Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 486,316 times)

TC

TC

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 25, 2021, 08:58:16 AM
Finally started The Expanse season 5 last night.

First half of season 5 is a bit tedious, but second half more than makes up for it.

My one request for next season: more DRUMMER!

In fact, The Expanse is one of my top 5 sci-fi shows at the moment. Top of my list is For All Mankind. Just finished the latest 2nd season. I don't know why it doesn't get more attention, maybe because Apple+ isn't more popular. A shame really. Ronald D Moore has excelled himself here.

TC

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 29, 2021, 08:01:50 AM
Quote from: Prez on Apr 29, 2021, 12:57:29 AMLine of Duty season 6 episode 6 ... BENT. COPPERS. GOD. GIVE. ME. STRENGTH.

"Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey..." :laugh:

Wife and I have started the quoting game on this one.

"Night mate"
"Night"

Quote from: TC on Apr 29, 2021, 09:33:39 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 25, 2021, 08:58:16 AM
Finally started The Expanse season 5 last night.

First half of season 5 is a bit tedious, but second half more than makes up for it.

My one request for next season: more DRUMMER!

In fact, The Expanse is one of my top 5 sci-fi shows at the moment. Top of my list is For All Mankind. Just finished the latest 2nd season. I don't know why it doesn't get more attention, maybe because Apple+ isn't more popular. A shame really. Ronald D Moore has excelled himself here.

TC

Will give that one a go TC. Thanks for the recommend.

TC

TC

I also recommend Devs by Alex Garland (Ex Machina, Annihilation).

Limited streaming series. Sci-fi tale about quantum computing and metaphysics.

TC

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Alice in Borderland: Season 1 = ep 1 - ep 7

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Queen Of The South, season 2, remaining episodes.
Still good but not as great as the early episodes. Also read the original Mexican series is different. Wish I could've watched that first but I don't have access to it.

Snowfall
, season 4, episodes 1 to 4
Still, ok, but not as intriguing as the previous seasons.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

J.K Simmons ladies and gents.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Farscape S3 E13-14

So there was one really good, upping the stakes episode... and whatever the hell "Scratch n Sniff" was. :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Quote from: TC on Apr 29, 2021, 03:32:49 PM
I also recommend Devs by Alex Garland (Ex Machina, Annihilation).

Limited streaming series. Sci-fi tale about quantum computing and metaphysics.

TC

Cheers

Baron Von Marlon

Green Wing, season 2, episode 1
Was lucky enough to catch this on tv. Still as brilliant as it's crazy as it's funny.

Orange Is The New Black, season 3 somewhere.
Second viewing. Kinda better if you already know the background stories and are able to fastforward through them.

Snowfall, season 4, episodes 5 to 7.
Little better than the previous episodes but still not as good as the previous seasons.

Lego Masters Australia, some episode
The end result is usually fun to watch but it's only 10-15 minutes out of a 60 minute episode. Cut it down to 30 minutes or show 2 projects instead of 1.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: TC on Apr 29, 2021, 09:33:39 AMFirst half of season 5 is a bit tedious, but second half more than makes up for it.

I actually found this season overall to be the best since the second.

Prez

Prez

... And that's all she wrote. The last ever(?) episode of Line of Duty.

Spoiler
I think it fizzled a little but ... not sure how you end a show like that to be honest.
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Is it the last though...?

I still find it odd they got James Nesbitt in to appear as nothing more than a photograph. I guess it was just a cleverly-played red herring, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they did another and he actually makes an appearance.

Spoiler
I'm with you on it perhaps not being the most thrilling ending, but I actually liked the idea that one of the masterminds was a bit of a clueless f**k-up :laugh:
[close]

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 04, 2021, 09:41:49 AM
Is it the last though...?

I still find it odd they got James Nesbitt in to appear as nothing more than a photograph. I guess it was just a cleverly-played red herring, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they did another and he actually makes an appearance.

Spoiler
I'm with you on it perhaps not being the most thrilling ending, but I actually liked the idea that one of the masterminds was a bit of a clueless f**k-up :laugh:
[close]

I think you're most likely right mate.
Spoiler
and yes I agree with that too. As I read elsewhere in the real world it's rarely the moustached super villain but usually an incompetent lackey doing it all. I was hoping H was DCS Carmichael but that was too obvious. She was well acted and written though.
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on May 05, 2021, 12:44:17 AM
Spoiler
and yes I agree with that too. As I read elsewhere in the real world it's rarely the moustached super villain but usually an incompetent lackey doing it all. I was hoping H was DCS Carmichael but that was too obvious. She was well acted and written though.
[close]

Spoiler
Carmichael definitely would've been too obvious, so I'm glad they didn't do that. Right from the off I called her being a hateful bitch, but probably a straight hateful bitch.
[close]

I'm really tempted to re-watch the whole series actually, to catch all the links I undoubtedly missed and see if there's any foreshadowing that jumps out with a repeat viewing. I originally saw the first three or four series back-to-back because I missed them when they were first on, and it made the connections, a lot of which tend to be mentioned quite off-hand, much easier to catch.

The sadist in me also wants to see if there's anything that just doesn't add up knowing what we know now :laugh:

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Just started The Haunting of Bly Manor. Not a fan of the kids (great actors, just the writing) but so far I enjoy it a lot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed