Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 481,803 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

A staggering drop in viewers had occured by the end of the very first season; to continue past 2 would have been something of financial suicide.

Personally, I've only seen two episodes. Didn't interest me... just felt way too by-the-numbers (which probably played into the general lack of interest from viewers). But it seemed to have a cult following that made themselves quite vocal after it's cancellation.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The X-Files: "Eve"

Holy shit, this episode is creepy as hell. This is one of the most chilling monsters-of-the-week yet, and it's really getting me--

Wait...

Did Mulder just ask for two diet sodas and two regular sodas?

What the f**k does that mean? What the hell is the waitress gonna get them? Will she make it all Cokes? What if someone wanted a ginger ale? Or a Sprite? Hell, maybe even a root beer!

Jesus Christ, Mulder, get it together man.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 07, 2012, 08:18:18 AM
A staggering drop in viewers had occured by the end of the very first season;
Yeah, read that. Surprising and sad.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 07, 2012, 08:20:57 AM
The X-Files: "Eve"

Holy shit, this episode is creepy as hell. This is one of the most chilling monsters-of-the-week yet, and it's really getting me--

Wait...

Did Mulder just ask for two diet sodas and two regular sodas?

What the f**k does that mean? What the hell is the waitress gonna get them? Will she make it all Cokes? What if someone wanted a ginger ale? Or a Sprite? Hell, maybe even a root beer!

Jesus Christ, Mulder, get it together man.
:D
Glad you liked it. It's one of my personal favorite episodes of the entire series. The guest star turns are unforgettable--Harriet Harris and the twin girls as the Eve's are so chilling.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 07, 2012, 08:18:18 AM
A staggering drop in viewers had occured by the end of the very first season; to continue past 2 would have been something of financial suicide.

Personally, I've only seen two episodes. Didn't interest me... just felt way too by-the-numbers (which probably played into the general lack of interest from viewers). But it seemed to have a cult following that made themselves quite vocal after it's cancellation.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 07, 2012, 05:15:32 PM
Glad you liked it. It's one of my personal favorite episodes of the entire series. The guest star turns are unforgettable--Harriet Harris and the twin girls as the Eve's are so chilling.

Yeah, it was a great episode. Although, I'm starting to get tired of the ending every episode with an ominous shot of the monster, still alive and planning something nefarious.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 07, 2012, 07:10:03 PM
Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 07, 2012, 05:15:32 PM

Yeah, it was a great episode. Although, I'm starting to get tired of the ending every episode with an ominous shot of the monster, still alive and planning something nefarious.

There's the door!

Cvalda

Cvalda

Those endings due tend to crop up from time to time in the first couple seasons, yeah. But EVE earns that ending bigtime.
"We just knew..."

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 07, 2012, 07:16:11 PM
Those endings due tend to crop up from time to time in the first couple seasons, yeah. But EVE earns that ending bigtime.
"We just knew..."

Awesome as all hell.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 07, 2012, 07:16:11 PM
"We just knew..."

Yeah, it worked there. It's just getting predictable at this point, it's happening so often.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Well, your next ep that has one of those ending reveals doesn't come til Season 2 (and that one earns it, too), so you're pretty in the clear for a while :P

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Anger Management

Generic. Just your everyday generic sitcom.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 07, 2012, 07:33:16 PM
Well, your next ep that has one of those ending reveals doesn't come til Season 2 (and that one earns it, too), so you're pretty in the clear for a while :P

Excellent!

I'm just waiting for the overarching story to get going, at this point. I know that it was the Monster formula for a while, and I do like it, but I'm a sucker for overreaching plots.

Cvalda

Cvalda

X-Files episode 2x19, Død Kalm with ShadowPred

Some bad guest performances and worse old age makeup, but this ep has amazing atmosphere, a great final monologue from Scully about the end of the world, and an ingenious sequence where she raids the ship for the last non-contaminated water available, coming up with only a snow globe, sardine juice and some lemons.

On to Humbug!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 07, 2012, 11:33:47 PM
X-Files episode 2x19, Død Kalm with ShadowPred

Some bad guest performances and worse old age makeup, but this ep has amazing atmosphere, a great final monologue from Scully about the end of the world, and an ingenious sequence where she raids the ship for the last non-contaminated water available, coming up with only a snow globe, sardine juice and some lemons.

On to Humbug!

It surprises me that the episode works. Bad acting, and evern worse old age make up that made my younger self thought it was some sort of mutant disease or virus...gods.

But yes, great episode all around. Always a pleasure watching these episodes. Can't wait to see which one makes me rant again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed