AvPGalaxy Version 8 Live

Started by Darkness, Jan 01, 2021, 10:42:34 AM

Author
AvPGalaxy Version 8 Live (Read 17,363 times)

Darkness

Darkness

After a few months of work, AvPGalaxy Version 8 is now live. Given that it's Aliens 35th Anniversary in a few months time, I've based it around Hadley's Hope. A lot of the code has been reworked, there's improvements to the mobile theme. The biggest change is I've redone the Gallery and it's now a mosaic sort of layout. There's still a few improvements I need to make to it.

Forum Themes

With regards to the forum themes, you still have the old ones but you can't select any of them anymore. If you change to the Default theme, you won't be able to go back to these. Regarding the two very old default themes, you still have them for now but they really should be removed. For those two, if you haven't logged in for a month, you'll be reset to the new default theme. I know I've been saying this for years but at some point, I really want to remove all those themes altogether.

I'm going to redo all the old forum themes for Subscribers only. I know some people still like different themes. It's just a long process creating them which puts me off doing it. It's taken me months to do the new default theme so I expect it will take the same for new ones.

Stitch

Stitch

It looks really nice, but where's the 'Unread Posts' button gone?
That's the first thing I ever click on as it allows me to see everything that's been added since my last visit.

EDIT
Ignore me. I found it!

Shasvre

Shasvre

Lookin' good. 8)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Not doing a new post for it?

Darkness

Darkness

I will. Still fixing all the little bugs first.

El Pistolero

El Pistolero

Looks great. You guys are doing a great work with this site. Thank you a lot!

ED-E

ED-E

Looks great, good job Darkness!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Awesome job guys, needed an update.

Also need the next podcast, need it bad  :D ;D

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I love the new look.

Not gonna lie, the new font for the top kinda looks like the Battlestar Galactica font, which is not a bad thing by any means.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Where is it?  Otherwise looks great.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Still no way for regular forum members to embed Twitter posts?  It looks like the new version actually removed the ability to embed Facebook posts.

Darkness

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Your Twitter link isn't embedded on my end.  FB embeds are working for me now.

Darkness

Darkness

It's usually because you've got the link wrong and added the ?s to the end of it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

My older posts with embedded FB links were broken just a while ago.  I didn't edit them, but suddenly they're working fine after I mentioned it here.  I can see the Twitter posts embedded by Hicks, but not yours.  Yours just looks like a hyperlink to me.

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1344737204271124481

Does that show up as embedded on your end?  It doesn't on mine.

EDIT: Turns out it's a browser thing.  The embedded Tweet shows up in Chrome and Edge, but not Firefox.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed