Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 486,734 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

X-Men TAS

First Blood

First Blood

Sex and Violence
Death Takes a Holiday

Things are starting to pick up now that the season is coming to a close. Death Takes a Holiday was a great episode. I love how it started off pretty small, but lead to much bigger things like a unbroken seal, Castiel and Alistair. Christopher Heyerdahl was awesome as Alistair.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Well what have we here? Cosmic horror, mecha's, space age skin tight sci-fi wear, and a whole cast made up of emotionally unstable characters each with a story to tell. At just 26 episodes the series does at time feel like a monster of the week type scenario (which I enjoy) but from episode 16 onwards its acid trip, after acid trip. The series reels you into a sense of false security making it look like this is just Gundam meets Godzilla with angsty characters. Over the course of the series however new revelations are made, characters we grow to love die, and Shinji Ikari along with his fellow pilots Rei Ayanami and Asuka Langley Soryu slowly start suffering from even more sanity slippage and behind all this is a take over the world plot that involves the entire eradication of the human race.

To this day this is still my favorite anime and one of my favorites series's ever with twists and turns at every episode, immense (and at times terrifying and bloody) battles between the Eva Units and the obviously Lovecraft inspired Angels. The message of the series while not being a very deep one is very positive and one that may be difficult to get at first due to all the weird shit that's put into your face, but when you figure it out you feel better. Many people have nicknamed this anime depression in box set. While yes it is very depressing it's message is one of the most uplifting one's ever. The final two episodes which were (and still are) hated by many people are probably some of my favorite episodes in an anime ever. Showing how while fiction and your imagination is a great escape from reality you need to come out of that bubble you've built and come face to face with reality because life isn't going to stop for you for anything and while you will experience pain the happy moments in between that pain is what balances our lives from being boring and perfect to challenging and rewarding. Every time I finish this I cry, I cry legitimate tears. Something that most other forms of media have very rarely done. I only really have one thing left to say to everyone reading this.

Congratulations...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

X-Files...in time for X-Files night, I hope.

First Blood

First Blood

Season Four of Supernatural is coming to a close.

On the Head of a Pin
It's a Terrible Life
The Monster at the End of This Book

I loved all three of these episodes. On the Head of a Pin would have to be my favorite. With Dean torturing Alistair to extract information from him. Christ, those were some tense moments. He's such a deliciously evil character. And does anyone else think he sounds like Marlon Brando? :D

It was also nice to see Castiel step up literally and fight not only Alistair but Uriel as well. And The Monster at the End of this Book was fantastic. I really do love shows that poke fun at themselves once in a while. Stargate SG-1 used to do that now and again. But once the fun and games were out of the way – there were some pretty big revelations in that episode. I really hope they show some archangels. They're something I am dying to see, now that they've been acknowledged.

Just four more left...

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Aug 12, 2012, 03:22:34 AMAnd The Monster at the End of this Book was fantastic. I really do love shows that poke fun at themselves once in a while.

Yes, the horrors of slash fiction. ;D

Quote from: First Blood on Aug 12, 2012, 03:22:34 AMI really hope they show some archangels. They're something I am dying to see, now that they've been acknowledged.

Well...

Spoiler
You have already met Gabriel. ;)
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Aug 12, 2012, 07:18:18 AM
Quote from: First Blood on Aug 12, 2012, 03:22:34 AMAnd The Monster at the End of this Book was fantastic. I really do love shows that poke fun at themselves once in a while.

Yes, the horrors of slash fiction. ;D

"They do know we're brothers right?" :D

Quote from: Laufey on Aug 12, 2012, 07:18:18 AM
Well...

Spoiler
You have already met Gabriel. ;)
[close]

Ah, totally forgot about him. Well, I knew he was an angel. But not an archangel.

Shasvre

Shasvre

The identity of one of the archangels might surprise you. Then again, it might not. ;)

Edit: Watched some more of The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

"Mr. Ferguson Is Ill Today"
"Complications"
"Strange Things Happen at the One Two Point"
"Self Made Man"
"Alpine Fields"

The mystery behind the Terminator from the 20's was interesting.

First Blood

First Blood

Jump the Shark
The Rapture
When the Levee Breaks
Lucifer Rising

Sweet Jesus, what a way to end the fourth season. It was incredible, absolutely incredible. There are revelations, betrayals all on the eve of the apocalypse. First off, The Rapture was a terrific episode focusing on Castiel, or rather Jimmy Novak, the body in which Castiel is possessing. It was great to see an episode dedicated to his back-story and how Castiel came to posses him; but Lucifer Rising, oh boy what a f**king finale. The previous three seasons have been building up to this moment. Sam is with Ruby and they have to stop Lilith from opening the finale seal – which will spring Lucifer. Dean makes a horrifying discovery and asks for Castiel's help to find Sam, and stop what Sam's about to do to Lilith. I really liked Ruby – Christ, why woman!? Why!?

Easily my favorite season to date. And I really can't wait to start Season Five and see Mark Pellegrino as Lucifer. I love this show.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Didn't I tell you it was awesome? ;D

Season 4 and 5 are equally good in my opinion, so if you loved this, prepare for anohter great one. And the tension between Sam and Dean grows even bigger in some ways.

And a small spoiler about Lucifer...

Spoiler
He's one of the four archangels. ;)
[close]

Quote from: First Blood on Aug 12, 2012, 11:53:49 PMFirst off, The Rapture was a terrific episode focusing on Castiel, or rather Jimmy Novak, the body in which Castiel is possessing. It was great to see an episode dedicated to his back-story and how Castiel came to posses him.

That is a great episode. Misha Collins really plays both character very well.

Rioto

Rioto

Sons of Anarchy Season 3 for the 2nd time. Good but not as good as season 1/2 and 4.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Aug 13, 2012, 11:20:36 AM
And a small spoiler about Lucifer...

Spoiler
He's one of the four archangels. ;)
[close]

So there's
Spoiler
Gabriel & Lucifer. Want to clue me in on the other two? ;D
[close]

I finished the remaining episodes of Strike Back. Goddamn what a load of fun this show was. It was filled with nicely scripted action sequences and some great guest stars. The two episodes with Iain Glen were f**king great. He plays an arms dealer who teams up with Stonebridge and Scott to rescue his daughter from Janjaweed rebels in the Sudan.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Aug 14, 2012, 01:55:57 PM
Spoiler
So there's Gabriel & Lucifer. Want to clue me in on the other two? ;D
[close]

Spoiler
Michael and Raphael, with Michael being the most powerful and the one that cast Lucifer down from Heaven. Raphael was the one that was about to show up to smite Lilith. You get to see more of him in Season 5. He have one of the coolest intros ever.
[close]

Just finished The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Season 2 myself. It's been a while since I watched it and back then I never saw all the episodes. It's a fantastic show, with so many interesting ideas that never got the chance to come to fruition. I love the idea of John Henry being Skynet's brother and Dillahunt is a great actor. I also picked up on something I never catched the last time I saw the finale...

Spoiler
Daniel Dyson being gone for three months probably means he's the one building Skynet.
[close]

And damn, that ending. I have so many questions that will forever be left unanswered. :'(

R.I.P.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Babylon 5: "Into the Fire"

Holy shit. Holy shit. Well, that was... fantastic. And satisfying. But what the hell are they gonna do for another season and a half?

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Hellsing OVA's 1-2

Still badass after 3 years and now I got to watch 3 and 4. Then finally wait for the rest to get dubbed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed