Alien: Covenant in Upcoming Magazines

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 21, 2016, 04:26:02 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant in Upcoming Magazines (Read 69,246 times)

Necronomicon II

Man, I just want to go to Milford Sound and leave everything behind.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

What a rush... Told you this is the best place for info/stuffs. 8)

Corporal Hicks

Sorry for the delay, a 5 minute job turned into about a 2 hour job and the magazine was a huge pain to download. It's only a small piece and just the one new still.

Just transferring it across and writing a news post on it.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 23, 2017, 02:38:37 PM
Sorry for the delay, a 5 minute job turned into about a 2 hour job and the magazine was a huge pain to download. It's only a small piece and just the one new still.

Just transferring it across and writing a news post on it.

You don't have to apologize. 8)

locusta

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 23, 2017, 12:05:36 PM
Wait, they will be showing Alien Covenant there?

I like MILFORD SOUND.
Beautiful place.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/alien-covenant/exclusive-new-look-alien-covenant/
QuoteA new issue of Empire arrives in all good and evil newsagents from today, and leading the pack of exclusive first looks at the biggest movies os Alien: Covenant, Ridley Scott's sci-fi prequel-sequel, which leads up this month's Preview section. Here's a sneak peek of that exclusive new image, which sees the new crew of the Covenant setting foot on a verdant new planet. Take a look below, and click to embiggen.

As the new Empire explains, this planet is not their original destination: they have detoured to answer a distress call. And given this franchise, it's a good guess that "distress" will soon be too mild a description.

"What's great about this story is the characters are so different," says the film's returning star, Michael Fassbender. "They're not just filling out a spaceship, their characters have been thought about. It harks back to those really cool characters in the original Alien, where there are great relationships going on outside of the [alien]."

This is just a preview, of course – for more on Alien: Covenant and a galactic tonne of other movie exclusives – be sure to pick up a copy of Empire, on sale in all good and evil newsagents now. Want to get your copy days before anyone else? Subscribe to Empire here.

It's a huge freaking planet and they land in water???

Corporal Hicks

Enoch

Is that it or there is more?

Necronomicon II

Water would be a most valuable resource for colonists.

Corporal Hicks

That's it. So we're still waiting on the set visit coverage.

locusta

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Feb 23, 2017, 03:14:13 PM
Water would be a most valuable resource for colonists.

Of course. But why get wet feet on day one? 20 meters further might have been dry land. And does the shuttle not blow up on a grass surface? Might be wrong with that.

Corporal Hicks

You see it on the shore. Perhaps the jungle is just to dense and this was the closest point to the signal?

slipknotpredator

The spot where the ship lands its a very shallow place next to the grass in Milford Sounds.

I've been there ;)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

It depends on the tide whether the ship is in the water or on "land".

All those unofficial set photographs from last year either showed the dropship prop high-and-dry or in shallow water but still in the same spot.

Milford Sound is lovely but it all just looks like Milford Sound, not an alien planet. It's one of the worlds leading tourist destinations and easily recognizable. I was hoping they'd digitally extend the background and amp everything up a bit. Taller mountains, taller waterfalls etc. Like they did with the Wadi Rum scenery in Prometheus, such as adding the tall snow covered mountains behind the desert scenery.

Now this may simply just be a behind-the-scenes photograph, maybe they will still change things up a bit in post. Although the scenery in the trailer wasn't really altered as far as I could see.

EDIT

Actually nevermind, this is not a bts shot. The dropship prop has the CG extensions added so what we see here is probably what we'll see in the final film.  :-\

locusta

Well, at least for movie sightseeing travel it is now an easy bait :D

Dale Martin

Dale Martin

The "last supper" teaser has a very Nostromo feel about the ship and crew. Looking forward to seeing the film even more now then when I saw the first trailer back at Christmas.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed