Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,608 times)

Nightmare Asylum

I kind of just imagined the WY execs were who he was talking about anyways. They would make sense given the post-Aliens setting and the content of this particular story (and iirc, I think at least one of them was mentioned in The Cold Forge already).

It doesn't sound to me like he's going to be contradicting anything in Alien 3 here. Just that he's not going to explicitly acknowledge it, in case it doesn't stick, so that it doesn't "date" his story.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: David's Creation on Dec 22, 2020, 08:01:28 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 20, 2020, 08:29:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F4iIlhA39o

Not watched yet, but another interview.
He describes how he doesn't think Alien 3 will be canon forever and how this book relies heavily on the first two movies.

The interviewer asks if we'll see any returning characters from those movies. He answers yes.

So unless the returning characters are the salvage crew, medical staff, boardroom execs, or Jonesy, it sounds like he's already going against Alien 3.

It certainly seems that way. One would guess he just can't announce precisely what he's doing yet - what that returning character is. Can't let the Jonesy out of the bag.

Local Trouble

Quote from: David's Creation on Dec 22, 2020, 08:01:28 PM
He describes how he doesn't think Alien 3 will be canon forever and how this book relies heavily on the first two movies.

The interviewer asks if we'll see any returning characters from those movies. He answers yes.

So unless the returning characters are the salvage crew, medical staff, boardroom execs, or Jonesy, it sounds like he's already going against Alien 3.

Ultramorph

I'm betting the character is another Bishop android or Charles Bishop Weyland.

Kimarhi

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 22, 2020, 09:23:13 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 22, 2020, 03:39:08 AMIf Scott wanted to make scifi epic alien exploration movie and not include the alien, he should've just started up another IP.

Tbf, he sort of tried that with Prometheus... before bottling it and having something pointlessly burst out of something else right at the end.

But it wasn't really its own IP when the movie was promoted as having answers for the Alien franchise within.  He should've just had his own engineer story in it and left out everything else related to the franchise if that is what he wanted to do in the firstplace.  I like Scott, he's got four of my favorite movies of all time: Alien, Blade Runner, Black Hawk Down and Kingdom of Heaven, but he's weighing the progression of the franchise down. 

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 23, 2020, 12:49:06 AM
He should've just had his own engineer story in it and left out everything else related to the franchise if that is what he wanted to do in the firstplace.

Kimarhi

Yep.  I think RBW is probably the movie/series he had in his head all along. 

Xiggz456

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 22, 2020, 10:11:38 PM
I'm betting the character is another Bishop android or Charles Bishop Weyland.

That's my guess as well.

Ultramorph

Marvel solicitations are up:

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/23/march-2021-marvel-comics-solicitations/

I was right, the character is

Spoiler
Bishop.

QuoteGabriel Cruz gave his life to Weyland-Yutani–In the case of an alien attack he barely survived, almost literally! Recently retired, Cruz is trying to patch things up with his abandoned son with the help of his friend, a Bishop-model android, but his re-entry into civilian life is not going smoothly...and his encounters with the deadly Xenomorph are far from over. Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Salvador Larroca team up to tell an all-new tale of the titan of horror and science fiction that has scared audiences for decades. No one is safe. No one is innocent. And no one can hear you scream.
[close]

Xiggz456

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 23, 2020, 02:43:21 PM
Marvel solicitations are up:

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/23/march-2021-marvel-comics-solicitations/

I was right, the character is

Spoiler
Bishop.

QuoteGabriel Cruz gave his life to Weyland-Yutani–In the case of an alien attack he barely survived, almost literally! Recently retired, Cruz is trying to patch things up with his abandoned son with the help of his friend, a Bishop-model android, but his re-entry into civilian life is not going smoothly...and his encounters with the deadly Xenomorph are far from over. Phillip Kennedy Johnson and Salvador Larroca team up to tell an all-new tale of the titan of horror and science fiction that has scared audiences for decades. No one is safe. No one is innocent. And no one can hear you scream.
[close]

We called it! Wow 14 variant covers! Also I like that it's a 40 page issue!

Corporal Hicks

The solicitations also mention a ALIEN GRAPHIC COMIC BOX. Wonder if they're doing an Alien themed storage box.

Nightmare Asylum

With 14 different variants, it might take a whole box just to store a complete collection of issue ones. :D

HuDaFuK

Perfect-Organism

I wonder if any of the variants would use the Aliens title..

Kradan

I dig one with a Queen head

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed