Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 277,302 times)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 08, 2020, 09:05:46 AM
I like that marvel have gone with 'ALIEN'.

Im very interested.

Wait till you see 10 Aliens variants

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 08, 2020, 01:10:50 PMWait till you see 10 Aliens variants

Tbf they'll have to go some to outdo all the Archie vs. Predator II variants they put out.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 08, 2020, 06:31:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrz8jHD6JqU

Haven't listened to it yet: http://fanbasepress.com/index.php/audio/podcasts/the-fanbase-weekly/item/11466-fanbase-feature-an-exclusive-interview-with-writer-phillip-kennedy-johnson-on-crafting-the-first-alien-story-from-marvel-comics

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 08, 2020, 06:36:48 AM
Haven't listened to it yet: http://fanbasepress.com/index.php/audio/podcasts/the-fanbase-weekly/item/11466-fanbase-feature-an-exclusive-interview-with-writer-phillip-kennedy-johnson-on-crafting-the-first-alien-story-from-marvel-comics

So from what I've listened to so far - sounds like the intent is it be an ongoing series with mini-arcs like any of the other Marvel titles. First arc seems to be under the working title of Bloodlines/Spring. Marvel seems to have been hands-off editorially with this one, with the only real thing being they wanted to replicate Aliens which Johnson pushed back on, and seems to be going for more of an Alien-vibe.

DNA reflex seems like it is coming into play here. But the original Big Chap is going to be represented. We'll see more Gigeresque design elements too.

Johnson considers this his best work.

An ongoing with mini arcs sounds f**king awesome! And I think this kind of continuous story is best suited for a character who works within WY.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 08, 2020, 01:17:12 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 08, 2020, 01:10:50 PMWait till you see 10 Aliens variants

Tbf they'll have to go some to outdo all the Archie vs. Predator II variants they put out.

I smell some tracing here

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Uncle marvel back at it again this time molsteing a new franchise but who knows It might be good I just not going to hold out hope so I can't be disspaonted no matter what

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

If they're doing mini-arcs I really hope we see WY deal with some non-xeno aliens at some point. I still want Arcturians, damnit! It's been like 6 years since they confirmed they are non-human and we still haven't seen one.  :laugh:

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Didn't the avp wiki said arcturians are like ape men with amphibian organs or something I want some new creatures to but as long as there host for the xenomorphs at one point

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Not really a spoiler, but Johnson about about the DNA reflex on Twitter and one bit made me happy:

Spoiler
https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/status/1336369368243036160?s=21

Quoteboundless creativity regarding their design. A xeno that came from six unbroken generations of humans would look different than a xeno that had one generation of engineer in the mix, or even an ox, a dog, a snake or whatever. You'll see a new xeno in our book, too! (2/2)

It's nice that Engineers are at least on the mind of the writers. Not saying we'll see them anytime soon, but it's good to see them recognized as part of the lore.
[close]

judge death

Dunno what he means with xenomorphs who come six unbroken generations of humans means, xenomorphs dont have generations nor do humans change dna in generations, but well sounds like this xenomorph we get to have in the comic will just be born from a different creature than ox/human/space jockey then.

Because in canon and the 3 alien movies we know:
Facehugger + human: big chap and later warrior design.
facehugger + ox/dog: runner alien
facehugger + space enginner: what we saw int he comics.

Drukathi

I think six unbroken generations just means six films.

Corporal Hicks

He could mean in terms of new Queens being born along those lines, and then laying the eggs and continuing on.

Dingbat

I never really had comics aside from the Beano, and I had a LOT of beanos, given that this is the first outing of the "new" stuff, I might get it and see how they fare!

Whisperer

Whisperer

Art looks cool - apart from the alien's flimsy tongue 😂

Kimarhi

Marvel got the LIMP DICK ALIEUMZ

HicksIsAlive

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 08, 2020, 12:58:12 AM
Ehhhhh, the only time we see the second tongue is when it kills someone so it never ruled out if it can even bend in the first place. Oddly, it also adds a flavor of being demonically perverse, that same artistic vision of H.R Giger's of the alien being violent, sexual, unknown, and parasitic, kind of like a throwback to the scene where the alien tail was going up to Lambert's cooch right before it killed her.

I hated the idea of the bendy tongue since I saw it in Resurrection but you've made a really pertinent point there that could actually be used in a really interesting and Gigerly pertinent way. Would just seem a bit odd for them to start using the inner mouth so differently after all these years. Unless of course it's down to some DNA trickery of a new strand of Alien based on some other alien biology?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed