Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 90,772 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

As with the few other remasters I've bought, I'll wait for this to get cheap then pick it up.

Huggs

Huggs

If this is just the same story with nicer graphics, I find that severely disappointing. 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

If it's good it's a day one for me honestly.

I just can not get enough Dead Space.

Stitch

Stitch

I actually hope it's an improvement on the original. Maybe eliminate the 'level' structure punctuated by the tram rides, and change the pace so that the middle doesn't drag with the obvious fetch quests.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jul 23, 2021, 08:45:09 PM
If it's good it's a day one for me honestly.

I just can not get enough Dead Space.
Hear hear.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

EA trying to snuff out Callisto Protocol

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 23, 2021, 03:15:48 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Jul 23, 2021, 07:38:38 AM
It's funny because I really think the original holds up absolutely superbly.

Which is a bit of a problem, to be honest.  The original trilogy has been dirt cheap (or even free at times) for so long that unless this remake offers a significantly improved experience, I don't see the point in getting it.  Especially if it's just the first game by itself.

It'd be like RE2 vs RE2 remake.  While I personally find that both the 2nd and 3rd outclass the REmakes, I do find the remakes interesting takes on those stories.  Mostly because they aren't remasters, they are both alternate takes on the story. 

The same cannot be said for the FF7Remake though.  I find that it is on par with or even exceeds the original game.  And even though I've only played it once many moons ago, many people feel the original REmake of the first game is superior to everything that came before and after. 

I'd probably by DS1 remake even if it was just a straight remaster tho. 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Pretty much.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Can't wait to see the remaster of the asteroid part. Maybe they will make it longer.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

>:(

426Buddy

426Buddy

Skulls too, definitely need to add a skull under a thin cowl to all of the designs.  ;)

Kradan

Kradan

It should be like this:

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Haven't played the game since the 360 but loved one and two. I'll be picking it up simply for the fact that it's been so long since the last gameplay.

Stitch

Stitch

Having now moved on to Dead Space 3... It immediately felt like a generic third person shooter set in the Blade Runner world. Did not feel at all like Dead Space.

I'm up to chapter 6 now, and there's a little more DS feeling to it, but it's definitely off.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Stitch on Jul 29, 2021, 12:50:18 AM
Having now moved on to Dead Space 3... It immediately felt like a generic third person shooter set in the Blade Runner world. Did not feel at all like Dead Space.

I'm up to chapter 6 now, and there's a little more DS feeling to it, but it's definitely off.

I honestly can't remember much about the 3rd one at all!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed