New Set Construction Picture Reveals Link to Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 13, 2016, 06:12:02 AM

Author
New Set Construction Picture Reveals Link to Prometheus (Read 30,881 times)

Corporal Hicks

New set construction picture reveals link to Prometheus. One of the images most associated with Sir Ridley Scott’s Prometheus was that image of the massive Engineer head that dominated the urn chamber within the Engineer facility. It was an image that was featured prominently during Prometheus’ marketing.

It would now appear that another giant Engineer head monument is being constructed at Fox Studios Australia where Alien: Covenant will be shooting shortly.

New set construction picture reveals link to Prometheus.

New set construction picture reveals link to Prometheus.

The image comes via Instagram user charlietong123. This is our first specific indication that any Engineer facility or architecture will be featured in Alien: Covenant.

Perhaps David did discover another Engineer complex somewhere on the surface of Paradise. Or perhaps we will find the head overgrown in the depths of the green scenery?

The picture has now been taken down from Instagram. 

PVTDukeMorrison

So does this mean we'll be seeing another Urn chamber? I feel like it would be cool to see how the black liquid affects a xenomorph

RidgeTop

Maybe we'll get some meaning for it this time. Is it just me or does fox totally not have any leak prevention or security for this production?

oduodu

Ridgetop

I am starting to wonder the same thing.

Not complaining though!

Perhaps lv 223 revisited?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Apr 13, 2016, 06:17:19 AM
So does this mean we'll be seeing another Urn chamber? I feel like it would be cool to see how the black liquid affects a xenomorph

I'm really hoping the accelerant doesn't come into play when it comes to the Alien creation. I am quite happy we'll see some more Engineer locales though! I just hope it's more Giger-esque this time. No more stone, give me bones!

Quote from: RidgeTop on Apr 13, 2016, 06:58:46 AM
Maybe we'll get some meaning for it this time.

Maybe. It'd be nice to know!

QuoteIs it just me or does fox totally not have any leak prevention or security for this production?

Yeah, they don't seem as tightly clamped as Prometheus.

whiterabbit

At the rate the leaks are coming we'll see the movie on DVD before it's even released in theaters.

Maybe we'll get to see the city of the engineers, reminiscent of Greek culture. Complete with giant statues and buildings.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 13, 2016, 07:17:40 AM

I'm really hoping the accelerant doesn't come into play when it comes to the Alien creation. I am quite happy we'll see some more Engineer locales though! I just hope it's more Giger-esque this time. No more stone, give me bones!
I'm kind of hoping the black goo was just another experiment that went awry. Maybe it should stay within the confines of Prometheus. What do you guys think?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 13, 2016, 08:02:06 AM
At the rate the leaks are coming we'll see the movie on DVD before it's even released in theaters.

I hope not.

QuoteMaybe we'll get to see the city of the engineers, reminiscent of Greek culture. Complete with giant statues and buildings.

I'd definitely love to see some form of Giger-esque city.

Maybe it should stay within the confines of Prometheus. What do you guys think?

I'm with you there. I'd have no problem seeing no more of it.

XENOMORPHOSIS

So this suggests the possibility that the Engineers may still have a presence, even though this will predominantly be a Xenomorph show.

Corporal Hicks

From what we've heard from Scott so far it would sound like the film will revolve around the Engineer's creation of the Aliens.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 13, 2016, 08:12:17 AM
From what we've heard from Scott so far it would sound like the film will revolve around the Engineer's creation of the Aliens.
Kind of hoping for a history lesson instead of mad science. The crew will likely stumble upon some long dormant eggs I bet. Ah who am I kidding I want to see that ceiling hanging alien kick things off.

Corporal Hicks

Well maybe not revolve around but include something about it. I just hope it's coherent, whatever they come up with.

OWLF

Looks very similar to the concept art seen in the Prometheus : The Art of the Film book.

Infected

Ehm it wouldnt affect a xeno, why would it affect a xeno?
Its most likely that the black goo is part of the creation of the xeno when its mixed with non xeno dna.
And if that is the case then the outcome is already known to us, like the deacon for example.

whiterabbit

Quote from: OWLF on Apr 13, 2016, 09:23:56 AM
Looks very similar to the concept art seen in the Prometheus : The Art of the Film book.

Oh great, Ridley's just going to use the stuff we all said look better than the stuff used in Prometheus...  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Better than using stuff we said we didn't like.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed