So, whats the connection between the Engineers and the aliens in this game?

Started by bobby brown, Apr 29, 2021, 09:47:41 AM

Author
So, whats the connection between the Engineers and the aliens in this game? (Read 13,817 times)

judge death

Thats funny because most fans on star wars group and forums I hang on: accept george lucas prequel trilogy and only problem is with the mitroclorian amount from episode 1, while episode 3 is beloved movie.

Where fans have issues with is episode 8 and 9 which completely broke lore with making it possible to get through shields by kamikaze move and how a big mess it became after Rian jonson f**ked up the series and pretty much finished it in last jedi and they ahd to rehire Abrams to repair it and to please fans made palpatine to come back and f**k up the lore even more xD Episode 7 was and is popular but mandalorian blows them out of the water and is beloved by the fans for going back to the lore they know and was established in the past and have like mara jade back in the lore who was removed in disneys trilogy which they hated for.

Myself isnt a big star wars fan and found last jedi okay but can see it breaking clear rules and see lots fans hating on it and loving to see luke skywalker back with his lightsaber fighting those dark troopers and be how he was in the past and calling luke in the disney trilogy for a fake luke and he isnt luke etc xD

BlueMarsalis79

f**king the Derelict versus an upside down Space Jockey model, the depths of awfulness this game sinks to, it is almost biblical.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 06, 2021, 08:58:28 PM
Hey now, even something as asinine as Colonial Marines tried to get in on that prequel train. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dct01j2DdHI

PEW PEW MOTHERf**kER

judge death

thats gearbox and the fraud CEO, wish sega went on with suing the shit out of them. thankfully fireteam will most likely be better, kinda hard to do worse :P

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: judge death on May 06, 2021, 08:59:38 PM
Thats funny because most fans on star wars group and forums I hang on: accept george lucas prequel trilogy and only problem is with the mitroclorian amount from episode 1, while episode 3 is beloved movie.

Where fans have issues with is episode 8 and 9 which completely broke lore with making it possible to get through shields by kamikaze move and how a big mess it became after Rian jonson f**ked up the series and pretty much finished it in last jedi and they ahd to rehire Abrams to repair it and to please fans made palpatine to come back and f**k up the lore even more xD Episode 7 was and is popular but mandalorian blows them out of the water and is beloved by the fans for going back to the lore they know and was established in the past and have like mara jade back in the lore who was removed in disneys trilogy which they hated for.

Myself isnt a big star wars fan and found last jedi okay but can see it breaking clear rules and see lots fans hating on it and loving to see luke skywalker back with his lightsaber fighting those dark troopers and be how he was in the past and calling luke in the disney trilogy for a fake luke and he isnt luke etc xD

The Star Wars prequels were absolutely PANNED, basically right up until The Last Jedi released and took the throne as the prime target of fan vitriol, by the fanbase at large; I would know, I spent ~20 years defending the prequels in that time (and funny enough, The Last Jedi is the only movie in the new trilogy that I quite like). The near-universal love that you often see for the prequels right now is a relatively new thing, most of which has been spurred on by the very vocal community's dislike of the current crop of Disney-era films.

What you're saying here, if I'm understanding correctly, is that stories should be told purely "for the fans," should remain essentially stagnant without characters growing beyond what we once knew them as, and that every single fictional "rule" is carved in stone and should not be messed with even if the filmmakers have a new idea that they want to try out. That all sounds... very stale to me. Especially if a franchise is expected to go on forever. If this is the route that the Alien stories take moving forward, then I guess we'll just keep seeing quasi-remakes of Alien and Aliens over and over again, since they're the only two that are truly beloved on a large enough scale to fuel that "for the fans" mentality.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: judge death on May 06, 2021, 09:01:23 PM
thats gearbox and the fraud CEO, wish sega went on with suing the shit out of them. thankfully fireteam will most likely be better, kinda hard to do worse :P

But Fireteam is using design elements straight from the retconning prequels nobody liked?

judge death

judge death

I think its a balance thing, mandalorian is doing it excellent from feedback and reviews: doing what the fans expect and doing new things but small steps while at the same time following the lore but doing new things inside of the rules.
Like boba fett coming back, by explaining it and not retconing the old movie it made fans accept it and even want to see more of him now in new adventures. I think he gets his own show soon?

so do new things but within the rules set up, I think redlettermedia has done videos on this that explains it better.
But again, like you say: you want to see new things and drastic changes and change the whole lore upside down, its interesting and more artistic and new but its not something most fans will like who dont want drastic changes.

But Fireteam is using design elements straight from the retconning prequels nobody liked?
I wouldnt call it nobody liked xD Covenant is easily top 4 alien movie to me but can tell it didnt go home too well, for reasons already mentioned. Plus the game is already repetive as it is so need variety of scenery, while we get mostly aliens scenery and familair alien types from aliens and alien3 :P

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

To steer this whole thing back to Fireteam, I don't expect this game to delve into the origins of the Aliens at all; no mention of David, no living Engineers or signs that they have been actively doing anything in the recent past as we embark on our "Bug Hunt" through their ruins, and likely no use of the Pathogen, since the Alien varieties here seem to be skewing a bit more towards a Kenner/Colonial Marines style than that of the Deacon/Neomorphs - though of the three, I think some instance of the Pathogen featuring in a slight capacity is probably more likely than any mention of David or recently-living Engineers. On a similar note, I don't really expect anything much in the way of story here, beyond the standard "Escape from point A and get to point B with your friends" a la Left 4 Dead.

judge death

That sounds most likely and most logical I would say, so you are probably right.
Im hoping the charachter creation is good enough so I can recreate my alien OC I use from the rp book and art. Would be fun if so. :D

[cancerblack]

Quote from: judge death on May 06, 2021, 09:18:35 PM
I wouldnt call it nobody liked xD Coventant is easily top 4 alien movie to me but can tell it didnt go home too well, for reasons already mentioned. Plus the game is already repetive as it is so need variety of scenery, while we get mostly aliens scenery and familair alien types from aliens and alien3 :P

I'm mostly still giving Spinelli the business, don't worry.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 06, 2021, 09:07:32 PM

The ones that are unfortunately canon

BlueMarsalis79

Kradan

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on May 07, 2021, 02:44:57 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 06, 2021, 09:07:32 PM

The ones that are unfortunately canon

Drukathi

Quote from: judge death on May 06, 2021, 09:18:35 PM
its interesting and more artistic and new but its not something most fans will like who dont want drastic changes.
Quote from: judge death on May 06, 2021, 08:34:08 PM
That will piss of the fanbase even more.

This is the way!

Obsession of one idea is not good.

Resident Evil example is better than Star Wars. When the false Resident Evil 3 (Nemesis)  was released (Code Veronica is true, but it was released on not such popular Dreamcast), many fans become fossilized with the idea that Resident Evil is only zombies, doomed city and survival. And they were blew up, when the Resident Evil 4 was released. How? A sect? Gothic castle? Walking robo-statue? Non-zombie parasites? A normal camera? HOW WHY REEEEEEEEEEE! And the same with RE7-8. Ethan? Who is focken Ethan? Why not an old canonical character? A walking mold? First person camera? Vampires, werewolves? WHERE IS THE ZOMBIES? REEEEEEEEE!

Is this normal behavior? Should Capcom listen to such fans and kill new ways and creative freedom? Of course - NO! How many fans - so many tastes and opinions. Plus fresh players.You just need to do what you think you need, without looking at the opinion of the non-permanent fossilized "fans".

And of course - for each obsession, you need your own exorcist. We have Ridley for Alien Universe.

Kradan

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed