Prometheus Teaser Trailer Analysis

Started by Darkness, Dec 23, 2011, 06:01:26 PM

Author
Prometheus Teaser Trailer Analysis (Read 57,317 times)

Darkness

Darkness

There’s a lot of intricate details contained within the teaser trailer so I thought it was worth doing an analysis of the thing for everybody to read. Here’s my Prometheus Teaser Trailer Analysis. It’s just my take on everything we’ve seen and how the scenes might fit together. I've tried to put the scenes in some sort of chronological order of when they happen in the movie. There’s still a huge amount we don’t know about the film so hopefully some scenes will become clearer when more media is released.

Alien Isolation (Novel) Review - AvP Galaxy Podcast #96

Once again, it’s just my opinion, and not necessarily fact.

RICH-ENGLAND

i think you may have most of that correct but i think the road trip shot is after all the ampule room stuff just before the jockey head scan because theyre clearly heading back to the ship and not away.

i also think the ufo waterfall shot may be right at the beginning explaining the jockeys visiting earth.

thanks

rich

Master

Master

The supposed jockey (bald pale guy) next to the chair have suit very reminescent to those worn by other member of the crew. He probably is mutated human.

But there is one other thing. This saucer above waterfall is nothing like derelict. Maybe bald guy is another alien being not related to humans or Jockeys?

Kimarhi

I'm theorizing part of shaw being wrong is the fact they think it is the jockey's who created man when it isn't. 

Then again, if the ship is seeding life at the beggining of time on earth, thats billions of years ago.  Their tech might've changed in that time.........

Deuterium

Quote from: Master on Dec 23, 2011, 06:18:20 PM

But there is one other thing. This saucer above waterfall is nothing like derelict. Maybe bald guy is another alien being not related to humans or Jockeys?

I mentioned in another thread that the black, disc shape which is above the waterfall might be the opening / exit to a wormhole.  This would go along with some of the rumors about time travel, and Earth in the distant past.

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: deuterium on Dec 23, 2011, 06:56:56 PM
Quote from: Master on Dec 23, 2011, 06:18:20 PM

I mentioned in another thread that the black, disc shape which is above the waterfall might be the opening / exit to a wormhole.  This would go along with some of the rumors about time travel, and Earth in the distant past.

there was also rumours it would have a narrated beginning about earth and also that narrator from ancient aliens has some sort of voice job on the movie. so it could be either or both! lol

thanks

rich

Darkness

It could be at the beginning, I agree. It just feels like something they'd tell a bit later on so that we have some kind context before we see it.

invertyourcross

I'm still keeping faith that the space jockey will be more alien than human.... but excited either way. I keep thinking about Noomi saying we follow her character till the end of the film, yet, when observing the trailer, it becomes very apparent that she (Noomi) will be undergoing some sort of transformation, or experience that I would imagine would take her out of the film sooner.

Also, didn't Fassbender mention that he had a blast being killed by an alien on set? Are we to conclude that their will be horrifying creatures some where in this film. I have the original leaked teaser and there is definitively a clip in it that looks very alien, and less human...

-Large images-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36021219@N06/

Valaquen

Quote from: invertyourcross on Dec 23, 2011, 07:18:37 PM
Also, didn't Fassbender mention that he had a blast being killed by an alien on set?
[/quote
Rafe Spall did.

Face Jockey

The prometheus colliding with the engineer ship must occur for some reason. Who is willing to sacrifice their ship to prevent the other from leaving?

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: Face Jockey on Dec 23, 2011, 08:17:34 PM
The prometheus colliding with the engineer ship must occur for some reason. Who is willing to sacrifice their ship to prevent the other from leaving?

rumour has it that its a blaze of glory last moment from captain janek to stop the space jockeys/engineers leaving to destroy earth.

thanks

rich

Face Jockey

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Dec 23, 2011, 08:21:00 PM

rumour has it that its a blaze of glory last moment from captain janek to stop the space jockeys/engineers leaving to destroy earth.

thanks

rich

Are planetary engineers going to wipe out earth because some android tried to swipe their tech? Also, there would have to be some way for the humans to communicate with the Engineer(s) to even know that's that they were planning.

Master

Master

They might be using some form of thelepatic link.

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: Face Jockey on Dec 23, 2011, 08:28:24 PM
Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Dec 23, 2011, 08:21:00 PM

thanks

rich

Are planetary engineers going to wipe out earth because some android tried to swipe their tech? Also, there would have to be some way for the humans to communicate with the Engineer(s) to even know that's that they were planning.

no idea how it plays out or why but some of the images appear to match the rumours like the look on janeks face, a collision between two craft and the jockey ship hitting the ground.

thanks

rich

Jim131

Jim131

I posted what I thought of the trailer on Page 26 of Trailor forum.  Great recap, mostly agree.  And I didn't know Shaw got pregos, explaining all the rape discussion I thought was coming from no where.

First off, Vickers doing push ups is the second most important scene. Right after her getting into the escape pod.  And yeah, that looks more like an escape pod.  Any insider info if Vickers is an android, too?

Do you have a high res of the Map Room?  It's not Vickers?  Though David sorta makes more sense.

I thought the cloud shots looked like two different scenes, also.

Your sort of implying David created the xenos?

I think the mutant scene that seems like a facehugger is just editing.  Watch that scene on super slow mo and it looks like his face is melting away.  he jaw and nose are gone by the lase scene.  I don't think this is Holloway.

I also don't think Holloway is the same mutant jumping off the truck.  That mutant is in a different suit, the same kind of suit the guy with the flamethrower has at the start of the trailor.  Holloway was in a tight blue suit most of his scenes.

I am guessing (maybe hoping) big blue Engineer scenes are part of prologue rather the main movie.

The way the debri is falling / smoking it looks like you got the ship crashing right.  Def Vickers and Shaw running away at the end.  But when this happens?

Any word on Patrick Wilson and Guy Pearce's roles?  They are listed on IMDB.  I am guessing one might be old bald guy and the other might be WY corporate (Pearce).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed