Started by City Hunter Yautja, Jul 09, 2021, 12:53:51 AM

Who is the Greater Trophy Hunter?

Jungle Hunter (Predator)
8 (57.1%)
City Hunter (Predator 2)
6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author
Jungle Hunter vs City Hunter (Read 7,076 times)

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 12, 2021, 09:39:56 PM
AvP was retconned by Prometheus detaching the prequels and subsequently the Alien film franchise entirely from AvP.

Do you think a Promethean sequel could reconcile the franchises? 

The biggest issue is Xenomorphs in 2004.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I think it's tricky but possible, but that would have to be over Ridley Scott's dead body. :laugh:

Plus, I just don't think there's enough of an upswell of fan desire to re-link the two quite frankly. It's been my experience you'll find more fan desire to retcon Ridley's prequels as well, and both AvPs and David will be on the outside looking in.  :D

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 12, 2021, 10:00:53 PM
I think it's tricky but possible, but that would have to be over Ridley Scott's dead body. :laugh:

Plus, I just don't think there's enough of an upswell of fan desire to re-link the two quite frankly. It's been my experience you'll find more fan desire to retcon Ridley's prequels as well, and both AvPs and David will be on the outside looking in.  :D

Does Ridley not like the AVP films or the Predator films?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I'm not certain if Ridley is on the record regarding Predator, but no, he's definitely not a fan of AvP.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 12, 2021, 09:46:48 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 12, 2021, 09:39:56 PM
AvP was retconned by Prometheus detaching the prequels and subsequently the Alien film franchise entirely from AvP.

Do you think a Promethean sequel could reconcile the franchises? 

The biggest issue is Xenomorphs in 2004.

Time travel, time travel, everybody !

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 12, 2021, 09:35:58 PM
If AVP becomes canon, it will require they explain David is no the father of Xenomorphs, but simply found the recipe the Predators in AVP and AVPR did.

No son, AvP is canon, but only to the Predator movies.

None of which are canon to the Alien movies.

Or at least, this seems to be how recent creators and a lot of the more up to date fans are rolling with it.

SuperiorIronman

They apparently separate things by brand and frankly nobody seemingly told the Predator writers so AVP still occupies a slot on the timeline even if legal doesn't see it that way. It's clumsy and stupid regarding the actual stance Fox has and is left unenforced so it seemingly doesn't even matter. And even if we didn't include the Alien versus Predator films, they still predate the prequels in the Predator continuity by the existence of the skull and Lex's spear, not to mention Neca lore which is supposed to be canon and has a handful of instances where they appear prior to the prequels. The only elements other prequels Predator uses is the Engineers and that's only based on art done by Tristan Jones.

Really the only way around this is a hard reboot where everyone literally is required to start fresh but that's what happens when Fox doesn't pay attention to what it's doing and simply doesn't care.

It's just two continuities Fox has been really bad at implementing.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 13, 2021, 06:08:24 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 12, 2021, 09:35:58 PM
If AVP becomes canon, it will require they explain David is no the father of Xenomorphs, but simply found the recipe the Predators in AVP and AVPR did.

No son, AvP is canon, but only to the Predator movies.

None of which are canon to the Alien movies.

Or at least, this seems to be how recent creators and a lot of the more up to date fans are rolling with it.

Perhaps the time for caring if its canon or legends is at an end. Just enjoy it all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed