Recent posts

Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by Kradan - Today at 05:02:21 AM
Horner even had spine to tell Cameron and Hurd to f**k off
Alien Films / Re: Alien returning to theater...
Last post by SiL - Today at 05:01:30 AM
And they only got away with it by successfully arguing that since the violence was perpetrated by a shark, it's not like kids could go out and copy it.
He would be great as Judas
General Discussion / Re: Dinosaurs and other prehis...
Last post by Shinawi - Today at 04:50:38 AM

Last post by Elmazalman - Today at 04:28:48 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Yesterday at 02:32:05 PMCovenant's Neomorph bursting scenes are pretty visceral and cruel, too.

The back-burster and the foolish Captain?

The film does have some really nasty moments in it - there's the tail whip that rips a character's jaw right off their face/head! And the shower deaths.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Today at 02:56:49 AM
Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 09:52:51 PM
Quote from: ASH1977 on Yesterday at 09:33:33 PMMind you, Texas Chainsaw Massacre came out in 1974. It was pretty graphic for that time.
It's actually not. There's almost no blood in the whole thing - it was more the tone that was extreme for the time.
I was going to say this, TCM was filmed for a PG rating (no, seriously). There's very little blood or on-screen violence, no sex or nudity, and no profanity.

Tobe Hooper just learned the hard way that showing less and implying things makes the movie 10x scarier and he earned himself an R-rating. see also: Jaws, where serendipitously the mechanical shark didn't work so Spielberg had to imply everything and it ended up making it more effective.

For that matter, see also: 'Alien', where Ridley Scott recognized that the Alien suit was a bit questionable if you saw it full on, so you don't get a good look at it until the end.

Quint's death was more graphic than anything seen in The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974).
Recreational Area / Re: Last TV Show You Watched
Last post by SM - Today at 03:11:48 AM
Last post by Xenomrph - Today at 02:56:49 AM
Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 09:52:51 PM
Quote from: ASH1977 on Yesterday at 09:33:33 PMMind you, Texas Chainsaw Massacre came out in 1974. It was pretty graphic for that time.
It's actually not. There's almost no blood in the whole thing - it was more the tone that was extreme for the time.
I was going to say this, TCM was filmed for a PG rating (no, seriously). There's very little blood or on-screen violence, no sex or nudity, and no profanity.

Tobe Hooper just learned the hard way that showing less and implying things makes the movie 10x scarier and he earned himself an R-rating. see also: Jaws, where serendipitously the mechanical shark didn't work so Spielberg had to imply everything and it ended up making it more effective.

For that matter, see also: 'Alien', where Ridley Scott recognized that the Alien suit was a bit questionable if you saw it full on, so you don't get a good look at it until the end.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: The GODZILLA thread
Last post by Thatguy2068 - Today at 02:54:28 AM
Quote from: E. Shaw on Apr 12, 2024, 08:38:58 PM
Quote from: Master Chief on Apr 11, 2024, 02:18:02 PMI love the part when
Spoiler
Godzilla leans his face near Mothra, looks like he's smiling, and she lets him know (love her chirps) that Kong is not the enemy and they need to work together to face Skar King.
[close]

Spoiler
Gojira's girl friend. :)
[close]
Spoiler
No, Gojira family members
[close]

I'm also watching Monarch TV series I like it so far.
Recreational Area / Re: Last TV Show You Watched
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 02:45:43 AM
I just call it the Katy show.

Spoiler
Because I appreciates her.
[close]
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Fallout
Last post by ace3g - Today at 02:28:18 AM
I love the score riffs similar to Terminator 2 Judgement Day.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed