Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 486,504 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SiL on Dec 10, 2021, 04:08:22 AM
Finished the show a few days after posting.

The monologues can f**k all the way off, but Hamish Linklater turned in an absolutely beautiful performance worth the unnecessarily long 7 hour runtime.

Remarcable acting indeed.

Prez

Prez

Looking forward to this - very big expectations to fill though.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Dec 10, 2021, 04:08:22 AM
Finished the show a few days after posting.

The monologues can f**k all the way off, but Hamish Linklater turned in an absolutely beautiful performance worth the unnecessarily long 7 hour runtime.

More monologues thank you.

Kradan

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 10, 2021, 01:18:09 PM
More monologues thank you.
Duck no. They got worse as it went on. Just when the show was reaching a climax everything ground to a half for another pointless f**king monologue. Insane.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, there's a limit.

If there's one thing that bugs me about the Nolan Batman films, it's how everyone discusses everything to death. There's some great monologues in there, but it gets really tedious after a while.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 10, 2021, 09:13:10 PM
If there's one thing that bugs me about the Nolan Batman films, it's how everyone discusses everything to death.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain/i]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think the monologues of Midnight Mass are much more substantive and necessary than most believe particularly the last one.

SiL

SiL

The message, maybe. The unnecessarily drawn out delivery, absolutely f**king not.

The series was great, but could've been 5 hours, or even a solid 2-2.5hr movie. A lot of it was just languid for the sake of it.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I mean, I'm a fan of AlienĀ³'s Special Edition so don't trust my judgment on pacing, but it worked fine for me. I'd always rather something be overlong than the opposite personally. Apart from Aliens or any James Cameron film honestly though.

SiL

SiL

I'm happy to sit there and chill in the moment if I think there's actually a benefit.

Someone giving A Brief History of Germ Theory to explain why they think a person sounding crazy doesn't mean they're wrong, when they have explosive blood in the next room that neatly demonstrates why they believe the person? Come on.

Prez

Prez

Dopesick episode 5.
Amazing show. But watching it I keep thinking surely this can't be really what occurred but yep it is - big Pharma's activities laid bare. Absolutely diabolical.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Amazon's Tales from the Loop - s1ep1

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed