Ridley Scott Wants to “Scare the Shit Out of People"

Started by Stolen, Jun 21, 2016, 08:14:21 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Wants to “Scare the Shit Out of People" (Read 36,613 times)

Corporal Hicks

I'm interested to know they've got featurettes being shown off now.

Perfect-Organism

I hope Ridley Scott recognizes the distinction between scary and gory.  Gore is just gross.  Not knowing what is out there that can kill you, is scary.

Giger Beast

There hasn't been a scary Alien movie since, well, Alien!

There are no breaks on the hype train.

Xenoscream

I hope it's true, but honestly Ridley talks so much BS these days it's hard to take anything he says seriously. Still rate him highly, but he needs to pull off an excellent film this time.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Giger Beast on Jun 22, 2016, 10:02:50 AM

Aliens was, is and always will be just as scary as Alien. When the movie came out it, it was so intense for the time that people literally scared themselves sick.

Nostromo

Guys..the guy made Alien and made Prometheus to expand the Alien Universe.. Give him a break LOL!

What about the script writers? Who are they? Whst have they written?

XENOMORPHOSIS

Scott seemed to suggest it was in the profound concept of our creators being of another world and that they're intent on wiping us out, that its the scale of destruction what would be terrifying. Wasn't exactly a straight up horror film. Hope they give Ridley enough time to apply tension, creative death, style in filming and editing to pull off genuine scary scenes with Aliens.

szkoki

nah ahh dont buy it twice sir

The Alien Predator

I honestly never found Alien or Predator scary in the films. The closest I came to being slightly on edge is during the nightclub level in AvP 2010 as a Colonial Marine. (The Facehuggers though make me SUPER on edge as a marine though... hate those little f**ks.)

The only dream I had featuring them is when I dreamt of myself as a Predator slaughtering a horde. Preds must be my security blanket lol. I even let Facehuggers jump on me just to see my badass self pull it off my ugly mofo face in the game.

Am I the only one? Even as a kid in primary school, I was fascinated as f**k by the Alien but not scared.

So I doubt Riddles will be scaring me with this film. The news is exciting nonetheless as I would love to see more horror elements.

Maybe to cure my lack of fear, I oughta play Alien Isolation on the hardest difficulty LOL.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 22, 2016, 09:30:25 AM
I'm interested to know they've got featurettes being shown off now.

Where, where!!!

Corporal Hicks

CineEurope. This is where the quote came from. I've asked Fox if they have any plans to release this featurette but they'll be in bed now. I doubt they will anyway. I imagine this was event exclusive - at least for now.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 22, 2016, 12:26:35 PM
CineEurope. This is where the quote came from. I've asked Fox if they have any plans to release this featurette but they'll be in bed now. I doubt they will anyway. I imagine this was event exclusive - at least for now.

Ask about Noomi, and new poster, and at the very least.. A firm release on trailer, oh and ask if release can be pushed to June 2017.  8)

Sorry I'm a little hyper excited for this.

Giger Beast

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 22, 2016, 10:08:46 AM
Quote from: Giger Beast on Jun 22, 2016, 10:02:50 AM

Aliens was, is and always will be just as scary as Alien. When the movie came out it, it was so intense for the time that people literally scared themselves sick.

Yeah you're right, Aliens totally slipped my mind.

Scariest scene for ME was the sealed room/facehugger sequence. VERY tense.

Xenomorphine

Yeah, 'Aliens' certainly has its moments (and, scare-wise, the music is more effective at evoking dread/horror than the Goldsmith score).

Hell, it has a faux dreamscape chestburster sequence at the start which is every bit as disconcerting as Kane's. Could even argue it was a little better. The stuff with the cat hissing and then those slow 'honey dripping' violin strings... Even the slow-motion is done at just the right pace to sell Ripley being in genuine fear she could be undergoing the same thing.

Kane's had more cultural impact because it was the first, but it was played relatively straight. The dreamed up version from 'Aliens' had better choreography.

As for this quote, my first reaction was to cringe. It's exactly the same thing he claimed for the first one.

426Buddy

I always found Aliens and Alien quite scary as a child, oh the nightmares I had.

Not as scary as 1 & 2 but when Alien3 came out (when I was 8 ), I had dreams our dog had an alien in it lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed