Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 486,667 times)

Eva

Eva

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 25, 2012, 09:56:31 PM
Produced by him.

Hmmm... might give the first episode a chance some day...

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Eva on Jun 25, 2012, 10:08:27 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Jun 25, 2012, 09:56:31 PM
Produced by him.

Hmmm... might give the first episode a chance some day...

First 5 episodes have some ups and downs but after that it gets better ;)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Cowboy Bebop "Asteroid Blues," "Stray Dog Strut," "Honky Tonk Women," "Gateway Shuffle," "Ballad of Fallen Angels," Sympathy for the Devil"

Holy shit. I love this show. Good Christ, I f**king love this show. A sci-fi space Western tech-noir anime, of course I f**king love it! I had planned on just watching one or two of the Sessions, but once I started, I just couldn't stop. I just kept thinking "one more, one more!", going through to the next episode, starting it up, hearing and seeing that motherf**king awesome intro, before starting in on another half-hour long compact story.

The main draw, I think, are the characters; funny and nuanced, with light sides and dark, both of which get explored throughout the few episodes I've seen. I just love watching these people interact with each other. It's like Firefly but with less people and a better soundtrack (I'll get to that later). Actually, Firefly is a fantastic comparison to this. The two shows feel very much of the same vein.

The art and direction is just beautiful; cityscapes reminiscent of Blade Runner; spacecraft that are rugged or sleek, lived-in or brand new, massive space-cities or tiny celestial canoes; character animations that are fluid and real, while still being stylized and unique; and finally, the action scenes. Good Christ, the action scenes. They're wonderful. It's like something out of a John Woo film; fast a chaotic, yet still easily followed and entertaining as all hell. The standout sequence for me, direction-wise, was in "Ballad of Fallen Angels." A slow montage with no dialogue, many different shots intercut from year apart, yet perfectly conveying a story of friendship turned to hate, completely capturing the emotions of something like that in a brief two-minute clip. Fantastic.

And then, the music. My Gods, the music kicks unparalleled amounts of ass. The theme song is just... I can't describe how badass it truly is. Hell, that song alone was a huge part of me deciding to watch this series, and the music in the sessions themselves is equally as good. Bluesy and jazzy and funky and just generally sex in my ears.

In closing, all I have to say is this:

Spoiler

Shasvre

Shasvre

Fringe

S01E02 - The Same Old Story

S01E03 - The Ghost Network

S01E04 - The Arrival

So far, so good. John Noble is fantastic. I never really liked him as Denethor (not really his fault, it had more to do with the way the character was written), but he's simply brilliant in this show. The Arrival was interesting, I've always liked the idea of an "Observer" (something I find interesting in Marvel as well). I just hope this show doesn't become mystery after mystery with no explanation for any of it.

First Blood

First Blood

Supernatural Season Two

Episode 6 - No Exit
Episode 7 - The Usual Suspects
Episode 8 - Crossroad Blues
Episode 9 - Croatoan
Episode 10 - Hunted
Episode 11 - Play Things
Episode 12 - Nightshifter

'Dat ending to Nightshifter. I had this big dumb grin on my face. f**king brilliant.

"We're so dead."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXhuso4OTG4#

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Jun 27, 2012, 09:07:17 PMSupernatural Season Two

'Dat ending to Nightshifter. I had this big dumb grin on my face. f**king brilliant.

"We're so dead."

That marks the first apperance of Agent Henriksen, doesn't it?

Dean gets one of his best jokes with that guy in Season 3. :laugh:

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Bob's Burgers

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

The Legend of Korra - Episode 6: And The Winner Is...

I, uh... wow. Can this show... possibly be any more amazing...?

Lie

Lie

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 28, 2012, 12:15:05 PM

Episode 10 that's all I'm saying. ;)

How I Met Your Mother, the finding the burger place one.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Lie on Jun 28, 2012, 02:12:31 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 28, 2012, 12:15:05 PM

Episode 10 that's all I'm saying. ;)

How I Met Your Mother, the finding the burger place one.

HIMYM FTW!

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Laufey on Jun 28, 2012, 04:14:49 AM
Quote from: First Blood on Jun 27, 2012, 09:07:17 PMSupernatural Season Two

"We're so dead."

That marks the first apperance of Agent Henriksen, doesn't it?

Dean gets one of his best jokes with that guy in Season 3. :laugh:

I know exactly about what joke you're talking about :D i loved that one ^^

First Blood

First Blood

Episode 13 - Houses of the Holy
Episode 14 - Born Under A Bad Sign
Episode 15 - Tall Tales  :laugh:

Tall Tales was an amazing episode. I think I have a new favorite villain. And when both Dean and Sam are telling Bobby a warped version of the story -- had me rolling. :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Jun 28, 2012, 09:53:48 PMEpisode 15 - Tall Tales  :laugh:

Tall Tales was an amazing episode. I think I have a new favorite villain. And when both Dean and Sam are telling Bobby a warped version of the story -- had me rolling. :laugh:

"Got more ass than a toilet seat."

Yeah, he's bloody amazing. ;D

Vepariga

Vepariga

Quote from: Laufey on Jun 26, 2012, 06:46:13 PM
Fringe

S01E02 - The Same Old Story

S01E03 - The Ghost Network

S01E04 - The Arrival

So far, so good. John Noble is fantastic. I never really liked him as Denethor (not really his fault, it had more to do with the way the character was written), but he's simply brilliant in this show. The Arrival was interesting, I've always liked the idea of an "Observer" (something I find interesting in Marvel as well). I just hope this show doesn't become mystery after mystery with no explanation for any of it.

All answers come in time,some even answered in later seasons. nothing is forgotten its great. and Noble is fantastic,how he hasnt got an emmy for Fringe is beyond me.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Da X-Files!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed