched the film The End of Evangelion too but my thoughts need more time to process and cook through for that one so that'll be another thread another time.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 14, 2022, 08:12:08 PM
The Expanse, that's the biggest amount of easter eggs on one screen I have ever seen.

Yep (some were hilarious in your face too). Great finale though. Ended in a very satisfying manner but has me wanting more! I hope they go on to make some feature length specials continuing the story.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

The Stand (new) 1/5

It's amazing to me, that this new version had the money, several creative consultants and a ton of runtime and it still failed to miss on every damn level you could imagine.

The original miniseries was half that runtime and conveyed more character depth and results of captain Tripp's, than that whole 9-10hrs of the new version did. To say it was a waste of time would be putting it lightly.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I don't even particularly like the 90s miniseries and it's still better than the newer one in a lot of ways.

SiL

SiL

Archive 81 Ep 1

Almost painfully unengaging. I really don't think these kinds of creepy stories work when

Spoiler
everyone is intimately and intricately related to the weirdness. An everyman stumbling into the strange and awful is much more creepy than people with mysterious backstories unlocking their hidden pasts.
[close]

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

The X-Files

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SiL on Jan 21, 2022, 11:25:20 AM
Archive 81 Ep 1

Almost painfully unengaging. I really don't think these kinds of creepy stories work when

Spoiler
everyone is intimately and intricately related to the weirdness. An everyman stumbling into the strange and awful is much more creepy than people with mysterious backstories unlocking their hidden pasts.
[close]

We binged it this weekend. Peaked about half way through and then just dragged on a bit - the ending was a bit disappointing to be honest.

Dark Crystal - Age of Resistance

About 6 episodes in and I'm loving this. I am old enough to have seen the original film in the cinemas and at the time I was a bit ho-hum on it. Need to revisit it again after seeing this. Shame it got cancelled.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Santa Inc Season 1

Private Eyes Season 4 Episodes 1-4

Intelligence Season 2 Episodes 3-6

Doctor Who Season 13

Ghosts Season 3

Line of Duty Season 6 Episodes 5-7

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier Episodes 4-6

NCIS New Orleans Season 4 Episodes 1-7

Inside No.9 Season 6

Terry Pratchett's The Abominable Snowman

Loki

Marvel's What If....

What We Do in the Shadows Season 3 Episodes 6-10

A Ghost Story for Christmas: The Mezzotint

The Testament of New Sister Devil Season 1

Transformers Seasons 1-4

Stitch

Stitch

MacGruber

It's more Mac. What more could you want? Maybe some Billy Zane and Sam Elliott? Gotcha covered!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Prez on Jan 23, 2022, 11:13:51 AM
We binged it this weekend. Peaked about half way through and then just dragged on a bit - the ending was a bit disappointing to be honest.
Gave up completely after episode 3.

Prez

Prez

The Tourist - Fargo set in South Aussie outback.

Trigger Point - Episode 1. Enjoyable but seeing Vicky McClure as a new character and not Kate (from Line of Duty) kinda took me out of the show at times. Very intense episode.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed