Pop Funko Predator Dog!

Started by Tetsujin, Jul 05, 2018, 09:54:50 PM

Author
Pop Funko Predator Dog! (Read 29,760 times)

Master

Master

They had great looking predator hounds, yet they chose those abominations. Just Great FOX.

The Old One

The Old One

Thanks! I hate it!

I could make better concept art for a Predator dog that doesn't involve slapping dreds on the thing, this was a terrible decision.
If this is a accurate respresentation of how they'll appear in the film it's going to take me out of it every time they appear.

Honestly, hope to the Heavens that this is an Alien Covenant situation where the merchandise design is different from the film design. 

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Well we can safely say that the dreads are dreadful

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 03, 2018, 03:36:04 PM
If this is a accurate respresentation of how they'll appear in the film it's going to take me out of it every time they appear.

Yeah.  If that's the design they've settled on, I'm going to check out every time they come on screen.  Not a good cinema experience.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 03, 2018, 12:05:44 PM
Yeah, will have to see how the none Funkoed version looks, of course.

So far, it doesn't look promising  :-\  Given how much the original character design from the leaked script is being reflected in the toy.

Dannyboy

Dannyboy

I though upgrade would be practical as well as cgi?

The Old One

The Old One

No, totally CG.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 03, 2018, 05:49:19 AM
Extreme pet grooming.
:laugh:

But wow, didn't catch the dreads in that first pic. Kind of dissapointing. Maybe they'll look better on screen in full detail and action.

They look like little Lord Farquaads with those locks though. Interesting choice of colors too.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

MAYBE... They're just wearing little Predator-dog Tiara's with dreadlocks glued on?

YTL_Hunter_H2

YTL_Hunter_H2

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 03, 2018, 07:48:21 AM
Quote from: Master on Aug 03, 2018, 06:42:19 AM
Horrible... just like in the leaked script. Now imagine thete was whole other bunch of hybrids looking similar. Awful, yuck.

Thank God they removed them. Yeah, I'm really disappointed it's just dreads slapped on the dogs. Fortunately no mandibles, though.
may as well have the mandibles the teeth are exactly the same. Makes me thankful the hybrids were cut

The Old One

The Old One

If this was the design philosophy for all the hybrids then yes indeed, I'm glad they have been removed.

I thought the spider-creatures were going to be along the lines of headcrabs with crustacean overtones, maybe mandibles.

But if they're as bad in design as the Predator Dogs here I'm glad they're gone.

(Hopefully the film versions were changed in design after Funko pops got the designs way back when.)
It's my only hope for not laughing at these things come September.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Honestly the way the script described the spiders I thought they were just going to be a Predator head with lobster legs.

The Old One

The Old One

I guess we'll know when the Blu-ray comes out, failing that a book that contains some amount of BTS material, failing that when ADI releases footage on their YT channel.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

There's a book coming out around the end of august as far as I know.

PredBabe

PredBabe

So I bought the masked fugitive Predator vinyl and on the back of the box it still shows the exact pred dog that Shane posted... without the dreads.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 04, 2018, 10:42:59 PM
So I bought the masked fugitive Predator vinyl and on the back of the box it still shows the exact pred dog that Shane posted... without the dreads.

That would be Ollie?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed