Alien Quadrilogy Blu Ray

Started by Bug Hunt, Mar 30, 2008, 11:00:15 PM

Author
Alien Quadrilogy Blu Ray (Read 3,730 times)

Bug Hunt

Bug Hunt

How much longer before the Quadrilogy finally comes to Blu-Ray?

Cellien

Cellien

Not sure if it's been announced.

SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Well, they're releasing just Predator on Blu-ray to piggyback on the release of AvP:R next Tuesday, so they're probably going one-by-one, rather than doing an entire box set of them. I'm guessing they'll wait until they've released them all individually, and then do a huge Blu-ray box set of all 8 films (Alien/Predator/AVP) - perhaps 9, if they time it to a DVD release for AVP 3, should it get made.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Blu-Ray. Why not just stick with regular DVDs?

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Apr 11, 2008, 10:05:12 AM
Blu-Ray. Why not just stick with regular DVDs?

Simple.  Picture quality.  It's over twice the resolution letting us see the best possible transfer.  An added bonus is if we also get frame by frame restoration.

War Wager

War Wager

Also it's got incredible sound.

I thought they would have brought out either Alien or Aliens first on Blu-Ray, they'll probably do them next.

Cellien

Cellien

Sound is better too, but I'd guess 95% of Blu-Ray owners don't have the equipment necessary to take advantage of the sound, let along could even tell the difference.  :P

I'm still sporting dolby digital 5.1 and it still amazes me on occasion. :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I would love to see Aliens in high-def. Can you imagine seeing the hive in that sort of pic quality, the details, my God, the details :o

Cellien

Cellien

Yeah I'm hoping for that too.  However, I've read that Aliens was shot with grainy film from the get-go.  I hope the masters are better than the DVD looked as far as grain goes.

Cellien

Cellien

I just hope we don't get dicked on the extended cuts.  Fox has a few Blu-Rays out that ARE NOT the extended cuts like T2.  :\ 

severen76

severen76

Fox are terrible for ripping people off. >:(

Cellien

Cellien

Yeah, its crazy!  They know all the fans will double-dip.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Got the Egg Boxset today.

Can't wait to watch it tonight.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Wrong thread dude. You should know that by now.  ;)

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

I did a search and couldn't find another thread.

Got a link?  ;)

EDIT:  Nevermind...duh.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed