25 Years of Aliens Convention

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 28, 2011, 08:39:51 PM

Author
25 Years of Aliens Convention (Read 59,684 times)

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, you do. Don't worry about it. Sounds like the usual method and the Alien Legacy guys have done it.

gyro

gyro

have fun fellows!!!

ADC

ADC

It's a fair point, I don't think the Space Centre gave it proper thought regarding the emailing of bank details.
Though as Cpl Hicks said, a good few peeps have paid that way.
The Space Centre did provide their account details as well so you can make a bank transfer yourself by using internet banking.

Be great to see you guys there, I look forward to meeting you all. You can't miss me, I have a ridiculous hair style and will be hosting the Prometheus panel which kicks off the events (11am).

kakarotssj4

kakarotssj4

I live in Peterborough, 1.5 hours away.....but hmm...we'll see :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ADC on Aug 05, 2011, 11:54:19 PM
Be great to see you guys there, I look forward to meeting you all. You can't miss me, I have a ridiculous hair style and will be hosting the Prometheus panel which kicks off the events (11am).

Still sporting the cornrow style hair?

BTW guys, I've been asked about recordings of the Prometheus panel and ADC has kindly informed me:

I will be filming (using crew) all the panels/Q&As exclusively so there will be no video shot by the audience allowed. And if I catch anyone as covert or spy like as me trying to do so I'll stop proceedings! You know what I mean. ;-)
All the other stuff though is fine to video including the Alien Encounter, and I encourage people to do so. Believe, bruv – there'll be loads to capture on the ol' smart phone or camcorder.

There is a good reason I'm being strict about the talks. I'd rather have high quality versions of the panels out there and as you know by now my philosophy is very much about sharing and bringing the 'factions' of the Alien fan community together.

So I decided to film the panels properly with good sound and they'll be edited and put on a DVD which will be sold for £10, for up to two months after the show. When that two month period is up, I'll put all the panels on YouTube for everyone to see. I want all the people that can't get there or can't afford to go to see them. I'll also torrent the DVDs for people to burn for themselves, along with artwork.

So why the DVDs to be sold? Because I want to raise more money for Medi Cinema. If I sell 50 DVDs I'll raise another £500 and that would make me a very happy camper. Know what I mean? You can google Medi Cinema, it's a great cause.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Sounds fair enough.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Very ... I'm in North London so not too far... Haven't been to a con before... what kind of things do people get up to? What's the difference between Saturday and Sunday... To be honest I'm tempted to go for the Alien Experience alone, was always a bit gutted I missed out on that!

Purebreedalien

This sounds even more awesome with each news post. I wish I could come. ='(

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

It's extremely unlikely that I will be there (travel costs would be ridiculous for someone with my age and income, considering I live on the mainland) but I'll try my hardest to make something work.

Because this sounds fabulous.

Corporal Hicks

I've  had my dinner confirmation through.

And I'm pming you, Tyrant.

ADC

ADC

Great to see some of you coming along. Don't forget to buy a ticket to the dinner it'll be an amazing evening!
Many thanks to Cpl Hicks for keeping you all updated.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenoscream on Aug 07, 2011, 02:07:05 PM
Very ... I'm in North London so not too far... Haven't been to a con before... what kind of things do people get up to? What's the difference between Saturday and Sunday... To be honest I'm tempted to go for the Alien Experience alone, was always a bit gutted I missed out on that!

Sorry I missed this! I've only done 3 conventions before myself so I'm not overly knowledgeable but I do believe there's a few things that will only happen on one day. The dinner and Prometheus panel I believe are Saturday only. Oh and there's an FX panel on the Saturday only. On Sunday there's a panel with Terry English about the armor.

Otherwise it's stuff like having photos with the guests, getting autographs, there's usually panels by the actors. They usually have retail sections but I don't know about this?

They'll be premiering Aliens Epilogue and there'll be a showing of the Aliens Encounter documentary. And, of course, a chance to meet up with a bunch of like-minded fans.

Oh and we've got another in our party, Jonny Gore. He's a lurker, AvP XB player that I spent a while talking to last night. He's been trying to get to game night for a while.

Quote from: ADC on Aug 10, 2011, 01:47:43 PM
Great to see some of you coming along. Don't forget to buy a ticket to the dinner it'll be an amazing evening!
Many thanks to Cpl Hicks for keeping you all updated.

Not a problem. I'm very keen to help make this event successful. Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

ADC

ADC

Prometheus panel is both days, 11am, other than that you're all correct Aaron.

Right now we're trying to get Charles de Lauzirika to come over from LA and do a 'making of panel'. As many here will know, he's the man behind the Alien Anthology BD (& DVD) box sets. He'll be able to answer questions on what was missed from the Blu Ray, what is left over, what you'd like to see next time.

He made the documentaries and masterminded the Rawlings cut of Alien 3 and that's just the tip of the ice berg. He's also a really cool guy and I'm lucky to count him as a friend. He's also making the behind the scenes docs for Prometheus. I think his panel would be the most interesting to me personally, since his experience covers all the Alien series and he will, one would imagine, be associated with the franchise on an ongoing basis.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Charles de Lauzirika would be awesome, he answered one of my questions about Bolaji Badejo. Just waiting on my university bursary to come through (confirmed as Sept 12th) so I'll order everything on that day, including the dinner, if it's (fingers crossed) still available.

ADC

ADC

I'm sure you would enjoy the panel with Charles and of course it's a Q&A as well so you could ask anything you want. Make yourself known to me at the event and we can talk about my Bolaji project, it would be good to interview you for that since  you've done some research yourself and worked on your own story.

Regarding the dinner (and new today) you can now reserve a place. Email Malika at:    marketing@spacecentre.co.uk     for reservations, with just your name and how many places you want to reserve. Cut off date to send payment is September 16th. So, reserve a place and then you have until Sept 16th to pay. Only do this if you're sure you're coming though. It's great she's allowed this to happen as it'll help those save up for it.

To anyone sitting on the fence I say this: get your arse to Mars. I mean, Leicester. It's only £13 for the weekend plus a fiver for a go in the Alien Encounter and a £1 in the box to attend the Cast talk. For £19 that's amazing and all proceeds are helping sick people enjoy movies in hospital. If you can only go for one day, no worries, other than one panel you'll see it all anyway.

I went to the '99 Aliens convention at Shepperton, it took me nine hours to hitch hike there and I had to camp in a field that night but it was worth it. If you live far away, put up with a long journey on the National Express coach, it's cheap, will take forever but it's worth the hassle. The last Aliens Convention was that one in 1999 so I guess you can see what I'm saying.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed