Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 487,184 times)

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Predator Queen on Apr 23, 2011, 01:30:53 AMBiography – Gordon Ramsay Just another reson to go to the UK, so I can find him and give him a hug!
Just stay out of the Mens Room!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Head some free time before being with the family for Easter, so I watched the last episode of Firefly: Objects in Space. And only now, as I'm writing this, did I realize where the title came from :)

Anyways, I really liked the episode. The Slave-1 looking ship was a really cool touch, and the bounty hunter was really...scary.
Spoiler
I was actually afraid for Kaylee
[close]
. The whole plot point where River
Spoiler
"becomes Serenity"
[close]
was confusing at first, but ended up making a lot of sense and was really cool. I loved her comment about
Spoiler
having to keep watch over her brother ;D The surgery scene at the end as nice too.
[close]
. I wish they expanded a little more on Mal and Inara's conversation from the last episode, but it makes sense that with these events happening they wouldn't be able to. I guess Serenity will address that, or it will already be resolved by then.

I can't believe the series is over. Just goes to show how the studios never really know what they have on their hands. The same thing happened to Tremors with the airing out of order and subsequent death of the show :( Makes me happy that AMC has The Walking Dead, as they at least understand how to run a show, despite being primarily a movie channel. The Walking Dead is even in the correct order!

So now that Firefly is done, I would have to say that my top five episodes would be:
5.) War Stories
4.) Objects in Space
3.) Jaynestown
2.) Ariel
1.) Out of Gas

Really great series, and not a single bad episode. Sure, some are better than others, but that's to be expected.

I really, really can't wait to see Serenity! I hope I get to watch it tomorrow ;D

Edit: What was up with the bounty hunter saying that
Spoiler
Book isn't a Shepard
[close]
? Actually, don't answer. Maybe Serenity answers it.

Nope

Nope

Dan VS.

Pn2501

Pn2501

The soup.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 24, 2011, 02:39:21 PMEdit: What was up with the bounty hunter saying that
Spoiler
Book isn't a Shepard
[close]
? Actually, don't answer. Maybe Serenity answers it.

Sadly, that isn't something they mention in Serenity. Personally, I always though he could have been an former Operative (you know what I mean once you've seen Serenity), but that was debunked in the comic book The Shepherd's Tale, where we get to see his early life and what he did before he became a preacher. :)

Nightmare Asylum

Does the comic answer that question specifically?

I personally think that
Spoiler
he is a preacher, no doubt about that, but he was trained on the side, maybe in case something should ever happen to him or his group. It makes sense, because in the show he is reluctant to fight, but will do it if he has to in order to protect himself or the crew, or even all the women in Heart of Gold.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 24, 2011, 04:32:12 PMDoes the comic answer that question specifically?

I personally think that
Spoiler
he is a preacher, no doubt about that, but he was trained on the side, maybe in case something should ever happen to him or his group. It makes sense, because in the show he is reluctant to fight, but will do it if he has to in order to protect himself or the crew, or even all the women in Heart of Gold.
[close]

Spoiler
Oh, he definitely is a preacher, but that's not all he is. He was also a spy for the Browncoats, sabotaging the Alliance military operations during the war from the inside. In his younger days he was also a street criminal.
[close]

You should check out the comic some day, it's pretty good (but a bit short).

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

It's all lies.

Spoiler
He's a Companion.
[close]

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Finished Fooly Cooly....I have no idea what the f**k I just finished watching but only two words can describe the series: "Holy shit"

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Doctor Who: The Impossible Astronaut

I do like this show. Quite a bit. The story is interesting, the science is dubious, and the characters are great. What more could you want? Wait, did I just see...

HOLY SHIT, MARK SHEPPARD! Romo FRAKKIN' Lampkin is in this! ;D

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Game of Thrones. Too much exposition, not enough snow zombie violence. Good stuff anyway, it'll tide me over until the next Doctor Who episode.

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Apr 25, 2011, 04:13:09 AM
Game of Thrones. Too much exposition

id agree.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Point taken. The lesbian stuff was awesome.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: King Rathalos on Apr 24, 2011, 05:37:26 PM
Finished Fooly Cooly....I have no idea what the f**k I just finished watching but only two words can describe the series: "Holy shit"

FLCL right? I plan to get the new boxset for my birthday, I'm really looking for to it.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

The Borgias. Shit is awesome as always. Will be watching Game of Thrones when I get home, and boo at Camelot for showing re-runs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed