Forum/Website Bugs

Started by Darkness, Nov 14, 2006, 09:07:57 AM

Author
Forum/Website Bugs (Read 178,273 times)

Darkness

Darkness

It appears that it's only marking a topic read if you go to the last page. If you just go to the first page it doesn't do it. Has it always been like that?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Since that 2014 update.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 01, 2014, 09:08:48 PM
It appears that it's only marking a topic read if you go to the last page. If you just go to the first page it doesn't do it. Has it always been like that?
No, it doesn't work when you go to the last page. That's why we have to keep revisiting the thread. And yes, if you didn't go to the last page, the new button would still be there. It's always been like that.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 01, 2014, 09:08:48 PM

I pretty much always jump straight to the last page when reading new posts and the problem is still there. :-\

Darkness

Darkness

Okay, so I've done a lot of testing with it and

a) wherever you get to in the topic, it is marking it as read up to that point.

b) the 'new' image next to a topic will always be there unless you go to the last page of the topic. I did test this on my account, another account and fresh install and even on the official SMF forum, it only goes away if you go to the last page and it does it on every single thread for me. It does indeed seem to be the default behaviour though I don't think it used to be like this. I'm sure if you went to page one, it would mark the whole topic as read. But it's happening on the official forum so it's not an issue here. I don't think it's an issue with any of their updates either. It's a bit of a mystery.

c) I logged into your account Shasvre and it does mark it as read if you go to the last page. It does it on every thread every time. I can't really replicate the problem if it still isn't doing anything for you. I thought maybe it could be a browser, but I tested it in those too and it works as intended.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 02, 2014, 08:54:47 AMc) I logged into your account Shasvre and it does mark it as read if you go to the last page. It does it on every thread every time. I can't really replicate the problem if it still isn't doing anything for you. I thought maybe it could be a browser, but I tested it in those too and it works as intended.

Thanks for checking it out, Darkness. Maybe it's just my computer then. :)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Nah, it's not just you. I've been getting the same thing, too.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

As am I.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I've been getting this message for Google Chrome - it doesn't even let me try to log in. When I open an incognito window, or use Mozilla Firefox, things work fine.  Any way to fix this annoyance?

Darkness

Darkness

That's a mystery. There's no bans for your account or ip addresses at all.

But if you tried logging into another account that was banned, you would get that message.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on May 27, 2014, 10:02:34 PM

I've been getting this message for Google Chrome - it doesn't even let me try to log in. When I open an incognito window, or use Mozilla Firefox, things work fine.  Any way to fix this annoyance?
Try clearing your history and other things like that.

WinterActual

WinterActual

There is a bug caused by the recent theme changes. Something broke the Marine theme :( Please reply back when its fixed so I can change my theme back to it  :)

Darkness

Darkness

Marine theme seems fine to me.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: WinterActual on May 31, 2014, 11:35:26 AM
There is a bug caused by the recent theme changes. Something broke the Marine theme :( Please reply back when its fixed so I can change my theme back to it  :)
Could you elaborate?

Also, I quite like the new theme.

WinterActual

WinterActual

The rest are working fine though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed