Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 176,539 times)

Corporal Hicks

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-26/disney-fox-deal-is-said-to-pass-in-brazil-with-divestment-accord

QuoteWalt Disney Co.'s $71 billion purchase of 21st Century Fox Inc.'s entertainment assets is expected to win Brazilian approval now that the companies have agreed to sell the Fox Sports channel and program rights in the country, according to a person close to the situation.

The regulatory agency Cade concluded Disney's ownership of ESPN and Fox Sports would leave just one other competitor and give the company too much market power. The parties agreed to the sale to get the greenlight, said the person, who asked not to be identified because discussions aren't public. The agency is expected to rule on Wednesday.

MoonRightRomantic

Still hoping Disney brings on Cameron and Blomkamp to reboot Alien V.

The Old One

The Old One

Neill Blomkamp's Original idea? Yes.

Sigourney Weaver's Ellen Ripley? No.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: MoonRightRomantic on Feb 27, 2019, 11:42:52 PM

Ya, that would be totally awesome with Sigourney Weaver's Ripley.  And I don't mean Ripley 8...

Huggs

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 28, 2019, 12:38:56 AM

Ya, that would be totally awesome with Sigourney Weaver's Ripley.  And I don't mean Ripley 8...

Let's see what happens with terminator 6 first.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 28, 2019, 12:41:57 AM

Blomkamp's not directing Terminator 6.

Huggs

Huggs

Cameron is involved. I want to see just how much havoc he's capable of causing when returning to a beloved franchise.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 28, 2019, 02:27:38 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Feb 28, 2019, 12:41:57 AM

Blomkamp's not directing Terminator 6.

I think he means if Terminator 6 is successful. Hollywood looks for trends and if bringing Linda Hamilton & Jamie Lee Curtis back meant success for Terminator & Halloween respectively, they'll likely want to proceed with Sigourney and Alien.

* In before your edit Huggsy!!

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 28, 2019, 02:30:49 AM
Cameron is involved. I want to see just how much havoc he's capable of causing when returning to a beloved franchise.

Oh my.

If they go with bringing back the old ones they should try with Dutch before Ripley.

XenoHunter99

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 28, 2019, 02:34:50 AM
If they go with bringing back the old ones they should try with Dutch before Ripley.

Agreed.

You're on a roll today.

Samhain13

The Old One

The Old One

Despite being all about self determination, ironically I believe Terminator will decide the fate of Alien.

Just like how The Terminator got James Cameron the Aliens gig, history repeats.

The Kurgan

Very well possible.

I honestly can't imagine Terminator getting back on track, even with Cameron. Just a feeling, no particular reason behind it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed