Dune Remake

Started by Gates, Oct 17, 2007, 12:50:34 AM

Author
Dune Remake (Read 158,652 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Was about to reformulate that a bit but Jonesy's just too darn fast.   ;D

Think the article implies a different conclusion more than outright come to it/pointedly state it.

edith: Im solely referring to the design aspect btw.

edith2: After rereading a certain passage I now think it outright states they copied Schoenherr.  :D   

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: kwisatz on May 02, 2021, 06:29:00 PM
Was about to reformulate that a bit but Jonesy's just too darn fast.   ;D

Think the article implies a different conclusion more than outright come to it/pointedly state it.

edith: Im solely referring to the design aspect btw.

edith2: After rereading a certain passage I now think it outright states they copied Schoenherr.  :D   

Yeah, but overall the author seems to conclude how complex the creative process is of...everything: from a fictional character like Chewbacca to a 21st century gadget like an iPhone  :laugh: while he himself feels identified since he has worked in the video game industry. A conclusion reached when researching the less mainstream and more obscure details of creative process behind the ionic character:

"Chewbacca didn't spring to life out of nowhere, fully formed when Lucas saw his dog in the passenger seat of his car. That's the soundbite. A single step. The reality is complex and human. From vague names floating around, the kernel of an idea, changing purposes and roles of characters, major restructuring, the design hopping from person to person, scrapping the existing concept and going down a different path, seeing existing things in a different light and having to conform a range of ideas to complement and enrich one another."

kwisatz

kwisatz

Ja, he writes pretty balanced. Guess it's what "tricked" me into the "reformulation" bit.

Somewhere around the middle part I think he makes it more or less clear that he ultimately thinks that at one point they decided to use more Schoenherr and less "original" McQuarrie for final Chewie though.

Ingwar

Ingwar

QuoteBecoming Baron Harkonnen: Stellan Skarsgard Teases the Terrifying Dune Villain

I did eight or ten days on the movie, so my character doesn't show up for too much, but his presence will be felt. He's such a frightening presence where even if he doesn't say anything, I think you'll be afraid of him. And I'm extremely fat. I had eight hours in the makeup chair every day. And in some scenes, I look very tall because I levitate. You're going to have a lot of fun with it

https://movieweb.com/dune-2021-villain-baron-harkonnen-stellan-skarsgard/

Immortan Jonesy

ace3g

ace3g

Dune will be exclusively in theaters for 45 days before streaming on HBO Max

https://twitter.com/Collider/status/1394442597142351872

kwisatz

kwisatz

Excellent.

Gonna need every extra dollar for Letoworm.

kwisatz

kwisatz

She no fan of Letoworm.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Legendary says theatre debut only, Warner says HBO Max and theatre. I see a lawsuit incoming...

kwisatz

kwisatz

...and another postponement of release?  :(

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

kwisatz

kwisatz

Guess point is getting closer too, where DV ultimately decides to start investing his time in another project.. 

Especially with Warner fu**ing around like that.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

But what about the Letoworm?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed