The future of the Alien vs. Predator franchise

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 20, 2018, 08:14:45 PM

Do you think they should make another AVP film?

Yes, continuing from the previous films.
Yes, but disregarding the previous AVP films (New continuity)
No, they should be kept seperate.
No, the  AVP movies messed up the franchise.
Not sure/maybe.
Author
The future of the Alien vs. Predator franchise (Read 23,516 times)

Mr.Turok

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 05, 2018, 07:34:44 PM
Don't defend AVPR.
Lawl

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 05, 2018, 07:34:44 PM
BTW I don't know any AC fanatics that care about the storyline after what happened to Desmond Miles or Ezio.
Most are genuinely refreshed and interested in the changes of Origins and Odyssey.
Bring on the monsters, f**k the Animus.
I'm a just say this real quick since its a avp thread that i don't wanna accidently take over. I have swam neck deep in the AC fandom since 2009 and I will say that Odyssey created a civil war between new and old lore gen fans who either care or don't care about the series lore and characters. People was open to Origins as it had potential to go to somewhere good but with the reveal of Odyssey, things went f**kin to the shit. It got ugly super quickly that as much as we had problems with Prometheus, Covenant and AVPR, it will never been in such an extreme as I had to witness. f**k I admit what I was Team Lore and went bezerk myself cuz now its completely f**ked. If they wanted monsters, than make a new IP, otherwise whats the point of the Animus and the established whole point of the series.

Quote from: SM on Sep 05, 2018, 08:31:46 PM
The holes in the skull would be sealed up.  :)
Thought of an alien gone lame. Poor bastard would bump into everything, sterile and docile but with bare motor functions.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Sep 05, 2018, 11:28:14 PM
Except we clearly see the Predalien depositing something physically solid and big in the host, an embryo and it is going into their stomach, a place where they can't feed and grow in the host via an umbilical.

Eeehhhh just write it off as huge thick neck muscles that make it look like its pushing something huge lol.

Plus the DNA Reflex already said that its not an embryo, its some kind of seed that grows everything by absorbing the hosts DNA, including an umbilical that will do the absorbing.

QuoteThis complex process involves the absorption of organic material from the host, which is then broken down at a molecular level and rearranged into new compounds. Carbon units are disassociated and recombined into crystal lattices, which are used in the formation of the Xenomorph's hard body structures.Freed H+ ions are combined with surplus sulphate (SO42-) and nitrate (NO3-) groups to form the basis of the creature's highly acidic blood. As a side-effect of this unique process of development, Xenomorph genetic material is passed to the host as well as vice versa, and it is this trait that allowed the scientists aboard the USM Auriga to clone the Queen gestating inside of Ripley 8 as well as Ripley 8 herself.

The manner in which the Chestburster develops from the host's genetic material means that the host's characteristics will in turn dictate, to an extent, the Xenomorph's physical features — embryos are thought to copy 10-15% of the host's genetic code in a process dubbed the "DNA Reflex". This genetic absorption is designed to help Xenomorphs adapt to the environment in which they are born, and also helps the developing creature to "hide" from the host organism's immune system

Going further with that, its much more logical to be in a stomach rather than the back or chest. Parasites today either infect the heart, intestines, liver, or stomach as that's where the rich blood, liquids, and food is.

The Cruentus

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Sep 06, 2018, 03:29:36 AM
Eeehhhh just write it off as huge thick neck muscles that make it look like its pushing something huge lol.
No.

QuotePlus the DNA Reflex already said that its not an embryo, its some kind of seed that grows everything by absorbing the hosts DNA, including an umbilical that will do the absorbing.

I already know that but the problem is that the Predalien is inserting actual embryos, also they cannot form an umbilical in the stomach.

QuoteGoing further with that, its much more logical to be in a stomach rather than the back or chest. Parasites today either infect the heart, intestines, liver, or stomach as that's where the rich blood, liquids, and food is.

Except information on Chesbursters show that they are attached to the heart as well as possibly some other organs via an umbilical, which means they would have to be outside the stomach, the body itself grows them. Which means no embryo is deposited, so AVPR can kiss itself goodbye as far as I am concerned.  :P

SM

Are they attached to the heart?

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Sep 05, 2018, 08:31:46 PM
Wonder what would happen if you threw a xenomorph in there, into the portal, like will it go mad or stay the same?

The holes in the skull would be sealed up.  :)

I support this.

The Cruentus

Quote from: SM on Sep 06, 2018, 01:53:53 PM
Are they attached to the heart?

I think they are attached to the aorta artery I believe...or at least that is what I read somewhere  :P
Hmm I am curious myself now where I read that too. 
Some digging is required.  :laugh:

SM

It's definitely attached as seen in Resurrection.  What they're connected to - not sure.

The Old One

The Old One

In the A3 BTS CT-scan the Queen Chestburster is right next to the heart, but don't believe it's attached.

Master

Embryo performes some kind of neovascularysation and creates new vasels, like tumor, in order to feed and grow. When it ripps you apart from inside, you die from trauma, pain and blood loss. It doesn't have to be attached to your heart (stupid as hell).

SM

It may be.

Why would it be stupid?

Master

It would cause immidiate hear failure and death. Also Alien:Ressurection.

SM

Why?  Also - why?

Master

Because the anatomy of heart

Baceuse when chestburster was removed they didn't drag the heart with it.

SM

SM

The umbilical cords either detach prior to birth, or rip during birth  if they were attached.  What with them being so tiny.

The Cruentus

In Resurrection, Gedimen cuts the cord with a scalpel, so nothing but the chestburster was removed.
Normally I think they just either detach or disolve, AVP eternity said something about that I believe.

Master

Quote from: SM on Sep 07, 2018, 09:32:02 AM
The umbilical cords detach prior to birth.  Plus as seen in Resurrection, the cords are so tiny and would rip during birth even if they were attached.

Human or Alien? Umbilical is attached to placenta and with humans it's cut after birth to minimise blood lose of mother and newborn.

Anything attached to heart owuld puncture pericardium, cause traction to the heart leading to heart failure and death.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed