More Info on Underwater Scene

Started by Darkness, Apr 26, 2007, 05:44:26 PM

Author
More Info on Underwater Scene (Read 13,146 times)

Punk19

Punk19

Underwater scene? Those are the best scene's ever. I wonder if the Predator is going to actually swim underwater this time.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Actually, no - human babies will automatically swim if you put them in water, for the most part. It's an instinctive thing. :)  Swimming is actually one of the most easiest things for animals (at least, those who are physically capable of doing so), because we technically 'grew up' in the liquid environment of a womb or egg.  Just look at baby crocodiles, ducks or sea turtles (all air-breathing creatures and lacking gills). They don't have to be taught, they just race to the nearest water and do it! :) Why wouldn't an alien be the same?  There is zero reason why aliens would not simply be quite at home in the water, in the same way that the above animals are, which also do not need to be 'taught'. Again, remember the precedent of the one which swam to get to Newt, then dragged her under the water to travel away.  The only reason why some human beings have to be taught, is because they were often denied the skill of swimming while young and so forgot how to, because it has been so long.  In fact, the whole purpose of why they produce so much mucous might be because their natural state is an amphibious one and it assists them in gliding through a fluid environment.

Banman

Banman

Xenomorphine, babies don´t 'swim'... swimming is a coordinaton between arms and legs to make yuo progress on or under water... That is why babies have to have their mothers holding them... They can stay under water because of the 'womb' but not for long... water is not amniotic fluid...  So, the don't 'swim'... just are able to hold their breath for a while... Swimming is much more than that...   And animals like ducks and crocodiles ar not a good example because the are NATURALLY bred for water... That is why the membranes on ducks' paws and the 'aerodynamics' and morphology of the crocodiles...  Aliens were not originally conceived to be able to swim, and you know that by studying their morphology carefully... check the paws, the claws, the general morphology of the body...  The Aliens swam with their legs, and not with their paws, if you recall...  And in Aliens we only see the Alien come above, we don't see iot swimming in any way... Just for scare effect...   About your last remark, ca you consubstantiate that...? It sounds pretty farfetched to me... We ar amphibious...? We can't breathe under water, we can't even swim under water without flippers and respiratory apparatus, so where did you read this...?

Banman

Banman

Even our eardrums can't hold the pressure for long...

Banman

Banman

Oh, I get it...you were talking about the Xenomorphs on the last paragraph...Oh, ok...  The last remark is a pretty huge assumption, not fact, by the way...

tone

tone

I think I remember reading a comic that showed an alien surviving in deep space, so maybe they don't need to breathe at all.

Banman

Banman

So... I have an idea for Alien 5... between Aliens and Alien3, a deep space ship 'sees' the Xeno Queen from 'Aliens' floating in space and sends a 'hook' or something to catch her and bring her inside... Eheh... she starts laying eggs and that's all she wrote...the space ship returns home (Earth) and the mayhem begins...    :D    Now seriously, comics and movies don't mix... the canon for Alien and Predator is movies, not the comicbook, though Paul Anderson adapted a few aspects of the comics to the silver screen... But the breathing stuff in space is still non-canon, otherwise...The Queen might still be alive...!!! Oh no!!! We can do an Alien5 after all !!!     :D  

getalife

getalife

WOW! How many of you still live in your mothers basement?

smart1

smart1

;D  I just did a report on alien life forms and if they could breath in space   ;D  and got an A   :o  anyway i think alien life forms could be able to breath oxegen    ;)  but it could be possible they can't   :-\  

smart1

smart1

how old are you guys?   ???    im only in grade 6   :'(  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed