Alien Day 2020

Started by 426Buddy, Apr 02, 2020, 01:11:24 AM

Author
Alien Day 2020 (Read 22,772 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'm not keen on the new trainers - if I'm gonna get a pair of ridiculous retro movie-inspired shoes, I'd rather they just looked like the ones in the movie - but I'm glad they're doing at least something for Alien Day this year. I imagine stuff like physical merch is probably too far along in development and production to really cancel anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if the event's a bit more low-key though.

And going back to the shoes, I hope for anyone interested they don't get scalped as bad as the last few releases have.

Jazzy Jeff.

Jazzy Jeff.

Sweet Fancy Moses they are not great.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Can't wait to see what else they have coming ;D

Never too keen on the shoes.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 17, 2020, 02:20:40 PM
Can't wait to see what else they have coming ;D

Very little unfortunately. Just had the email with everything. The only new products are the shoes, and 2 new Reebok shirts. There's also going to be some discounts for Aliens vs. Pinball and Alien: Blackout. Oterhwise its pimping existing releases like the Mega Construx eggs, the Lanard figures and some release dates for the other books out this year.

The shoes also come with a fancy pants holographic box.

Correction, Blackout will be free to download on Alien Day. And a sweepstakes for Isolation on the Switch.

Sorry, it looks like another sweepstakes for the Isolation comics, not a copy of the game.

Darkness

Darkness

Free on Android? I think I had it for my ipad but I never did finish it. I might revisit it on my Galaxy Tab.

I kinda feel under the circumstances, they should have just skipped Alien Day altogether.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

A Mark Verheiden podcast?

Oh the best counter news to hearing the lockdown is extended for another 3 weeks.

Verheiden most notable for writing scripts for (but not drawing) the full-length Dark Horse comics
Book One (Hicks and Newt after ALIENS, outbreak on earth, evacuation of infected planet earth )
Book Two (Hicks and Newt after ALIENS, military sortie, human experimentation, escaping dictator general trying to retake earth with a "controlled" Xenomorph army)
ALIENS EARTH WAR (Ripley rejoins Hicks and Newt after prior outings, ambitious but abrupt premature conclusion to retaking earth)

To us OG's of ALIENS early releases these were the story ideas that should've, logically, came after aliens in movie form but which we didn't get. Despite David Giller pondering but rejecting spiritually similar movie ideas in tone and scale due to budget and the then technical limitations of special effects.

I'm hoping to hear Mark Verheiden thoughts on the substitutes- ALIEN 3, Resurrection and AVP 2004.

Where did we buy our Mark Verheiden comics? For me I was torn between a independent book/comic store and the retail chain ATHENA.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Cool!  Really looking forward to the interview with Mark Verheiden.  Wish there was an opportunity to as Mark some questions.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Absolutely pumped for Blackout.

Hey, Hicks, any writing/fanart contests available for Alien Day?

D88M

D88M

Oh man i love the work of Verheiden, he should be the guy to write an AVP script.

Dr Church

Dr Church

A fanart contest would be awesome

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: D88M on Apr 18, 2020, 12:22:51 AM
Oh man i love the work of Verheiden, he should be the guy to write an AVP script.

Or he should write a future Aliens film.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

Quote from: D88M on Apr 18, 2020, 12:22:51 AM

Erm? What was wrong with the Randy Stradley comic book script?

Or adapting any aliens vs predator PC game?

Prez

Prez

Awesome!!!

Kradan

Kradan

So, no audio drama then ?

markweatherill

markweatherill

Did Reebok pay for the rights to use the various logos on those shoes, but not the rights to use the name of the 1986 movie? :) Nice to see them passing the cost savings on to the consumer!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed